TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

CCB, you have to admit...it IS highly suspicious that you're returning three XBoxes in three days. I worked in Circuit City for a year (yeah, jericholic82. firedog!) and I have to tell you, after the second return, we would most certainly not allow you to return the system a third time. Especially when all you need to do is install a system update which is really a routine procedure for anybody using XBox Live.

Couple that with your piss-poor attitude once Gamestop decided to bend their policy, including taking it out on the register person and manager who really were not doing anything inflammatory besides exhibiting good judgment, I have to say your post about Gamestop angering you might have actually angered me.

CCB, you have to admit...it IS highly suspicious that you're returning three XBoxes in three days. I worked in Circuit City for a year (yeah, jericholic82. firedog!) and I have to tell you, after the second return, we would most certainly not allow you to return the system a third time. Especially when all you need to do is install a system update which is really a routine procedure for anybody using XBox Live.

Couple that with your piss-poor attitude once Gamestop decided to bend their policy, including taking it out on the register person and manager who really were not doing anything inflammatory besides exhibiting good judgment, I have to say your post about Gamestop angering you might have actually angered me.

Yeah, it angers me too.

To be honest, I wouldn't have taken your Xbox back either, it worked fine. You just had to download a update for your console. Which most likey just required you to sign up for Xbox Live Silver, which is the free verison of Xbox Live. So you pretty much went through all that for nothing.

Yeah, I know that's all I had to do. That's not the point here. It was the fifth day of me having to deal with those people, and the third because of an XBox 360, so I was just over it. He wasn't denying the return because it worked "fine," either. He was denying the sale because of some bullshit reason about the warranty sticker looking like it had been tampered with or something stupid like that.

So, yeah.

I mean, looking back on it, I probably coulda handled it more gracefully, but...yeah. Whatever, I'll just save up and get a new one anyway.

That's the entire point! You didn't even have to go back to Gamestop. If you just took two minutes to sign up for the free Xbox Live service and download the console update, all that shit wouldn't have happen.

You know what else angers me, dumbass customers like you.

Awww, don't be so angwy, jub jub. You might blow a gasket.

Now, if I had fucking KNOWN that what you said was all I had to do, then I would have done it. I looked it up, I called the support line, and I even asked the guy at Gamestop if he could help or had any opinions or tips after explaining the entire thing to him. NONE of these sources told me to download the free xbox live service (which would have been useless anyway, because I can't connect the xbox to the internet in the first place with my current setup) and do all that shit. So I just decided to wipe my hands of the matter and return it anyway. I was as polite as I could be up until he accused me of trying to swindle them. THAT'S what angered me.

Oh well. Since it directly affects your life, I can see why you're getting so BUTT hurt.

Wait your Xbox wasn't connected to the internet? Ok now this isn't making much sense. Your console woudn't have known about any update unless you were connected. What was the message you got when you turned your Xbox on?

It was a purple screen that said something like "Please Insert the Update Disc." Since I obviously didn't have that or know what that was, I clicked continue and then another purple screen saying something like "You Need to update the Xbox or something along these lines. Please contact customer support or go on-line." And when I called customer support, the dude told me to take it to a friends house that had xbox live and try it there. And I'm the only one I know who had one, sooo...that idea was shot.

EDIT: Xbox.com was no help either.

Yup, you just needed to get your xbox online then so you could download the update(s). Why can't you do that with your current set up?

I'm stealing internet off my neighbors as I type this. THAT is the only way I can get internet for now until I'm able to pay the cable bills.

I'm sure there's a much easier solution, but, as you so eloquently put it, I'm a "dumbass."

EDIT: Wow...people fucking haaaaate me in this thread. I should steer fucking clear from now on. I'm not getting angry about the right things, apparently.

LewSkymer-1923-01.jpg

Eat a shoe, you corn-fed rapscallion!

and yeah...you suck and all that jazz.

Just to let that old topic die (you know...me being an idiot and not using my head + Gamestop):

I don't know how I was reminded of this, but a good majority of the people that I've met in Arizona piss me off. Now, a lot of them, I have no real problem with. I guess it's just my best friends "friends." They're waaaaay dumb. I mean, I know not everyone from Arizona is stupid, but the people from Sahuarita or however you spell it sure are.

