TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

For a while people were lining up to play my copy of Wii Play just for Tanks, and before that, Wii Sports was king. Personally I don't poopoo the two games just because I've never had any video games that all of my friends begged to play.

By Super T5 I think he meant like SF II to New Challengers. Comparing it to that and UMK3 would be fair. It's an update but a major one.

Wii Play does seem unfinished, granted, but it is redeemed by coming with a controller. Basically it's a ten dollar game in that respect, not to mention it is extremely fun, especially the laser hockey, pool, and tank games.

I think you would be hardpressed to call any fighting game a killer app. I would think that term should apply to more than a tiny number of people.

I am sorry, I mean this generation of consoles and last. I know for certain alot of SNES sold because of streetfighter.

I do believe alot of people bought Cubes because of Smash, but besides that, fighting games are the thing that are moving consoles anymore. Sports game and FPS are running it now.

Just my opinion, but Soul Calibur is probably the last fighting game that's ever served as a "killer app" for any system.

You are probably right. Once again, sold alot of Gamecubes. Basically the cheapness of the gamecube made alot of games killer apps for it. Resident Evil 4, The remake, Smash Brothers, Metroid, Soul Caliber, Zelda....

The sequel to Soul Calibur wasn't a killer app, the Cube version only sold a touch under 1 million in the US. I think he meant the original.

Well yeah, that sold the Dreamcast, but I am pretty sure I remember a surge in Cube purchases(as much of a surge as you would see out of the cube) when the second one came out with people buying the cube just so they could play as overpowered Link.

I just got Eledees yesterday (or Eleebits i think its called State side). Its pretty cool, only done the tutorial and the first 2 levels but im enjoying it so far. I recomend it.

As for Spider-Man 3, a friend of mine got it yesterday and said its ok, the swining is awesome but thats about it. The fighting is apperantly difficult and the camera look isnt as good.

spider-man-3-20070504032237938.jpg

WTF? This is quite possibly the worst graphics I've seen since the the days of the Saturn. Usually, I don't care about graphics, but WTF? At least put enough effort so the game looks presentable.

I'd say it was the draw distance, if it were 12 years ago and it was Carmageddon.

I played Spiderman 3 on the wii today, that picture doesnt do it justice.

Granted it looks better on the 360, but it doesnt look to bad. It doesnt play great, but it doesnt look as bad as that screenshot.

That looks alot like the maybe the worse game of all time, Superman 64

that game is the gold standard of classic..you clearly know nothing about video games

Today on the VC:

Final Fight-SNES-800 points

Ordyne-TG-16-600 points

If you're like me and had no idea what Ordyne is, it's a side-scrolling shooter. whatta surprise. On a related note, am I the only person here who has never seen a TurboGrafx-16 in person?

I played Spiderman 3 on the wii today, that picture doesnt do it justice.

Granted it looks better on the 360, but it doesnt look to bad. It doesnt play great, but it doesnt look as bad as that screenshot.

Considering Ultimate Spider-Man for the Gamecube looks better than that shot, I'm not surprised.

I read that all 3 versions were developed seperately, but it seems all 3 versions were rushed to get it out in time for the movie's release..so..its not surpising. Spidey 3 along with all the dumb cartoon/movie tie in games are just the ones that Nintendo DOESNT need right now, but whatever.

Today on the VC:

Ordyne-TG-16-600 points

If you're like me and had no idea what Ordyne is, it's a side-scrolling shooter. whatta surprise. On a related note, am I the only person here who has never seen a TurboGrafx-16 in person?

Mighty Bomb Jack (NES) is also out on VC today. It was just hidden underneath CastleVania.

I may just get Ordyne because I hear it's actually pretty good. Of course, I also did the same thing about Splatterhouse and I really want my 600 points back.

Today on the VC:

Ordyne-TG-16-600 points

Mighty Bomb Jack (NES) is also out on VC today. It was just hidden underneath CastleVania.

I may just get Ordyne because I hear it's actually pretty good. Of course, I also did the same thing about Splatterhouse and I really want my 600 points back.

I actually remember playing Mighty Bomb Jack as a kid, and I think it was hard as hell...or it could have been easy as hell. I just remember playing it.

That looks alot like the maybe the worse game of all time, Superman 64

that game is the gold standard of classic..you clearly know nothing about video games

I pray you are kidding

On a related note, am I the only person here who has never seen a TurboGrafx-16 in person?

I *probably* have seen one in person, like in a case somewhere, but if not for the logo I probably wouldn't be able to pick one out of a lineup.

And 8 bucks for lame, Guy-less, watered-down Final Fight is unacceptable.

Guest Smues

I had a TG-16, but I traded it for an Atari 2600 with a bunch of games. Ahh so stupid I was as a kid.

The Radio Shack here used to have one playing some demo, next to a TV that had a Sonic demo running. I can't remember, though, if you could actually see the system or if it was hidden.