TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

they are releasing the full browser in march and it will be free till June. After that is going to cost 500 bucks. And it doesnt get better than watching anime videos from bed.

I'm assuming he means 500 points.

And I couldn't get the period to work up there when I was posting on the Wii. It'd always assume I'd want to put down a URL and finish it off as .us or something.

Yeah i meant 500 points, I was also posting from my wii.

Guest Princess Leena

Has keyboard support been added for the Wii yet? All they have to do is add some freaking drivers... ugh.

Browsing on your TV is very cool, btw. It's fun to do on my XBox and DC. But, they both lack many advantages. I hope the Wii is great with this.

Watching Youtube videos on fullscreen on your tv is nice.... Remember this is still Beta so hopefully theyll listen to us and change it up a bit.

Guest Smues

I downloaded the browser this morning before I headed to work. Pretty damn cool and indeed being able to use Youtube is awesome. Sadly I couldn't get YTMND's to work :(

You can turn off predictive text input if you want the period to work, just click the triangle that looks kind of like an eject key.

Have you tried checking out TSM on the Wii yet and how do you type?

I rented Dragonball Z tonight...i'll try it later and let you guys know how it is.

I rented Dragonball Z tonight...i'll try it later and let you guys know how it is.

Definately let us know how it is... I know my personal gods Adam and Morgan from Xplay gave it a pretty positive review.

Definately let us know how it is... I know my personal gods Adam and Morgan from Xplay gave it a pretty positive review.

I did some of the training last night and I finished the training and did some gameplay this morning. The game is fun and its quite intresting, to actually pull off a fighters speicality move you actually have to basicaly do the motions a fighter would make to make that beam or something to appear. Its also a bit hard to pull off a move as well if you don't know it very well.

I do recommand DBZ fans trying it out when they get a chance. I'm actually thinking about buying it.

Played the system for the first time at a get-together last night. I managed to win a 9-hole game of golf against three people who had played before, and now want a Wii more than ever. I hate being broke.

I wanted to rent DBZ even though I hated the first game and most DBZ games, mainly because of the control scheme. *Finally* a place got in Wii games to rent and all the DBZs were rented out.

Oddly, my Hollywood Video, while it doesn't have Wii games, it does have PS3 games.

And there's a full rack of them sitting there, not a single one being rented, right before a holiday weekend, of all things. Brilliant idea to not rent stock Wii games yet, but instead stocking games for a system maybe 5 people in the county own.

I ended up renting Splinter Cell DA. Icould give my impressions once I have some good sitdown time with it (i.e. when I have my fill of Zelda for a full day).

Guest Smues

So I bring my Wii with me back home for Christmas to show my family. I have to wait a day on my luggage, which contains the games. It finally shows up, and I discover that Wii Sports must be sitting in front of my TV back in my apartment :angry: Damn game having a cardboard case and not a real one.

Got my Wii Component cables from Nintendo. I'll be renting Call of Duty 3 again to see if the cables can improve upon the horrible visuals. And I really dig the gameplay. I'm switching the Wii and Xbox cables back and forth because my tv's only got two component inputs (my Xbox 360 is permanently occupying the other) because I can't enjoy MVP Baseball on the Xbox in standard definition. It's hideous and unplayable. Nintendo actually sent me 2 of them. I was thinking of selling one on Ebay, but there's a huge abundance of them on there as it is.

I'd be interested in snagging the extra set from you if you'd like.

Guest Princess Leena
Anyone know when the next big Wii shipment will be out?

29th, supposedly.

But, I think after Christmas, it will be first come first serve whenever the heck stores get them.

me and a few of my friends are playing Wii sports at the moment, and we're having a blast.

The first game was bowling, my friend came up from behind and beat us.

The second game was 3 holes of golf, I won this one after landing a eagle on the 3rd hole.

and now the third game is bowling...its about to be the 7th frame and looks like i'm winning at the moment.

Supposedly Best Buy will have some tomorrow morning, but I don't think I can wake up that damn early and it should be super crazy being the day before Christmas, and the lady I talked with didn't even seem sure anything was coming in.

Supposedly Best Buy will have some tomorrow morning, but I don't think I can wake up that damn early and it should be super crazy being the day before Christmas, and the lady I talked with didn't even seem sure anything was coming in.

My advice is to talk to a manager about Wii's coming in. They'll have more information on it than a regular cleark or teller would.

My advice is to talk to a manager about Wii's coming in. They'll have more information on it than a regular cleark or teller would.

I didn't een bother anyway. Gamespot has advertised Wii for the 26th but there probably won't be enough to go out and try for it.

Guest Smues

Just played Rayman: Raving Rabbids for the first time. All I can say is wow, that's one wierd game. It's great, but damn is it wierd. My family couldn't stop laughing while watching it. I think "keep them in the toilet" mini-game got the hardest laughs. The whole game is really addicting too and I'm guessing multiplayer is just as fun. I gotta say the Wii probably has the best overall quality of launch titles since....the Super Nintendo? Ever?

Edit: and yes I know Rayman is a port, but damn if it isn't a good one, and the use of the Wii controls is really creative.

Rayman isn't a port, it's completely original and developed from the ground-up for Wii. Other systems happen to get versions that are going to use buttons instead--not as interesting.

Finally we got a VC update that is worthwhile, but NOA is patting themselves on the back like it's a "gift" or a "treat." Honestly, check the Nintendo site:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articl...4PvOL&page=

Gee, golly, willikers, like it's a big deal that VC *finally* has a game that should have been a day 1 download. Yet they threw Mario Bros. on there instead, as a shameless attempt to trick people who don't know the difference into wasting Wii Points on it.

And what is this 800 points for R-Type bullshit? Flat rate for each console I don't mind when the games are worth it. However, if you're going to scale the price *up* for a game percieved to be a higher value, what the fizuck is up for 800 points Altered Beast?

And January 1 is Urban Champion? What a joke.

Guest Smues

I don't get all the Altered Beast hate. That game owned. And yeah 800 points for R-Type sucks, but it's probably worth it. R-Type, Castlevania 4, and Toe Jam and Earl, after my Wii is back in my apartment with my internet connection I'm going to need to purchase more Wii points :(