TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Christ man, sooner or later I expect Armand to show up out of nowhere and seduce Alucard out of his pants with Lestat watching in the background, jerking off while Louis holds the cup for him.

This is a very curious mental image, considering your protests.

And you're right, I obviously didn't get the memo, I haven't played a CV game since Aria of Sorrow...but the character designs that I've seen still look overly homo.

Which ones?

Here's some other Kojima stuff (I'll spare you the stuff that is seriously, actually gay though.):

http://castlevania.armster.org/kojima/postcard13.jpg

http://castlevania.armster.org/kojima/postcard09.jpg

http://castlevania.armster.org/kojima/yaso09.jpg

It is a bit disappointing that she obviously has the chops for the NES-style artwork, but for one reason or another doesn't go for it (I blame Japan). This anime bullshit must go, though: http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/castlevania21.jpg

First, upgrade your router to the latest firmware. It looks like there are, at least, three different versions of the MR814 (denoted by MR814, MR814v2, MR814v3). There may be more than three at this point, but I think you know how to find the right version. Find out which one you have by looking at the bottom of the router itself. Then go to netgear.com and download the latest firmware if you need to. I know you said you don't know how to find out your firmware version, but I forget what the UI of the Netgear router setup looks like. Usually it's under somethnig like "Admin Settings' or something like that. If you don't have the latest firmware, update update update.

I figured out that it was the MR814v1. I updated the firmware and saw an immediate improvement in my internet speed on this computer.

Then, try disabling the router's SPI Firewall. This is apparently the thing that breaks compatibility with the Wii.

This, unfortunately, is a no-go. In v2 and v3, you can disable the firewall, but in v1, it's built into the wireless system and can't be disabled.

You may also want to try setting up the Wii to connect via a static IP (Portforward.com will help with that), and setting your router to DMZ that Static IP.

Tried that. I keep getting either a 32002 error or a 32004 error. The connection test works perfectly, but I can't download the damn update.

If that doesn't work, buy a Linksys.

I'd prefer not to, but it's not looking like I have much alternative if I want to use this Wii Card I bought before I figured out if I could connect the Wii to the internet. :angry:

My understanding is that if you cannot disable the SPI Firewall, you are completely fucked.

Update:

My internet connection on our laptops was getting steadily worse, so I decided to junk the router. I went with a D-Link Rangebooster G, and was immediately able to download the Wii Update and get going on the Wii Shop Channel. Thank goodness.

Guest Smues
I thought this was going to be about Clu Clu Land.

That's only note worthy because it is yet another VC release that's available in Animal Crossing.

I thought this was going to be about Clu Clu Land.

That's only note worthy because it is yet another VC release that's available in Animal Crossing.

Please. That's nowhere NEAR as bad as the constant re-releasing of the original Mario Bros., which was available on all four Super Mario Advance titles as well as "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga"

IGN said that Call Your Shot was so revolutionary, that for that reason alone, the Wii had the best version of Madden. Whether that's true is up to you.

Remember Disaster: Day of Crisis? It survived those rumors of cancellation and is set to be released in Japan in two weeks. European release follows next month. Fast forward to :30 in if you want to skip Japanese Nintendo Channel menus and loading. Why people post the whole process on YouTube, I'll never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEA_wbCDSng

It's getting flak for looking like a PS2 game, but what Wii game doesn't? Regardless, this was one of the titles I was excited about back in the day, so I'm glad to see it finally come out. Hopefully there's a US release soon. The commercials have me a little pumped. It looks like there's a lot of variety in the waggling puzzles and combat. I mean, you fight a fucking (PS2) bear.

HUMANS. ARE. HELPLESS!!!!

I've been told Cho Aniki didn't really get gay until the sequel (the first game has a somewhat phallic boss, but that's the exception, not the rule).

I was confident Disaster would see the light of day, but I wonder when it actually comes out here.

It's getting flak for looking like a PS2 game, but what Wii game doesn't?

Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Resident Evil 4 (:P) come to mind (yeah, more subtle, but still).

Also, Trauma Center doesn't look like a PS2 game. It looks like a DS game!

That Day of Disaster game looks pretty sweet. Got to love this youtube comment:

yeah it looks like a ps1 game

I'd sure like to see the PS1 games that kid played!