TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

In the US, they did a test run in Hawaii, but opted against doing it in the rest of the US.

$50 of trade ins. Ha! That's well over $100 in real value.

BTW, like to correct something about that EB Games thing. Maybe its only Canada, but that $50 deposit is TRADE INS. It is NOT for cash value. If you wish to pay in cash, you need to pay $200. Trade in gets you $50. And EB Games is only doing 15 per store pre-orders.

Again, I say maybe this is only Canada, but considering whatever one does, the other does concerning large retail stores, I'll take it as both countries doing it.

Here is the bit for Canadian pre-orders that I got in the EB/GameStop email:

wiipreemailcaenggh6.jpg

$200 up front is fine with me. I'd rather pay in entirely, up-front, anyway.

I'm pretty much the same way. I would prefer to have my pre-orders all paid off so I don't have to get the rest of the money within a day or two.

Well, if I could fully pay for one I would. But I can only right now afford to pay for $50.

...sadly though, this won't mean jack as there was no f'n way I'm standing outside in the freezing cold trying to make a pre-order that there are only 15 per store. I'll take my chances trying to buy at launch day.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Toys "R" Us start preorders on Sunday, October 29th. The same day their Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal ends.

Im wondering how many Best Buy will get..last year there might have only been like 15 people standing outside for a 360 there here (they didnt even have that many) and Im guessing there wont be as many people standing outside in the cold for a W!!..could be fun.

Which brings me to this question: maybe I missed it somewhere down the road, but how do you pronounce the system's name? Is it Wee or Wie?

Yea cause when you play it, you will have so much fun, and say "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Yes that's what Nintendo was thinking.

No it's not. They wanted to call it "wee" because they feel its going to be a system for all ages, a system we all can use.

And its a simple sound, unlike playstation.

Which, in Japanese syllables, must be something like Pu-ray-stay-shu-nu...

Wii is wiii is wii.

Yea cause when you play it, you will have so much fun, and say "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Hey! Hey you. 8 months ago called, it wants its 'making fun of the Wii's name' back.

That's right, I went there.

You would have so much fun that you would literally piss your pants.

So..the back of the box shots showing that a "Startup disc" is included has everyone guessing what the startup disc is...

I was thinking it was the included Sports game..

No, Wii Sports is listed separately.

I suspect it's either a) software for your computer, b) the free Opera browser early adopters get, which will be pulled after the deal is up, or c) some sort of utility for the Wii itself, like a restore disk or software updater.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

If you buy 3 Wii launch titles on November 19th at Target, you get a $20 gift card. Offer is only available on launch day.

wiipamphlet1.jpg

I'm thinking of getting Metal Slug Anthology, Excite Truck, and Red Steel.

thats a lot of money to spend for just a 20 dollar gift card.

Wii = 250 (without tax)

3 games = 150 (assuming their all 49.99, without taxes)

Memory Card = something over 25.00 I think?

so thats an estimate of $425.00 then with the gift card you get basically 20 bucks off. So your spending something past 400 with taxes. Not worth it.

If you're buying the games anyway, it's a good deal.

However, you don't need to buy a Nintendo memory card. It has 512 MB on board to go, and apparently can save to standard SD Compact Flash.