TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The New Years' Revolution 07 DVD features John Cena vs. Kevin Federline from Monday Night Raw and the Donald Trump vs. Rosie O'Donnell match from Raw as extras. That's something, eh?

Your little story about "Dalip" has nothing to do about The Great Khali's workrate in WWE or his WWE matches, or anything to do with WWE at all.

He's trained well enough to potray a monster and it works for me.

good lord...I'm actually agreeing with him!

Khali isn't meant to go out and have scienticifc masterpieces with Benoit or CM Punk, he's meant to kill people.

See, and I think that's where WWE messed up with Big Show (at least for a while). Instead of having him wrestle like a giant, they made him wrestle like every other heavyweight main eventer, and he became just another interchangable guy. He lost the mystique of being this huge monster. At least they're doing that with Khali right now.

The problem is Edge is just a guy who can't get bigger... he was on roids before, and there was no change. He has the same body type as DDP.

True, but roids did give him the necessary rage to become the R-Rated superstar!

I don't feel like typing up a detailed WON News post, but here's some highlights from this weeks issue

Tentative WM Main Events at the time of printing - Batista vs Undertaker, Cena vs Michaels, Hogan vs Shane and / or Khali. Edge and Orton are being likely going to regain the tag belts and are being considered for some sort of title defense on the show. While it was originally booked for Batista to end the Undertakers streak, they are becoming increasingly more apprehensive towards the idea, since Batista, while still over with the crowds, would likely get shit on if he ends the streak of the Undertaker, a man whom the crowd respects far more then Batista.

Since when does the WWE care about what the crowd does?

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22766&p=1

CHANGES MADE TO THE SMACKDOWN AND ECW CREATIVE TEAMS

by Mike Johnson @ 12:05:00 PM on 2/6/2007

Dusty Rhodes has been added to the creative team for the ECW brand recently, moving from Smackdown to work under head writer Dave Lagana. Lagana himself was said to have asked for Rhodes to be moved to the ECW brand during a recent meeting with Vince and Stephanie McMahon, noting ECW would have MTV's Wrestling Society X competing for the same audience and Rhodes could assist him with ideas for ECW.

Lagana remains the ECW head writer, taking Rhodes' ideas and then fitting them into his vision for the ECW brand (which of course is then filtered through the McMahon family).

It should be interesting to see what type of effect this has not just on ECW, but the Smackdown brand as well. Of late, Rhodes had been involved on Smackdown alongside Michael Hayes, with that brand picking up considerable steam in recent months.

Why not? Rhodes worked his share of barbed wire matches in his day. Plus he actually wrestled an ECW match before they closed shop.

I too like the Great Khali. Not all of the great wrestlers have been great workers. Some have been absolutely putrid in the ring. It's just a matter of booking a wrestler to accentuate his positives and disguise his negatives. Khali's been used exactly right at this point, and his weaknesses have not exposed him.

Speaking of which, I honestly think WWE should run Hogan vs. Sabu, with Khali in Sabu's corner. Sabu and Khali would make a sensible pair, as both are presented as hailing from India. In Hogan/Sabu you have a "name" opponent, a match that everyone wanted in '95, and two guys who have never met in the ring in their careers.

I haven't had a problem with Khali's booking on Raw (and it was pretty cool when confused Khali threw all the heels out of the ring in that Rumble preview deal on Raw) but to compare him to Kobashi is ludicrous.

I haven't had a problem with Khali's booking on Raw (and it was pretty cool when confused Khali threw all the heels out of the ring in that Rumble preview deal on Raw) but to compare him to Kobashi is ludicrous.

That was my point. For the character he's being booked as, Khali is fine. I don't look at him and think "get this guy off my screen!" He does fill a role, and thus far he has done so well. But to draw the comparison to Kobashi was what I took umbrage with.

I can understand that Khali is being pushed as this big monster who doesnt have many moves, but seriously, it makes for a really boring match.

Take last week, his match with Hardy was a fuckin snoozefest that went no where. He has no heat and no in ring psychology. He just gets in the ring, delivers some rubbish looking headbutts and chops then raises his arms and shouts. It may work for a big monster character, but its fuckin dull.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22766&p=1

CHANGES MADE TO THE SMACKDOWN AND ECW CREATIVE TEAMS

by Mike Johnson @ 12:05:00 PM on 2/6/2007

Dusty Rhodes has been added to the creative team for the ECW brand recently, moving from Smackdown to work under head writer Dave Lagana. Lagana himself was said to have asked for Rhodes to be moved to the ECW brand during a recent meeting with Vince and Stephanie McMahon, noting ECW would have MTV's Wrestling Society X competing for the same audience and Rhodes could assist him with ideas for ECW.

Lagana remains the ECW head writer, taking Rhodes' ideas and then fitting them into his vision for the ECW brand (which of course is then filtered through the McMahon family).

