TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
thats a lot of money to spend for just a 20 dollar gift card.

Wii = 250 (without tax)

3 games = 150 (assuming their all 49.99, without taxes)

Memory Card = something over 25.00 I think?

so thats an estimate of $425.00 then with the gift card you get basically 20 bucks off. So your spending something past 400 with taxes. Not worth it.

I was already planning on spending over $400 at launch anyway.

Wii, Wii Sports, Remote, and Nunchuck Controller: $250.

Extra Remote and Nunchuck Controller: $60.

Metal Slug Anthology: $50.

Red Steel: $50.

USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter: $15.

Total (plus tax, minus Target REDcard - 10% discount): $405.

I don't need a Memory Card. So with the Target sale, I basically get an extra fourth game (Excite Truck) for $30.

Plus the Target Wii gift card motherfucking glows:

149051257093_290.jpg149051218053_290.jpg

Why does a gift card fucking glow.

Target always has unique gift cards.

My local GameStop was creating a section for Wii games today. They had all the empty cases for Wii games and display shit set up. They were also creating a slightly larger section for PS3 games, but I didn't see any PS3 game cases.

NOTE: The following isn't meant to be a bash of the PS3 or anything like that. I just found it all funny. I'm not even going to say anything really. Instead, I'll just ask a simple question:

Which of the following experiences looks to be the most fun, especially to a casual gamer?

The Wii Experience

The PS3 Experience

The PS3 experience looks like the same old same old, boring as hell. Gimmicy or not, the Wii is where it's at for me (former hardcore gamer turned casual).

NOTE: The following isn't meant to be a bash of the PS3 or anything like that. I just found it all funny. I'm not even going to say anything really. Instead, I'll just ask a simple question:

Which of the following experiences looks to be the most fun, especially to a casual gamer?

The PS3.

They're playing an EA sports game!

Guest Princess Leena
Im worried I dont have enough room in front of my tv...uh oh.

I was just thinking that could be a problem for me also, since my room is rather small. :(

And I'm gonna be playing Wii Tennis all hardcore, and shit.

The Wii Experience

The PS3 Experience

Yes, I'm shocked Wii vids from an official Nintendo site look more "fun" than an amateurish vid of people playing a sports game on PS3.

The PS3.

They're playing an EA sports game!

On a standard controller, sitting on their asses. They're not playing it in a *new and innovative* way!

J/king. The Wii will (and needs to) take on a life of its own once experienced. So get the kiosks out there Nintendo, and let's see what you have to offer. And as much as I'll buy and play the hell out of it, Zelda is not the way to do it.

Besides, these are all Japanese people playing. This whole "casual gamer" allegation isn't really correct. Remember, Nintendo isn't after casual gamers or necessarily hardcore gamers. They're after the Brain Age gamers.

They want your mom, Downhome, and if you come along so be it. It's expected they have the Nintendo faithful already.

I can't help but notice the LCD widescreen TV in that living room. I wonder if these people jumped through all the hoops necessary to get the Wii component cables.

Viewing those videos, the Wii gimmick seems pretty silly, truth be told. I'm also skeptical about how well it will really perform in some of these sports games. I'm thinking there won't be much control over what's actually going on. And by that I mean the margin for error will be so large that it wont matter what you do, unless you're making a completely different move than is required. The only games I'm interesting in playing with that remote are first person shooters, where aim is the issue, and the controller could provide a neat experience. But even still, the PC is still the primary place I'd want to play FPS games.

As for PS3 vs. Wii, I'd rather play, you know, good video games. If I want to golf, I'll go to the golf course where I'm actually playing golf and I have total control over what's going on. If I want to hit baseballs, I'll go to the batting cage. If I want to play the video game version of golf and baseball, I want to play the video game version of it, not imitate the sport in a pauper's version of the "real thing". But anyway, if one system has better games than the other, that's the superior system in my eyes. I'll certainly be getting both systems, mostly likely the Wii first, but the overhype and condescension regarding the Wii is really getting old.

Like I said--play it first. We know how PS3 plays. Just like the PS2. Which played just like PS1 did with the dual shock.

The SIXAXIS motion control won't be a factor for a long time.

However, if I get you correctly, you'd be a lot happier over the Wii save for a lot of the overbearing fans, which is understandable. The PS3 likewise would be a lot nicer if Sony themselves didn't say something stupid/pompous/incorrect/blatant lie 3 times a week every week for the past year and a half.

However, if I get you correctly, you'd be a lot happier over the Wii save for a lot of the overbearing fans, which is understandable. The PS3 likewise would be a lot nicer if Sony themselves didn't say something stupid/pompous/incorrect/blatant lie 3 times a week every week for the past year and a half.

