TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1173116238

In summary, new info on the Smash Bros. Brawl roster.

IN:

Wind Waker Link

Bowser Jr.

Ridley

OUT:

Mr. Game and Watch

Ice Climbers

Young Link

Hate to make this my first post, but before anybody gets too excited, this info hasn't been confirmed. It seems to be one of the cases of EGM's shoddy reporting and everybody believing them.

There's a bunch of new videos from Super Paper Mario up over at www.gamevideos.com. Looks ridiculously fun. I loved the first two Paper Mario games and eagerly await to experience first-hand the new direction they've taken the series in.

okay, despite STILL not owning a Wii ( :( ), having just seen all the stuff concerning PS3's 'Home' deal, it got me a-thinkin... did Nintendo's Mii Plaza just totally get trashed? I would seriously love some sort of real Mii environment like this Home idea. But how likely is that??

okay, despite STILL not owning a Wii ( :( ), having just seen all the stuff concerning PS3's 'Home' deal, it got me a-thinkin... did Nintendo's Mii Plaza just totally get trashed? I would seriously love some sort of real Mii environment like this Home idea. But how likely is that??

The sony guy said something like "Home is unlike any other thing available on any other console today" and I took it as a shot at Nintendo.

IT looked stupid though. OOH..let me spend money on a virtual couch so my virtual ass can sit on it in virtual land. YES! Its always what Ive dreamed of doing. And its gonna be virtual leather because my virtual ass isn't sittin on any cheap virtual microfiber blend crap.

oh I agree, but in terms of sheer interactability (ooh I'm sure that's not a word) it would be great if Miis could all just hang out, join games together, etc.. I really doubt anyone really NEEDS OMG VIRTUAL APARTMENT

...although you know that's gonna have people by the system just for that very reason. ehh.

Guest Queen Leelee

Sony finally did something to stand out...

Not that I care about some virtual home, or whatever.

Also, you'd have to spend to get many items... fuck a bunch of that. But, you know Sony will milk a bunch of saps with this. Good on them.

Sony finally did something to stand out...

They ported MTV's online Laguna Beach game ;)

EDIT:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/gdc_ni...dos_k.html#more

"Kick his rear end and take his name!" someone shouted from a few rows behind me.

"Who?" answered Reggie in mid-autograph.

"Phil Harrison, front row!" Sure enough, there was Phil Harrison, seated dead center, front row. Looks like he could show up on time for Nintendoâ„¢s keynote, but not Sonyâ„¢s.

With a grin and a chuckle, Reggie replies, "Some would say we've already done that."

Touchdown. The crowd goes wild.

Electronic Gaming Monthly

As for Tiger's mechanics, arthritics beware. If my backswing was jittery, I swung before I intended to--which is frustrating, as the maddening result is a dink instead of a dive. [Apr 2007, p.83]

NGamer UK

No matter how well-crafted these features are, they all boil down to gameplay based on a swinging club - the one thing the game can't do. To misquote Twain: "PGA Tour 07 is a good franchise spoilt." [Apr 2007, p.46]

Guest Queen Leelee

I don't read much into those reviews that don't spend enough time with the controls. Many of them haphazardly said the same about SSG.

Most reviewers spend an hour or less, certainly less than an afternoon, on most games, plus promo videos.

If controls aren't explicitly simple, (or the sort of controls we have become accustomed to over the decades) they just don't have time to pick them up, let alone enjoy. So they're gonna give the game a bad score.

Guest Queen Leelee

Exactly. And it's especially true with a golf game. It should take time to achieve good play.

Not all Wii games, but I'd wager that there aren't many reviewers out there that are capable of doing a credible review of a sports simulation for the console, especially if the game leans on many of the actual nuances of the sport itself (i.e. golf or tennis).

This week's Virtual Console releases:

Tecmo Not-Super Bowl -- NES

Double Dungeons (NOT Dragon) -- TG 16

Sonic Spinball (not 2, 3, or Knuckles) -- GEN

Nothing really worth a d/l, IMO.

Guest Smues

I'm one of the few people that liked Sonic Spinball. But I already have it on the Sonic Mega Collection so I'll take a pass on it.

Guest Queen Leelee

I didn't know Sonic Spinball was hated. That was an addictive game.

But, shame on Nintendo. There's a double whammy with that already being available on GC and PC.

I have no idea why the Wii ads that are being shown during Raw include Metroid Prime 3 footage when that game clearly won't be out for several months.

If you're wondering how Tecmo Bowl got approved when EA holds the license, the NFL logo on the field was removed, as have all players names. When someone makes a TD, you don't see their name.