It should be interesting to see what type of effect this has not just on ECW, but the Smackdown brand as well. Of late, Rhodes had been involved on Smackdown alongside Michael Hayes, with that brand picking up considerable steam in recent months.

Not exactly breaking news. This was in the Observer a couple of weeks ago. Still, it can't hurt ECW.

Guest Montresor
Why is it that the internet has an orgasm over Kenta Kobashi's spinning backhand chop to the face, but when Khali does a chop it's "OMG, big oaf, he sux, wow, a fuckin' chop".

What?

The #1 moment in this year's awful Rumble was Khali tossing the internet squad, with Benoit, CM Punk, and RVD being chopped and tossed to the floor, IMO.

A dozen or so guys staggering toward him one at a time and being punched/chopped/headbutted in slow motion (including punk an beniot lolol fuk the iwc)—did you seriously find this entertaining?

Speaking of which, I honestly think WWE should run Hogan vs. Sabu, with Khali in Sabu's corner. Sabu and Khali would make a sensible pair, as both are presented as hailing from India. In Hogan/Sabu you have a "name" opponent, a match that everyone wanted in '95, and two guys who have never met in the ring in their careers.

Wow, yeah, I'd mark out for that, but it will never happen. Hogan wouldn't sell any of Sabu's offense (other than after Khali interfered), and Sabu seems to be on the outs with the company anyway. Not a horrible idea, though. Who wouldn't love to see Hogan take an Arabian facebuster through a table?

I'd pay to see Sabu vs Hogan. That would be a really, really intresting match.

I don't feel like typing up a detailed WON News post, but here's some highlights from this weeks issue

Tentative WM Main Events at the time of printing - Batista vs Undertaker, Cena vs Michaels, Hogan vs Shane and / or Khali. Edge and Orton are being likely going to regain the tag belts and are being considered for some sort of title defense on the show. While it was originally booked for Batista to end the Undertakers streak, they are becoming increasingly more apprehensive towards the idea, since Batista, while still over with the crowds, would likely get shit on if he ends the streak of the Undertaker, a man whom the crowd respects far more then Batista.

Since when does the WWE care about what the crowd does?

Since they started purposely moving that last ECW PPV to a location where ECW had little to zero exposure in it's heyday, in order to avoid a hostile crowd. It's not so much that WWE gives a shit about their crowd, it's that they don't want people booing Batista as it makes everyone involved look bad.

WWE.com announces a rematch of the 4 way Ladder match from Armageddon, this time at No Way Out.

Guess that means that even though Deuce & Domino beat London & Kendrick last week, they won't actually be in the title picture any time soon.

Those mentioning Hogan/Sabu...

About the time that ECW got re-started, when it seemed Sabu would still get a good push, I thought an Undertaker/Sabu match would have worked.

Taker defending his streak

Sabu trying to prove himself and ECW's honor by ending the streak.

To all the Khali fans:

Do yous watch Raw on mute? No one boos him, no one pops for his moves. No one DOES ANYTHING. He is so un-over, its laughable.

Khali is the 80's. No one who watches RAW gives teo shits about a "7' plus" guys who CANT FUCKING WORK. Mosters have their places, but they have to look impressive on the way they do things. Fans know its a work and care for people who do their job well.

If your big, you have to be able to sell. You cant no sell everything, fans won't care. Its not entertaning at all. This is not the 80's, get with the times.

WWE.com announces a rematch of the 4 way Ladder match from Armageddon, this time at No Way Out.

Guess that means that even though Deuce & Domino beat London & Kendrick last week, they won't actually be in the title picture any time soon.

DAMNIT. This makes me want to get NWO but I promised myself I wouldnt order any more PPVs other than the big 4..even though the lesser ones are usually better.

They should get Regal and Taylor's spot.

Khali is the 80's. No one who watches RAW gives teo shits about a "7' plus" guys who CANT FUCKING WORK. Mosters have their places, but they have to look impressive on the way they do things. Fans know its a work and care for people who do their job well.

If your big, you have to be able to sell. You cant no sell everything, fans won't care. Its not entertaning at all. This is not the 80's, get with the times.

Fans have never cared about how well you work. They want entertainment and that can surely come from a 7' monster.

Fans have never cared about how well you work. They want entertainment and that can surely come from a 7' monster.

You can't entertain if you're so grossly limited that you can't do anything that the fans find entertaining.

Oh fuck yeah! I can't wait to see that in person. :)

Where the fuck have Regal and Taylor been since Armageddon, though?

Training. How to climb a ladder more efficiently. Obviously.

Training. How to climb a ladder more efficiently. Obviously.

If they had announced this ahead of time, we could have had some great comedy with segments showing Regal and Taylor training for the Ladder match.