TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Our opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives tommorow.

This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when the Wii Bundle becomes available for purchase online. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling.

Our opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives tommorow.

This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when the Wii Bundle becomes available for purchase online. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling.

$699? Good God, fuck that.

An updated list for Virtual Console

Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

An updated list for Virtual Console

Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone) Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)

Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)

Awesome!!!

Rather strange we aren't getting Super Mario World yet, though.

My local Target has begun hocking the more worthless of the Wii accessories--controller gloves, dog tags, and a system case. They also have the light-up gift cards and an Activision trailer DVD.

Is there any way to get the Wii online without a wireless router?

If you have a DS USB dongle, that will work.

You can also use a USB ethernet kit. Oddly there isn't an ethernet port on the Wii.

So I have to buy a dongle.....ok who else giggled?

It's just a promotional thing that I'm sure Activision gave Target for free to prmote the new Tony Hawk and Marvel games for Wii. It only costs 1 cent.

Guest Smues

I guess gamestop.com had a $700 Wii bundle pre-order go up tonight and sell out in like 20 minutes. So sick of these bundles. System + extra controller + 1-2 games is completely reasonable, but 450$ of extra stuff? Eat me gamestop. (and unlike the Walmart pre-order for this one you couldn't pick which games. Here's what was in it:

Nintendo Wii Console (includes 1 remote controller, 1 nunchuck, cables, sensor bar, console stand, and Wii Sports game)

Wii Memory SD 1GB

Additional Wii Remote Controller

6 Games:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Red Steel

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Madden NFL 2007

12 Month Product Replacement Plan

Game Informer Gift Subscription

$694.88 plus tax and handling

What's really amazing is they still managed to sell that bundle. I can't wait to see the PS3 bundles.

Sega makes a mediocre game. Will wonders never cease?

Some bad news for Virual Console: Rumble won't be supported in the N64 titles, regardless of what controller you use. For most games that's no biggie--but I'll stick to any one of my other 4 versions of Ocarina of Time, thank you.

I saw the post on Joystiq about there being a 3rd party wireless sensor bar available cause the cable is awful short..but the logical thing would just to be to make/buy a cable extension lol..

and the pics they have up of them unboxing it..I swear it sorta kinda looks like an NES.

Nice to see Nintendo still hasn't learned about not using lame-ass ads to hype their games. That one for Red Steel that was on the TUF finale tonight was pathetic; it certainly doesn't make the Wii look "cool".

Nice to see Nintendo still hasn't learned about not using lame-ass ads to hype their games. That one for Red Steel that was on the TUF finale tonight was pathetic; it certainly doesn't make the Wii look "cool".

The commercial made more sense then the surreal PS3 ones.

Last night I realized that, as a student at the University of Alabama, I'll have the Alabama/Auburn game the day before the 19th. I can't decide if that's good or bad. On one hand, it's extra traffic and extra bodies, but on the other, maybe everyone will be too hungover to go out and get a Wii. Of course, I'll be hungover, too, but I have dedication.

Some blogger from Joystiq is disappointed with Twilight Princess.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/11/nintendo...lda-falls-flat/

Why? Because the color palette has too many browns. And even worse, to read road signs, you have to go up to them and click a button, at which time the contents of the sign will come up in a text box. In Oblivion, the text is rendered right on the sign! Clearly this proves the technological inferiority of Wii! (To be fair, I kind of agree with this point. It would be a bit easier if the signs were clearer and you could read them from afar. But to paint this as a strike against the Wii hardware is kind of stupid. I'm sure that Wii, as well as PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube, could very easily render a legible "road sign". And this is a hell of a petty thing to pick on.)

In response, here's a rebuttal from another Joystiq blogger:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/12/nintendo...esnt-fall-flat/

That's just silly. Especially the implication that games that are one generation apart can't be compared. The Wii is a slightly improved Gamecube, and that's why it's so cheap. It's no secret, so I don't get the point of the original article. Maybe to educate fanboys who don't realize that, I don't know.

Some blogger from Joystiq is disappointed with Twilight Princess.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/11/nintendo...lda-falls-flat/

Why? Because the color palette has too many browns. And even worse, to read road signs, you have to go up to them and click a button, at which time the contents of the sign will come up in a text box. In Oblivion, the text is rendered right on the sign! Clearly this proves the technological inferiority of Wii! (To be fair, I kind of agree with this point. It would be a bit easier if the signs were clearer and you could read them from afar. But to paint this as a strike against the Wii hardware is kind of stupid. I'm sure that Wii, as well as PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube, could very easily render a legible "road sign". And this is a hell of a petty thing to pick on.)

In response, here's a rebuttal from another Joystiq blogger:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/12/nintendo...esnt-fall-flat/

I read the first and agreed with the points at this point in video gaming the graphics are so good that being immersed in a game is more important than ever. Little things like not having to click signs and such go a long way, think of watching a movie, those moments where you go "That's bullshit!" detatch you from the movie and once that happens it's hard to get the viewer back.

I don't understand why they didnt just implement the nun-chuck controls on the Gamecube, at this stage in the game there's no excuse to lack in the graphics department. Good graphics add to gameplay when used right.

Oh and the second guy came off as a total tool, btw.

I think the first guy is a fucking moron if that's his complaint. He might as well write that he's pissed off because the Wii didn't suck his cock dry right out of the package.

Like someone on GAF recently said, Joystiq is quickly becoming GameFAQs in blog form.

The signposts are all completely legible and readable - if you can read Hylian that is.

I wonder if the signpost text was flipped as well with the rest of the game...?

I'd say it would be best to ask a Japanese gamer who could read the Hylian. I know they're out there.