TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Only a few things could actually make me shell out for a VC game. Because there aren't any good TG-16 emulators that are free. I might pay for Neutopia. I always liked that game. Maybe the two Bonk sequels. Although wasn't Super Bonk for SNES very similar to Bonk 3? Man, I only had three TurboGrafx games. Keith Courage, China Warrior, and Double Dungeons. Ugh.

Nintendo needs to make up for the crappy New Year's lineup, and Kid Icarus, Kirby and others on the ESRB site haven't seen release yet.

There's no excuse for a week to go by without something half-decent.

Donkey Kong and Mario are good enough for me.

I wish there was some way to download VC games on a computer instead of using the Wii since I cant hook my Wii up to internet because Im stuck on crummy dialup.

I would think that the fact that you're on dialup is a bigger issue.

I wish there was some way to download VC games on a computer instead of using the Wii since I cant hook my Wii up to internet because Im stuck on crummy dialup.

I could download the games and save the downloads over sessions and resume them. It would suck because it would take forever but it would be better than nothing at all which is what I have now. And where I live, outside of satellite broadband (which I could use to download the games but would be a no go for playing actual games, not to mention the fact that its $100 a month for really low speeds) there isnt any other option and there wont be because Comcast has no intentions of serving my area and I live too far out for DSL.

Today we're getting:

Gradius

Soldier Blade

Dungeon Explorer..

*sigh*

discuss?

No idea what Soldier Blade is, but Dungeon Explorer is an old Atlus action/RPG title for the TG-16 that's similar to Gauntlet, as I understand it. Probably not a bad multiplayer spin for $6.

Gradius is the big name being released, but I'd rather play Life Force, all things considered. As much credit as I've given Nintendo for the Virtual Console, they should probably consider "catching up" the North American game list to Japan's VC, as some folks are starting to get restless with the slow stream of titles coming out.

Soldier Blade is the sequel to Super Star Soldier. And both titles are great if you like shooters.

Ah, I see. Isn't Super Star Soldier already out on the VC? That's kind of a peculiar move. (Though, if it's a decent game, then no harm, no foul, I guess.)

I could download the games and save the downloads over sessions and resume them. It would suck because it would take forever but it would be better than nothing at all which is what I have now. And where I live, outside of satellite broadband (which I could use to download the games but would be a no go for playing actual games, not to mention the fact that its $100 a month for really low speeds) there isnt any other option and there wont be because Comcast has no intentions of serving my area and I live too far out for DSL.

Where the hell in Maryland do you live, Marv? In a crackhouse in the darkest corners of PG County or something?

Guest Smues

I'm noticing ads for the Wii that mention that it comes with 5 games, and then if you read the small print it lists them as bowling, tennis, boxing, baseball, golf. People are such cocksuckers some times I swear.

Guest Princess Leena

About all of the eBay descriptions say "Wii w/5 games". Concurred about people.

Who the fuck would be that stupid to order it thinking they're getting 5 free games?

Any educated child who deserves a Wii from mommy and daddy would, you'd think, tell them what to expect with it.

OR

Any educated person who wants to buy one obviously can search the 'net or visit Nintendo.com and see what comes with it.

EBay "scams" are so 5 years ago.

Sega has announced 5 games they will be bringing to the VC this quarter:

Streets of Rage

Comix Zone

Bonanza Bros.

Bio-Hazard Battle

Gain Ground

They should totally bring Eternal Champions to the VC. I don't want anyone to say that it was bad. Because it wasn't. NO I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU

Sega has announced 5 games they will be bringing to the VC this quarter:

Streets of Rage

Comix Zone

Bonanza Bros.

Bio-Hazard Battle

Gain Ground

They should totally bring Eternal Champions to the VC. I don't want anyone to say that it was bad. Because it wasn't. NO I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU

3 of those 5 are on the Sega Genesis Collection. At this rate, the whole Sega Genesis Collection will be on Wii. $20 for Sega Genesis collection versus, IF they put them all on Wii (and they probably will), $144.

Today we're getting:

Gradius

Soldier Blade

Dungeon Explorer..

*sigh*

discuss?

That's a million times better than Urban Champion.

Hardcore Gaming 101's webmaster would be pleased to see Soldier Blade:

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/sta...starsoldier.htm

Streets of Rage

Comix Zone

Bonanza Bros.

Bio-Hazard Battle

Gain Ground

Streets of Rage--oh, gee, really Sega? You finally realized people like this series? 8 bucks is pricey but at least it's coming.

