TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Yeah but they released the last one for PS2, 360 and PSP and there was a PS3 version scheduled before it got canned. I'm guessing they realized that in the eyes of the fans, the Smackdown series is the clear #1 and they figured it's best just to make the same game for each system, which is the cheaper option as well.

Plus, THQ announced a while back that there will not be any more Day of Reckoning games, and basically hinted they'll stick with one series rather than doing platform specific games.

DOR 1 and 2 being better doesn't really matter. Nor does the fact that since the Smackdown games were on Playstation 2, no friggin' duh they're selling better.

I just want the goddamn DOR game engine in place. That was the closest to the old school engines, and it would be insane to not include something that was so well-recieved.

Where the fuck is Wii Ping Pong is all I want to know.

See: Wii Play.

I bet the Wii wrestling game will be PS2 SvR2K7, but you can use the nunchuck and wiimote to actually control diva pillow fights!

Granted it isn't 100% the same, but dude, its super similar. You can actually have FUN~ playing long matches with this series like back in the day. Can I ask why you disagree?

Where the fuck is Wii Ping Pong is all I want to know.

See: Wii Play.

I bet the Wii wrestling game will be PS2 SvR2K7, but you can use the nunchuck and wiimote to actually control diva pillow fights!

Objection!

Those were removed in 2K7.

Good joke, though.

Ah, but maybe they'll be restored in the Wii version!

...yeah, I don't think they'd put that much work into the port, either. It'll just support GC/Classic controllers, I figger.

Wrestling on the Wii needs to be simple. I like to try and figure out the control schemes for new games, so I was thinking have arm/hand strikes tied into the remote and kicks tied into the nunchuk. Throwing one up, down, or swiping it produces a different strike. Both at the same time would kinda be like the A+B strike from the AKI games. A would be the grapple button, and, just like the No Mercy engine, different moves are pulled off by moving the remote and/or nunchuk. If it wouldn't be hard, maybe use the remote/nunchuk to gesture a wrestler's taunt in order to do a finisher. For instance, you get a special with Batista, so you strong grapple and turn the remote upside down (i.e. thumbs down). B can run, Z blocks, C dodges, D-Pad taunts.

I'd play it.

control scheme is the basis of my enjoying a game, and a good roster and features comes second. I guess that's why I would take DOR series over SD series any day.

And I'd play the game your making a scheme for Mattdotcom.. and if it had the GC controller scheme on it too, I'd buy it.

control scheme is the basis of my enjoying a game, and a good roster and features comes second. I guess that's why I would take DOR series over SD series any day.

I'll take the DOR games simply because they don't use the backasswards, shitty balance.

However, they also don't have quite such awful AI, horrible sloppy collision, and an overhyped gameplay mode that doesn't actually work (online play). Despite its deficiently in moves, Rumble Roses on PS2 was 10x more polished than the last SVR I played, 2006.

Yukes has a tendency to almost get it right, then f it up the next game. It's a shame the Def Jam games are no longer wrestling games.

Guest Princess Leena

I take back enjoying DOR2.

The 4-way cage match in story mode ruins the game completely.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell game testers actually do...

Guest Princess Leena

VC games this week, that will be available in 66 minutes:

Super Mario World (SNES)

VIGILANTE (TG16)

Gain Ground (Genesis).

I remember Vigilante. Kinda. Or do I? I think I do. I should look into this.

Seriously, though. Neutopia. And Neutopia II. There aren't any good TurboGrafx emulators.

Guest Princess Leena

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165272.html

As part of its Gamers' Day, Konami announced a new game for the Wii from the producer of the recently released Elebits.

Dewy's Adventure stars Dewy, a droplet of water that has the task of saving his forest from the evil Don Hedron. Under Don Hedron's influence, the forest has gone from a bright and flourishing environment to a dark and gloomy world. Gamers will take on puzzles and enemies by controlling the temperature immediately around Dewy, turning him into ice or mist.

Using the Wii Remote, gamers can terraform the environment to move Dewy around the land, create earthquakes by shaking the controller, blow gusts of winds by waving the Wii Remote, and summon lightning bolts with the flick of a wrist.

In addition to the single-player game, Dewy's Adventure lets players edit puzzles that can be taken on in a cooperative mode.

Dexy's Adventure has not yet been rated by the ESRB and will be released sometime in 2007.

--

Call me crazy, but I'm excited about the possibilities of this game. If for nothing more than it's very unique. And cute.

Of course, this game isn't helping Nintendo's "kiddy" image... but as we've seen with Elebits and SSG, "kiddy" looks don't mean the game is for kids.

Seriously, though. Neutopia. And Neutopia II. There aren't any good TurboGrafx emulators.

SJK, Vigilante was a game in the Kung-Fu mold but set in an urban environment. I'd go so far as to call it a present day (at the time) update of Kung-Fu.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165272.html

As part of its Gamers' Day, Konami announced a new game for the Wii from the producer of the recently released Elebits.

Dewy's Adventure stars Dewy, a droplet of water that has the task of saving his forest from the evil Don Hedron. Under Don Hedron's influence, the forest has gone from a bright and flourishing environment to a dark and gloomy world. Gamers will take on puzzles and enemies by controlling the temperature immediately around Dewy, turning him into ice or mist.

Using the Wii Remote, gamers can terraform the environment to move Dewy around the land, create earthquakes by shaking the controller, blow gusts of winds by waving the Wii Remote, and summon lightning bolts with the flick of a wrist.

In addition to the single-player game, Dewy's Adventure lets players edit puzzles that can be taken on in a cooperative mode.

Dexy's Adventure has not yet been rated by the ESRB and will be released sometime in 2007.

--

Call me crazy, but I'm excited about the possibilities of this game. If for nothing more than it's very unique. And cute.

Of course, this game isn't helping Nintendo's "kiddy" image... but as we've seen with Elebits and SSG, "kiddy" looks don't mean the game is for kids.

I'll take original content over ports any day of the week, looks and sounds like a fun title. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on it.

On the wrestling subject, is there any way No Mercy (or any of the awseome N64 wrestling games) will be hitting the virtual console or are there licencing problems.

SJK, Vigilante was a game in the Kung-Fu mold but set in an urban environment. I'd go so far as to call it a present day (at the time) update of Kung-Fu.

My brother may have rented this game back in the day. I have fairly vivid memories of a number of games we rented for the TurboGrafx. Battle Royale. Bloody Wolf. Darkwing Duck. NEUTOPIA! D&D: The Order of the Griffon. But I can't say I remember much of Vigilante besides the name. Although looking at some of the screenshots, it does look a little familar.

On the wrestling subject, is there any way No Mercy (or any of the awseome N64 wrestling games) will be hitting the virtual console or are there licencing problems.

I would assume there would be licensing problems since a lot of the wrestlers in the game aren't with WWE anymore and thus they aren't under whatever license agreements allowed them to be in the game in the first place. I'd expect to see very few licensed games on the VC.

Guest Princess Leena

There's also the issue that the game is WWF No Mercy. That alone probably kills all wrestling games.

My brother may have rented this game back in the day. I have fairly vivid memories of a number of games we rented for the TurboGrafx. Battle Royale. Bloody Wolf. Darkwing Duck. NEUTOPIA! D&D: The Order of the Griffon. But I can't say I remember much of Vigilante besides the name. Although looking at some of the screenshots, it does look a little familar.

Could you dig up screens of DWD? All I've seen are the Game Boy and NES games, which are made by Capcom and are pretty much Mega Man with a beak.