TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

12? That's lame. What happened to the millions of units that were being shipped for launch?

I have no idea. I see some places got as many as 20 and others as few as 8. They did have 6 PS3s, but they were all gone from the front 6 people.

And to schedule this on the same day as the damn Tickle Me Elmo was just hillarious.

I might end up waiting to get a W!!..I dont want to camp out for one really..

You all are better off missing this first run.

If any of the cords catch on fire and burn your house down,it'll be these first run units...

Guest Princess Leena

But, it gives you another good excuse...

Eric, nothing like that will happen.

Another good exuse for what? And I have no worries about hardware problems from a Nintendo produced console.

Another good exuse for what? And I have no worries about hardware problems from a Nintendo produced console.

Except for the NES cart slots, and the Gamecube DRE, and the rare DS dead pixels (which most stores seem to cut their losses on by using them as display units)...

Nintendo is more nice about replacing/repairing them, though.

And the warranty on the Nintendo is 1 year, not 90 days.

Most of the Wiis will go to the big box retailers, supposedly. Plus, probably more Wiis will be shipped than the preorder estimates would indicate.

I pretty sure she meant an excuse to not hang out with the female kind.

Oh..Im surprised shed think Id choose camping for a W!! over going out with a girl..

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
General Wii stuff:

- CNN has signed up with Nintendo as the provider of news content on tne News Channel in American and Japan. News will be presented by category, but another way of getting to it is by spinning the weather globe to find stories in different countries.

- Sega has moved a significant number of development staff from PS3 to Wii over the Summer.

- Although Nintendo has removed DVD movie playback from the Wii, it plans to launch in Japan next year an enhanced Wii capable of such a feature.

- Nintendo intended to bring Wii to shop shelves in the UK and US for £150 and $200, but became influenced by pressure from the larger retail chains, which raised concerns over margins and low so-called "basket value" (ie, the amount of revenue generated from a customer's overall purchases at the till).

- There are plenty of Wii Channel slots remaining to be filled.

- Edge says that Wii Sports will be to Wii what Mario 64 was to the N64. Says golf has the best single player mode and boxing is their favourite overall.

I'm not saying these things WILL happen, Leena , I'm saying they have happened, and I suppose, COULD happen.

I just generally wait a few months for more games to drop anyways, and, like I said in another thread, a new Final Fantasy is coming out in two days. I mean, come on! Zelda can wait until I can get a system without camping out...

I headed out to a near by toy's R us around noon. I tried to get up at 7 but after working 4 shows (2 wrestling shows and 2 Rocky Horror's) in the past 2 days, I was to sleepy to get up. When I got there I was told that the Wii pre-orders were gone by the first half hour of the store opening (opened at 10). I asked how many pre-orders they had and was told they had 22 pre-orders. I asked if the store would have any extra that are not pre-orders, I was told they would but had no idea how many they would have.

So on the 19th it looks like I'm shopping around. Luckily in a near by city, Best Buy, Frys, Target, Toys R Us, 2 gamestops, EB, and a Big K-mart are all in a 10 minute driving distance of each other so I know what I'm going to do on the morning of the 19th. If I can't camp out somewhere. I have to do Rocky Horror on the 18th and won't be done till about 4 in the morning, and I'm guessing the camp out lines are going to be long by 4 or 5 in the morning of the 19th.....and hopefully it doesn't rain.

So is the Wii channel stuff going to be like tv sponsered channels? I'm confused by the whole channel thing.

Oh..Im surprised shed think Id choose camping for a W!! over going out with a girl..

Marvin, why do you keep calling it "W!!"? Is it because the "i"'s look like exclamation marks? All lowercase "i"'s look like that, Marvin. Should I call you Marv!n!saLunat!c?

Marvin enjoys calling things names that entertain him and annoy ever other human being (see: WWE). I pointed this out in a Marvin Costume Contest but it did not go over.

its just W!! and WWE..what the hell is the big deal? You know what I mean.

Well those are the two examples that I know of... who knows what crazy terms you use on the Windows Live or AIM or whatever the kids use now. I don't have a big deal, just some friendly ribbing. You're ok, player.

I'm already asking for a Manaic Manson for the Virtual Console channel.

Marvin enjoys calling things names that entertain him and annoy ever other human being (see: WWE). I pointed this out in a Marvin Costume Contest but it did not go over.

You explained the "WWE" deal, (still retarded though), what's with the "W!!" shit?

It's not a huge deal..it's just annoying as fuck. It's not even like you are abbreviating, you're changing things for no reason.

Why do you always protect "Marvin", "dubQ"? What are you hiding.

Who cares? Just ignore it. If it annoys you THAT much then you probably need some sort of therapy or anger management classes.

!t5 k!nda hard t0 ju5t !gn0r3 !t..

But back on topic..20 days til the Wii..I can't wait.

Why do you always protect "Marvin", "dubQ"? What are you hiding.

I'm not protecting him HBST, I just think it's such an asinine thing to complain about.

!t5 k!nda hard t0 ju5t !gn0r3 !t..

You're really reaching with that one, buddy. Besides, you can always "Ignore User"

Anyway...

I'm looking forward to the Sonic game for Wii. I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 1 in the action stages where you played as Sonic, but the hub shit didn't do anything for me. SA2 was great when you were playing as Sonic, but the Tails stages were nothing special and I hated the Knuckles stages. Sonic Heroes was OK but I didn't like the whole thing with the three characters being banded together. The one for PS3 has great graphics but I'm leaning towards the Wii version because I'm pretty sure I heard something about it being the "first Sonic game where you're in total control" (i.ei. no more "rollercoaster" sequences like the whale chase in SA1).

Talk right now is that right before launch, Nintendo is going to let us all in on a surprise about the Wii that no one knows about yet. The word is that it's either that they are also going to have Wiiplay as a pack-in game also, or they'll include two complete controllers with the system. As of right now, the two controllers theory is seeming the most likely.