TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 9/14 - 9/16

I was going for Oregon, until that onside kick call, that OU recovered anyways!

Such bullshit.

I don't know what to say. That was the second year in a row that OU got screwed by shitty officiating.

I don't know how any Oregon fan can be proud of that win.

Oh well maybe OU can still run the table in the Big XII and get to a BCS bowl. Peterson seperated himself to be on top of the Heisman race though.

It's great to be a Michigan Wolverine!!! Plus Oklahoma lost(I really don't care if they got screwed or not). If USC loses that would make my day.

Funny, they didn't even mention anything controversial on the highlights. Just OMG Dennis Dixon's the next Vince Young! Instead of OU/OU, Miami/Louisville or anything interesting, my ABC game of the day was Montana State/UC Davis. If that wasn't dull enough to begin with, UC Davis won 41-0 making it completely worthless. Was really hoping they'd at least switch to bonus coverage on ESPN2 or ESPNEWS at the end, but no dice.

I really hope we don't see this kind of shit in the UF-UT game. I can't get over how bad that was.

It's in Florida right? So the officiating won't hurt the Gators. But the Vols better prepare to be part of an episode of "OZ" cause they might take it hard without the lube.

Oh crap, it's in Tenn. You're screwed.

Oregon fans can be proud because, aside from the shitty officiating, they just beat Oklahoma. And they did it on a gorgeous touchdown pass, and a blocked field goal as time expired. Fans don't care about the calls when you get moments like that. It's not really Oregon's fault that their team played well when given the opportunities--even if, as we all saw, those opportunities probably shouldn't have happened in the first place.

(The calls are a separate issue, but: I didn't think the onside kick was that bad because it was real tough to tell where the ball actually was as it was coming down. The PI call sucked, though, because that ball was clearly tipped on the live, full speed, regular camera angle, and actually looked worse when slowed down.)

The thing that was stunning about the OU game to me was how they ran it with AD on the play before the field goal, and were barely able to get the spike off. That sequence was odd.

Dennis Dixon is nothing like Vince Young. The only similarities are that they're both black, wear the same number, and are right handed. That's it.

Oh yeah, they both play QB.

Oh well. OU can still win the Big XII and make a run to the Fiesta Bowl(the actual fiesta bowl not the national title one) by winning the Big XII. This doesn't totally destroy our season because I doubt we could've won a national title anyway.

If we play like this without the penalties then we can easily destroy Texas.

You're right though. Even with the crappy calls OU still had to stop them and they didn't do it. But it was a pretty big screwjob but OU has to accept blame.

Oh good job ISU.

Is Texas going to be the only Big XII team to win a game this weekend? In short........yes probably.

Just got around to reading the thread because I wanted to see Dama's aneurysm over the last 2 minutes of the OU/OU game and saw this. I'm fairly convinced A&M can handle Army tonight during their Non-Conference Patsy 2006 Tour.

Edited to add: I was pulling for Oregon (lived in Oregon as a kid, went to Oregon football games) but those two review calls were total bullshit. I saw the pass being tipped when the play was going on and they can't see it on replay? Rediculous. And the onsides kick call was almsot as bad.

And, what's with the billet shoulders on the Oregon jerseys? Did they have to go to an aftermarket parts store for those, or are those stock from the factory?

When will it ever end? U of L finally puts an assbeating on a major program (Miami) and now I can't even celebrate it because Brohm is hurt. I heard he'll be out maybe 3-5 weeks, which might mean he'll be back in time for the WVU game but who knows.

Basically until then it's hold down the fort. I think we can beat Kansas St., Cincy, and Middle TN with Hunter Cantwell.

Guest Princess Leena
The thing that was stunning about the OU game to me was how they ran it with AD on the play before the field goal, and were barely able to get the spike off. That sequence was odd.

That's pussy coaching. Plain and simple.

I don't understand why so many coaches are content with their kicker attempting 40+ yard FG's to win games, and don't even try to gain some more yards.

I think the plan was for the Sooners to get the ball to the center of the field so that they could have a head on kick for the field goal.

Ok well I'm not going to complain about it anymore. Shit happens. In the end it'll keep us out of the national title game but it won't keep us out of the Big XII title game.

On top of that OU should've played defense on both of the last two drives and they should've taken a shot at the end zone before the field goal. You can't sleep on a quick strike offense.

It'd be hard to be proud of that victory if you were an Oregon fan but it's still a W.

And Leena's right. It was very pussy coaching. Something that's become synonymous with Stoops lately. Man used to have huge balls!

Peterson should still get the Heisman if he plays like this every week especially with Quinn out of the running.

And ESPN continues to refuse to mention the screwing. Mark May will probably go on about how the Ducks went and destroyed his hated Sooners.

Oh and if anything OU should move UP in the rankings a couple spots. They deserve it after that.

USC's offense is already going to work on Nebraska. Shocking.

Holy Fuck that looks nasty!

Just got back from Autzen Stadium and I'm still dizzy. That was the most crazy atmosphere I've ever been part of. I almost had a heart attack over the last two minutes of the game.

I haven't had a chance to see the replays and consider them objectively but I'm inclined to believe you guys since it's almost unanimous that the calls were BS and only Dama is a Sooners fan. Obviously nothing can be changed now but if that's what happens I'm a bit sorry to win the game that way. But a win is a win at the end of the day.

Man Texas Tech sure is better than OU. They're going to win the Big XII Iggy! Oh wait they just lost to TCU.......yeah OU lost to them last year but they'd eat TCU for lunch this year especially after what I saw today.

Wow USC scored. So shocked. Wait no I'm not.

TCU keeps Texas Tech to a mere 3 points? That's pretty damn impressive.

I shouldn't gloat since my team got embarrassed today, but NC State is down 10 to Southern Miss. Keep hope Alive, Chesty Chuck!