Comix Zone - I own it like 3 times over.

The rest suck.

I think SoR is the only one that isn't shovelware from Sega Genesis Collection, though.

EDIT: Okay, as Thoth said, 3 of them are shovelware from SGC.

You still suck donkey balls, Sega. Nintendo, your VC pricing sucks harder, though. There's very few 1st party Genesis games worth 8 bucks, let along Genesis games period.

Where the hell in Maryland do you live, Marv? In a crackhouse in the darkest corners of PG County or something?

On the Eastern Shore, somewhere between Salisbury and OC but closer to Salisbury. Its mostly farms and chicken houses out here. If I lived closer to OC I could have wireless broadband that was set up in that county, but since I dont, the county I live in must have been paid off by comcast to not allow it here even though they dont offer cable where I live.

I want "Ex Mutants" and "Predator 2" for Genesis or I'm not interested.

Plus that awesome X-Men game that was RED HOT when it came out, with the Jim Lee-esque art on the front on an orange background. I played that forever.

So, we have to take some out of the 2007 HDTV and Blu-Ray fund.

Itd actually come out of the "need a new car fund". No plans to buy a new TV or a blu-ray player anytime soon.

It kinda sucks that you have to have a broadband connection to enjoy a console game system anymore. Dont get me wrong, love the Wii and all but I feel like Im only using about half of it without the broadband connection.

And Nintendo still has never sent me the update disc they have for saves to the SD card.

Guest Princess Leena

I hate online gaming. If I could give you my broadband for that purpose, I would.

So, we have to take some out of the 2007 HDTV and Blu-Ray fund.

Dont get me wrong, love the Wii and all but I feel like Im only using about half of it without the broadband connection.

That's because you spend time on here talking to geeks and listening to loads of indirect marketing. Online play means virtually nothing to me except racing games since it's hard as balls to find other people around who are worth a damn at them.

http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/wireless-nunchuck/

Wireless Nunchuck?

A new rumor: The Nintendo Wii Wireless Nunchuck

An unconfirmed source has revealed that Nintendo are currently working on a wireless version of their Nunchuck attachment for the Wii remote.

This comes after many complaints from gamers who feel that the dangling wire which links the two devices, simply distracts from gameplay, especially in games which require significant movement of the arms, such as Wii Boxing or Call of Duty 3.

The Wii Nunchuck gets it’s name from the martial arts weapon, the ‘’Nunchucks'’ because of the similarities in design; a chain/wire connects two heavier objects at either end. The wireless Nunchuck attachment will possibly undergo a name-change to make sense.

There’s no reason for Nintendo not to make future wireless devices for the Wiimote - a wireless reciever would plug into the remote in place of any wires linking the two. Communications between Wiimote and Console would be as normal. The downside to this is the added drain on batteries, though with Nintendo’s track record with their previous wireless technologies, we’re sure they will leap this hurdle.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6562/1/Kingdom_..._Bonus_and_More

Nintendo Rumours | Kingdom Hearts Wii, Fire Emblem Bonus & More...

Get ready to pinch lots of salt...

By Adam Riley (jesusraz)

05.01.2007 23:22

A selection of rumours have appeared over in Japan on the 2ch forums that are just too juicy to ignore. So get ready to take them all with a hefty pinch of salt and read on below:

From Software is currently working on a first-person action RPG for Nintendo's Wii that will be in the vein of Kings Field;

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn on Wii will come in two parts at the same time, the first being the original GC Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, whilst the other is the new main game (a tactic done when the first SNES Fire Emblem was released);

The age-old rumour of NiGHTS appearing on Wii has reared its head once again, making you wonder if this one will ever actually come true;

Square Enix and Disney Interactive have agreed that the next iteration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise should appear on Nintendo consoles - something that would not be surprising given Disney's committment to Wii and Square Enix's strong relationship with Nintendo;

Bandai Namco's Sword of Legendia for Wii is set to be the first game in a new spin-off from the 'Tales of' RPGs, the 'Sword of' series.

Nintendo will release Animal Crossing Wii in 2007, complete with online gaming. In addition whether to include unlockable VC classics is undecided, but the Weather Channel will link up with the game so your weather is represented during play!

Capcom is planning a new Resident Evil for the DS, but not just a port of RE2 as previously believed, instead this rumour makes it sound like an RE Outbreak title.

So which do you think are the most likely and which would you actually like to see come true?

Share your thoughts below and stay tuned to Cubed³ for further updates...

[ Thanks to farnham of NeoGAF for the tip ]