TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Pointless thing I checked on out of boredom and insomnia last night.

According to Pro-Wrestling Insider's list of officially recognized World Heavyweight Championships, which can be found on Wikipedia, there are 18 men who have been officially recognized World Champions that are currently in WWE:

EDITED TO INCLUDE JAMIE NOBLE/GIBSON

1: Batista

2: Bobby Lashley

3: Chris Benoit

4: CM Punk (The Ring of Honor World Title is counted)

5: Edge

6: Jamie Noble (as Jamie Gibson)

7: John Cena

8: Kane

9: King Booker

10: Randy Orton

11: Rey Mysterio

12: Ric Flair

13: Rob Van Dam

14: Sabu

15: Sandman

16: Shawn Michaels

17: Tommy Dreamer

18: Triple H

19: Undertaker

Just a pointless little tidbit.

I'm actually surprised Cena hasn't made Spinner Tag Belts yet, to be honest.

Then again, he may not have the tag titles past No Way Out.

It kills the prestige of the titles, doesnt it? Kinda trivializes it, like a sub mid card title.That retar, we cant have aa belt that tackey headline Wrestlemaina. Why didnt Edge change it?

Oh please, like Cena's the first one to customize the World Title.

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

And in his second reign, Edge DID change it...sorta.

How can they include Punk but exclude Gibson?

Actually, I was compiling that list of people myself, by the list of recognized by PWI World Titles.

I accidentally skipped over Gibson, forgetting that he goes in WWE by Jamie Noble.

So make it 19 officially active wrestlers.

EDIT: Incidentally, here are PWI's recognized world titles:

-AJPW Triple Crown Championship

-AWA World Heavyweight Championship

-ECW World Championship

-IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

-NWA World Heavyweight Championship

-ROH World Championship

-World Heavyweight Championship (WWE)

-WWE Championship

And the defunct ones:

-WCW World Heavyweight Championship

-WCW International World Heavyweight Championship

-WWA World Heavyweight Championship

If there's a person I missed on my list that has held any of these titles, please inform me.

Bryan Alvarez is reporting that Jillian Hall's new gimmick is a parody of Brooke Hogan. Vince apparently thinks they look alike and it's to take a shot at Hogan.

It's a good call but the purpose to a parody is that people know who is being mocked. Otherwise, Jillian's just another blonde bomshell who can't sing. Better off having her do a Britney parody but that's too recent. Vince is just now thinking of a Nancy/Tonya spoof.

Guest Totally Crazy

It kills the prestige of the titles, doesnt it? Kinda trivializes it, like a sub mid card title.That retar, we cant have aa belt that tackey headline Wrestlemaina. Why didnt Edge change it?

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

Thing is, since Cena did it, it just fits with Vince's obsession with youth. Im an 18 year old white guy, so I should be 'all doped up on the rims', right? Unfortunately, Im not a mook or a wigger, the fanbase WWE lost to TNA.I respect the old school. And when those guys changed it, it wasnt permanent. Or constant. And ttell me it doesnt kill any prestige, and mean it. Im beggin ya.

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

The Rock had the bramah bull belt.

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

That was never officially brought out though.

Seriously, so what? The merchandise sales they get from selling replica spinner belts far outweigh "prestige" of said title. No point in griping about it. At least it fits his character and isn't something that you fish out of a cereal box.

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

When? I seriously don't remember that one.

Personalized belts are stupid, at any rate.

I do like the current RAW tag belts, though. The classic ones were good, but around for a LONG time. They had a nice run.

Serious question that doesn't warrant a thread:

Is the idea of "killing a town" by laying a complete egg of a show invalid now with regards to WWE? I know I've personally never let a crappy show in Charleston deter me from coming to the next, but the only really bad shows we've had were the Ass Cream and Bischoff Gets Dumped Raws. DrVenkman mentioned the SkyDome Raw and that would generally be seen as crapping all over the home crowd, although not on the same level as the annual JR humiliation in Oklahoma. Still, I haven't seen an instance in the years since things bottomed out where a crap show lead to a smaller crowd later.

I saw 2 Smackdowns in Charleston while I was down there.

