TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Oh man, the few times I played DR on the 360 at my buddy's place.. I remember that text. Brutal, just brutal. Even worse after you've gotten some beer into your system.

I'm here to rescue you, now follow me...

...wait where the fuck are you going?

Anyone get any of the shooters on WiiWare yet? I've got StarSoldier R, which is fun, but playing the same level over and over again just to get a better time is a little tiresome. Are Gyrostarr or Protothea any good?

Accoriding to the most reliable source on the net, Wikipedia, Super Mario RPG and Splatterhouse 2 are being released on the VC at some point. Hurrah!

Guest Smues

I think Super Mario RPG was announced for the VC before the Wii even came out. I'll believe it when it's downloadable.

Accoriding to the most reliable source on the net, Wikipedia, Super Mario RPG and Splatterhouse 2 are being released on the VC at some point. Hurrah!

They were released ages ago on my PSP. :P

I know I may get crucified for this, but Super Mario RPG hasn't aged well for me at all. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, it's just not one I can go back and play over again.

I think Super Mario RPG was announced for the VC before the Wii even came out. I'll believe it when it's downloadable.

I should have specified, I meant they're now on the Future Release list for Europe.

and I'm the same as dubq, I've never played a ROM of it that works. Not that I particually want to, I don't like playing games designed for consoles on PCs.

Incidentally, what's the source?

They actually used that tagline on the back of the 360 box and on the game guide.

I liked Zombie Sacrifice, but mainly because it is hilariously ironic, though.

The new sonic game looks stupid.

Which one? The one where he turns into a werewolf with stretchy arms, or the one where he fights with a broadsword?

I know you probably mean the just announced one, just illustrating a point.

Whatever happened to the Sonic game where you run really fast?

Which one? The one where he turns into a werewolf with stretchy arms, or the one where he fights with a broadsword?

Don't forget the turn-based RPG with his shitty friends (which people are giving the benefit of the doubt because Bioware is making it), too.

Guest Smues

Don't forget the turn-based RPG with his shitty friends (which people are giving the benefit of the doubt because Bioware is making it), too.

Ok as a turned based RPG whore I'll give it the benefit of the doubt too, but I've heard nothing about it until your post so I need to get something clarified: does with his shitty friends mean Sonic AND shitty friends, or the game is JUST about them? In which case never mind.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/07/24/...ing-at-wiiware/

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/why-a-wii-fight.html

Igarashi says he's considering a 2D Castlevania for Wii Ware, and that he's "watching (Mega Man 9) very closely." If they made a classic style Castlevania, with individual levels rather than the Metroid style, that would be pretty awesome. I wouldn't even care if it had NES graphics, since the franchise wasn't milked to death on that system and the last one was the best.

Eh, the only problem I have with that is...

Mega Man 9 will have better control than MM7 or MM8, due to 8-bit MM's limited animation and super-responsiveness to button taps/shots. The games are so dyed-in-the-wool designed for 8-bit that the PS2/PS1's analog buttons were actually a hindrance for MMAC, since you often had to push hard to get him to jump right.

However, the 8-bit Belmonts tend to walk like hunched-over senior citizens, they drop like stones when they jump/fall, and have very limited mobility in general. The level design was rife with pits and cheap deaths, and even with unlimited continues the original game was a controller-chucking pain in the ass.

You grudgingly accept it in the original games, but I would not buy a new Castlevania game if it controlled that terribly. At least let me whip up! Bloodlines had bitchin' control and still was "traditional" in most major facets--that's what I'm talking about.

Old-school Mega Man has some of the best control in any platformer, classic or modern, and passwords and the game layout make it more forgiving and fun than most 8-bit games, i.e. like what Anya was saying before about the big downsides to 8-bit game design.

So basically, 8-bit Castlevania? Yech. Give me 16-bit (or a CV3-ish game with really good control).

as far as old school, they finally got it right with Super Castlevania 4...however, as Drew said, if I can at least whip in different directions and maybe fix it so that you can control your falls, I'll take the 8-bit graphics. While I adore SOTN, that concept has been completely oversaturated and it's time to move on....and can we get some artists that won't make the characters look so freaking gay? It's like playing an Anne Rice novel!

Christ man, sooner or later I expect Armand to show up out of nowhere and seduce Alucard out of his pants with Lestat watching in the background, jerking off while Louis holds the cup for him.

Somewhere, Yuna Firerose is hoping...

While I adore SOTN, that concept has been completely oversaturated and it's time to move on.

Each one of them, save for Dawn of Sorrow, has used a new gameplay system. What's the problem?

...and can we get some artists that won't make the characters look so freaking gay? It's like playing an Anne Rice novel!

Fuck that. First off, Ayami Kojima can and does make characters that don't look like that (look at the character designs in SotN, look at Hammer, Yoko, and Julius). However, the CV games have had a hard time finding an audience in Japan, and having bishie protagonists were an effort to change that, sadly unsuccessful, though. Plus, in case you didn't get the memo (which was 3 games ago, BTW), they did switch character designers on several of the recent ones. Dawn of Sorrow--shit. Portrait of Ruin--shit. Castlevania Judgment--shit sandwich with vomit dressing. They all suck. Give me Ayami anyday.

Sadly, Japan *likes* the character designs in Castlevania Judgment, but it seems their current tastes have been skewing to horrible lately (look at sales charts). :P Order of Ecclesia uses a different artist, but it's more invoking of her style than the anime trash we have been seeing: http://amanezco.blogspot.com/2008/05/castl...f-ecclesia.html.

New gameplay system, sure, but I'm talking the Metroid-ish overall gameplay.

And you're right, I obviously didn't get the memo, I haven't played a CV game since Aria of Sorrow...but the character designs that I've seen still look overly homo. I can understand the reasoning, but enough is a enough.