Both statements definitely apply, although my biggest gripe with both consoles is the software. The PS3 problems are quite a bit more of a downer than the Wii though, and the only thing that keeps me from being completely negative toward the PS3 is the knowledge that some great looking games have already been announced, along with the expectations that some the other PS2 series' will be making their way to the PS3.

So anyway, what's the final word on the Gamecube version of the new Zelda game? I've heard it's only going to be sold online from Nintendo, but the newsbit I read only mentioned Japan. Will the game be available in stores in North America, or will it be online only like in Japan?

PS3 graphics looks just as good as the 360s.

I thought the PS3 was the TRUE next generation.

The PS3 has more potential, if that counts for anything. It's the game developers who have to get the full potential out of any hardware, and that may not happen for 3-4 years.

PS3 graphics looks just as good as the 360s.

I thought the PS3 was the TRUE next generation.

PS3 1st gen graphics =ing 360 2nd gen doesn't really mean much either way.

Especially when so few of these games are PS3 exclusive.

Xbox being the undisputedly superior HW powerwise didn't make it the #1 console, either.

Both statements definitely apply, although my biggest gripe with both consoles is the software. The PS3 problems are quite a bit more of a downer than the Wii though, and the only thing that keeps me from being completely negative toward the PS3 is the knowledge that some great looking games have already been announced, along with the expectations that some the other PS2 series' will be making their way to the PS3.

So anyway, what's the final word on the Gamecube version of the new Zelda game? I've heard it's only going to be sold online from Nintendo, but the newsbit I read only mentioned Japan. Will the game be available in stores in North America, or will it be online only like in Japan?

Well, as I mentioned--Wii is not really going to give you all those high-powered franchises like xbox 360 and ps3 will do so well. That is the biggest downer for me. I need to decide what system I'll play Assassin's Creed on. Wii60 is looking like an attractive option at this point.

But I don't have to choose until Ubi's fiscal 2007 (game's been pushed back).

Gamecube Twilight Princess is coming to US brick and mortar stores. Joystiq posted a story on OMFGREMOVEDFROM EBGAMESTOPINVENTORY that put it in doubt. However, that's because preorders are no longer being accepted, plus Joystiq is stupid.

Good to hear about TP, although it just pushed my Wii purchase back by a few months, hehe.

Even if Nintendo is lacking the PS2/3 franchises, I hope they have a bunch of exclusive RPGs this time around, even if they're low-key releases. Stuff like Baten Kaitos for example, which was a Gamecube exclusive RPG, and quite fun. There just weren't enough titles like that. Nintendo should get NIS to make some games for them ;)

The 360 and PS3 are powerful in different ways, and some games will look better on one machine while other games will look better on the other. Don't get too caught up over such petty bs like that.

Besides, these are all Japanese people playing. This whole "casual gamer" allegation isn't really correct. Remember, Nintendo isn't after casual gamers or necessarily hardcore gamers. They're after the Brain Age gamers.

Dude, did you watch the videos? They're not just Japanese people testing out the system...

Guest Princess Leena
Viewing those videos, the Wii gimmick seems pretty silly, truth be told. I'm also skeptical about how well it will really perform in some of these sports games. I'm thinking there won't be much control over what's actually going on. And by that I mean the margin for error will be so large that it wont matter what you do, unless you're making a completely different move than is required.

Same for me. I'm very skeptical how well these devices will work. Which is why I'm waiting for some reviews before buying at launch.

I dunno, I have fair faith in Nintendo, who has done well with the first analog stick as well as the DS.

I, generally, don't buy launch systems anyways. And I wouldn't expect that much detail from Wii Sports. Its a hodgepodge of eight (?) games. If such a game was released for the PS3 you wouldn't expect it compete with a focused title...

Are you guys looking out for Wii kiosks? I was under the impression that they'd be in stores this week, but no such luck thus far.

I have Wii news!!!! Toys R (I can't do the backwards R) Us is taking pre-orders on Sunday! This sunday!!!! I'm going to toys r us early Sunday morning!!!! The rumor is that stores will only be getting 12 to 15 pre-ordered consoles, but hey its another chance to pre-order the Wii! *woot!*

Plus there's another rumor saying that toys r us will be taking PS3 pre-orders on the same day.

stood in line from 7 am to 9:30 when the TRU opened early. Was told by "a manager" they had 12 W!!s and I was like #15 in line (of which, there were 2 women mixed in standing in line for the stupid Tickle Me Elmo) so I figured I was good, but ended up I guess they either didn't have 12 or they allowed more than 1 per person cause about 3 people ahead of me I heard the guy handing out tickets yell "NO MORE WII!"