The nWo on the chair in 2002 one sucked, but the one right after the Royal Rumble in 2001 was ok.

The former was pretty good because we got a good Austin/Booker match, and I was seemingly the only guy in my section who had a clue that the nWo was where Vince's weird crap backstage was headed. The show a week after the 2001 Rumble fuckin' ruled, as it was hard for them to put out a clunker of a TV show at the time. "Did you sell my shirt to buy Tequila?" Shit killed me.

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

I do like the current RAW tag belts, though. The classic ones were good, but around for a LONG time. They had a nice run.

I think the design of the old tag belts were the only one's not re-designed until after the brand split. Which I think would make the longest running design the WWE ever had for a belt.

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

I think the design of the old tag belts were the only one's not re-designed until after the brand split. Which I think would make the longest running design the WWE ever had for a belt.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this about the time that Austin was chasing Rock?

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this about the time that Austin was chasing Rock?

If your talking about the Bramah bull belt, yeah I do think it was around that time.

See also:

Graham, Superstar Billy

Warrior, The Ultimate

Austin, Stone Cold Steve

Well, sorta.

While it is true they kept the basic design on the plate, there were minor redisigns. The logo, for example, when they went from block to scratch.

Plus the Attitude versions were a bit more curved in than the Classic versions, and didn't have that mini-plate with "WWF Tag Team" on it, like the Classic ones did, as well as the 80s World and IC Titles.

EDIT: 86-98, http://secure.wrestlingsuperstore.com/figu...;ProductId=4140

The Attitude Era ones are the ones I had up there in my original question, for the most part.

Why just the foot?

Okay, nine times in the face. He'll survive, so he can have a feud for next year's wrestlemania. Guess who?

Snitchy McSnitch Snitch AKA 5-0 AKA CUUUUUUURRRRTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS AKA Curtis Jackson AKA 50 cent.

What did Superstar Graham's look like?

Basically it was this one:

WWE_1970_-1980.jpg

But with slightly different plate art and a red strap.

EDIT: Two pictures of Graham with his version of the title:

09.jpg

01.jpg

I think my favorite version of the WWF/WWE Championship was either the one Austin first had after beating Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania, because it kind of looked like the old eagle belt, but was bigger and more prestigious looking...or the one Brock Lesnar had as the Undisputed Champion. That was a nice looking belt.

I would have to say that my favorite WWE Championship belt design have to be the "Undisputed" Championship belt because to me, it actually LOOKS like a World Title and is actually a lot bigger than the other versions, and I also like the whole black/gold design to it. the other versions were fine but they were to small to look like a World Title.

I didn't like the fact that back in the days the IC Title was bigger than the WWF Title which made the IC Title look more like a World Title. That just always bugged me.

someone needs to beat John Cena and bury him in the middle of a desert somewhere just so they don't have to use that fucking god-awful Spinner belt anymore. that fucking toy lost it's appeal 2 years ago.

I remember the original version of the Undisputed Championship that Triple H, Hulk Hogan, & The Undertaker had. It was so tiny. I think the Cruiserweight title was just as big. And then when The Rock won it, it was huge.

PWTorch.com reports that Big Show turned down two specific WWE deals. He rejected the first, which carried a price tag in the ballpark of his current $1 million/year deal, due to the fact that it required him to wrestle. The wrestler feels physically burned out, and he has no desire to commit to a long-term contract with required in-ring work.

WWE also offered Big Show a smaller (but still financially large) deal for his "intellectual property rights," which is essentially a fee to keep Show at home and prevent him from joining a competitor. He rejected that as well, although sources say he has no immediate intentions to join TNA.

Guest Totally Crazy

Wow, what a great outlook on tradition. As long as it sells merchandise. If that's the case, we may as well scrap Mania and the Ruble all together since all you need to be the face of the company is being a total corperate shill.

As a side not, Graham's title actually looked good and had credibility. Cena is just an overbooked, Super Underdog

Guest Totally Crazy
Edge did change it! Remember his Rated-R belt?

haha.

Cant say that I do...maybe because his well deserved reign was cut so fucking short.

That spinner belt sells tons of replica's why would they get rid of it? I think it sells more than any of the other belts have.......so they're going to think people like it.