TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 9/14 - 9/16

I don't believe it. I don't feel bad about UT's loss at all.

Unlike last year, there isn't a sense of "they were the better team but blew it". They tried their hardest, no truly major mistakes were made(unless you count the roughing the passer on the int return for the TD that was called back, which really wasn't his fault), and I actually feel they played to their level.

I am dissappointed that they blew a double digit lead in the second half and got NOTHING going on the ground(which was mostly due to their starting RB being a member of UT's long injured list).

Maybe it'll hit me tomorrow, but at least I'm not acting like Dama about the loss.

Man, for lack of a running game. By the fourth quarter, it was obvious what kind of playcalling we'd have. No idea what Ainge was doing on that last pass. We had a chance if we could have just held them to a three and out, but nope. Both teams represented themselves very well other than Tennessee never finding a running game. I knew 17-7 was too narrow a lead to hold against an offense that had us guessing at least some of the time.

'sides, any SEC fan knows Georgia's going to take out Florida, and we'll beat Georgia. It's all good. The road to the SEC Championship game just has some bumps in it, that's all. It always does. We can't afford another conference loss though. Fortunately, no Auburn this year and we get LSU at home. For now, Marshall comes to town next week (FOUR STRAIGHT HOME GAMES = PAIN LATER), and this week is over. Move on.

... fuckin' Tae-Bo or whoever the fuck that freshman was that Florida brought in to run the same friggin' play with each time...

EDIT: Florida will climb to a spot it doesn't deserve (they're #7 at best), but Tennessee shouldn't fall further than #15.

Got my new Top 25 done. Quite a few changes this week.

(Last week's ranking in parenthesis.)

1. Ohio State 3-0 (1)

2. USC 2-0 (3)

3. Michigan 3-0 (8)

4. Florida 3-0 (6)

5. Auburn 3-0 (7)

6. LSU 2-1 (2)

7. Louisville 3-0 (11)

8. West Virginia (5)

9. Georgia 3-0 (16)

10. Texas 2-1 (13)

11. Oregon 3-0 (14)

12. Tennessee 2-1 (9)

13. Clemson 2-1 (24)

14. Virginia Tech 3-0 (18)

15. Notre Dame 2-1 (4)

16. Boise State 3-0 (12)

17. Oklahoma 2-1 (20)

18. Boston College 3-0 (NR)

19. TCU 3-0 (NR)

20. Florida State 2-1 (10)

21. Iowa 3-0 (NR)

22. Georgia Tech 2-1 (19)

23. Nebraska 2-1 (21)

24. Arizona State 3-0 (22)

25. Michigan State 3-0 (NR)

Close: Cal, Texas Tech, Missouri

Surprising score of the week: Michigan State working Pitt pretty hard. I did not expect Michigan State to actually beat a team they're evenly matched with, since they always play well against top teams and lousy against everyone else.

Yeah I was as surprised as you. Sitting in a bar in Philly listenting to Pitt fans yell and scream at the TV made for a great game though :)

CP! welcome back, man!

Hey Hey!

Yeah, I don't know about Auburn as low as 5, Iggy. They went up against the best defense they're going to face all year and won, and also showed that their defense is one of the most impregnable in the nation. I think LSU is about as good as you think they are, and that they're Auburn's toughest opponent all year. Beating your toughest opponent in September is cause for applause. I certainly wouldn't have Auburn behind UF and Michigan at this stage. Maybe behind USC, but I'm more impressed with what I've seen from Auburn so far.

Florida looked really good but Leak threw too many errant passes and still bungled too many Urban Meyer offensive calls. I was impressed with the way Michigan worked ND but I want a little more consistency out of them, since I was unimpressed with their play before this week.

Guest Princess Leena

Why does WVU fall to #8. They defeated their ACC opponent in the 1st quarter.

Guest Princess Leena

More bitching about iggy's rankings:

Why does Texas go way ahead of Boise St. Texas beat Rice. They don't count. Boise beat a decent Wyoming team on the road.

Maybe it'll hit me tomorrow, but at least I'm not acting like Dama about the loss.

Such a troll.

At least you let OU move up in your rankings(though they never should've been that low because they will win the big xii or at the very least finish #2) and I hope the pollsters recognize it that way too.

After watching A&M struggle my claim that the Big XII is ass is confirmed. Bad year all around.

KSU, A&M, Mizzou, and Oklahoma f'n State are the only undefeated teams in this conference!? CRAZY! Bizarro world.

Mark May actually said OU was screwed......I'm shocked.

Oh well I wrote my sporting news blog about how it's OU's fault anyway because you still have to stop them after the bad calls! You can't stand around going "We got screwed!"

Why does Texas go way ahead of Boise St. Texas beat Rice. They don't count. Boise beat a decent Wyoming team on the road.

Because Texas is better than Boise State.......duh.

KSU, A&M, Mizzou, and Oklahoma f'n State are the only undefeated teams in this conference!? CRAZY! Bizarro world.

The local sports talk guys think is Mizzou's potential breakout year... I'm not holding my breath on that one

Wow Chris Fowler just made a fan out of me. He ripped the Pac 10 officiating and instant replay. Good job Chris. He did't have to yell or anything. The way he said it just made it sound scathing and harsh.

Oh, and I'd probably have WVU above Louisville as well. I think Louisville is the better team with Brohm, but for the next few weeks they're Louisville without Brohm and I'll rank them accordingly. I recall Hunter Cantwell being good enough, but they'll need Brohm to really be a contender, especially with Bush hurt too. WVU needs to avoid the bonehead penalties, but I think that's a fairly easy fix and certainly a smaller question than the questions a lot of other teams have.

Dama, I think OU was lower because Iggy's ranking teams on how good they appear to be now, not where they'll finish or what record they'll end up having. OU seemed and seems about right to me.

Teams for whom the jury is still out considerably: Texas, Virginia Tech, Georgia (though they did well blanking South Carolina), Iowa...I think they'll all be good teams, but I'm not sure who among them has the chance to be an 11-1 good team vs. a 9-3 good team. You could file Oregon in here too.

Yeah but the AP has them in a better ranking because 15 was about right. Now 12 or 13 should be about right for them. They'll finish in the top 10. No doubt.

And no helmet sticker for AD? Boo.

The local sports talk guys think is Mizzou's potential breakout year... I'm not holding my breath on that one

It seems like Mizzou's "breakout year" is supposed to happen every 3 or 4 years. Or during Brad Smith's entire career there.

I can't believe nobody else has mentioned the horrible and shitty gameplan by Callahan. Or do you guys just expect that from him and I was fooled by last season and thought he'd changed?

Herbstreit said it best. It was confusing and it didn't look like Nebraska even wanted to win!

Guest Princess Leena

Because Texas is better than Boise State.......duh.

He had Boise ahead of Texas last week.

What happened this week to change anything.

1. Ohio State

2. USC

3. Auburn

4. Michigan

5. Florida

6. West Virginia

The teams above are separated from the rest of the pack. After all, that was the whole point of the weekend.

7. Louisville

8. Georgia

9. LSU

10. Oregon

That's my top 10. Texas is right after Oregon. I'm sold on Oregon being a top 10 team, they beat Oklahoma (shitty or not, they did) who I thought was an underrated team. Doing a top 25 at this point is near impossible. I'm sure that Boise or TCU are going to make it to the BCS.

I'd like to put the UT-UF rivalry aside for a minute and give props to Justin Harrell for playing tonight. It was truly amazing to even see him play considering how serious his injury was. Hats off to him.

That Nebraska game was just ugly. Callahan really is an idiot.

And Dama, OU looked good today, but there is no way they are a top 10 team at any point this season.

That Nebraska game was just ugly. Callahan really is an idiot.

And Dama, OU looked good today, but there is no way they are a top 10 team at any point this season.

If they win the Big XII(which they most likely will IF they beat Texas) then they will be a Top 10 team. That simple.

Yes if that happens they will be a top 10 team.

But, if you actually think that will happen, you live in a fantasy world.

I just want to point out how right I've been about how good Michigan could be this year. Notre Dame finally got brought back down to earth as being an 9-3 team, and I expect them to lose next week at MSU as well