For example, I was just introduced to one guy named ZJ, and he asked me where I was from. I told him San Jose, and he didn't know where that was. Understandable. I told him it was near San Francisco, and he followed up with THESE gems:

"So...you're from San Francisco. You're gay, right? Isn't that entire city, like, full of fags?"

I told him no, and that that's a common misconception, and that I'm not FROM San Francisco, I live about an hour away.

"Oh...so that means you're, like, an hour away from LA too, right?"

Wow.

To be fair, it's not as if you can expect somebody from another state to know, especially while apparently under the influence of something, the geography of your home state. If there's a concert tour that comes through Massachusetts, and they either go to the Worcester venues (DCU Center or the Palladium) or the Mansfield one (Comcast Center, formerly the Tweeter Center, formerly Greatwoods), those on tour will still refer to it as Boston, despite being located roughly an hour away from Boston.

To be fair, it's not as if you can expect somebody from another state to know, especially while apparently under the influence of something, the geography of your home state. If there's a concert tour that comes through Massachusetts, and they either go to the Worcester venues (DCU Center or the Palladium) or the Mansfield one (Comcast Center, formerly the Tweeter Center, formerly Greatwoods), those on tour will still refer to it as Boston, despite being located roughly an hour away from Boston.

when KISS cme through the Tweeter center, Paul Stanley kept saying "Mansfeild~!!!" and i was pleased/impressed. but yes, i agree. Woostah is not Boston.

More stabbing people desires.

We have a decent deal on corn first ten ears only. I put that fact on the price sign and then proceeded to make additional sheets reading "ATTENTION CORN SALE IS FRIST TEN EARS ONLY EVERY EAR AFTER TEN IS REGULAR PRICE" and flanked the corn table with two sheets per side and people still would come back complaining that they got over charged for their 35 ears of corn they bought. After explaining it to them, and pointing at the signs I get yelled at by people too ignorant or lazy to read what amounts to a sentence to save everyone the trouble.

Also fuck them and their wanting fresh stuff from the back WHILE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF REFILLING IT.

More stabbing people desires.

We have a decent deal on corn first ten ears only. I put that fact on the price sign and then proceeded to make additional sheets reading "ATTENTION CORN SALE IS FRIST TEN EARS ONLY EVERY EAR AFTER TEN IS REGULAR PRICE" and flanked the corn table with two sheets per side and people still would come back complaining that they got over charged for their 35 ears of corn they bought. After explaining it to them, and pointing at the signs I get yelled at by people too ignorant or lazy to read what amounts to a sentence to save everyone the trouble.

Also fuck them and their wanting fresh stuff from the back WHILE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF REFILLING IT.

I'm with you on the first paragraph. The general public are either stupid or indifferent to anything but what they want, if not a combination of both. But I think anyone in retail with me has sung that song before here.

You're on your own for the second. I don't handle fresh food in retail, but I did used to be a bread guy. When I was in grocery stores merchandising, I would often have customers specifically ask me which the freshest were, and go ahead and take that one. I was more than fine with that; why is there anything wrong with that?

I think he's more referring to the fact that he's refilling it with fresh corn and people are asking if they have fresh corn.

This would be the thing. I was in the process of putting out corn that I had to pull from the ice pack they ship it in and people wanted "fresher" stuff from the back. Also there's a ratio of the better the deal the more picky people are with the corn (or anything really) a few years ago we had it for 12 for a dollar and I built a display off a watermelon bin stacking corn nearly six feet high and people would nitpick and want me to look the back for "more corn" I'd just tell them that there's over a thousand ears in that stack you can find 12 that are good eating.

And if someone wanted to get ten and get back in line they are more than free to do that, but these people "didn't know there was a limit" despite the signs and it being printed in the ad and wanted a refund and to pay 4 for 1 for all their ears.

Also if I'm filling a code dated thing (mainly the salad kits) and someone comes up and asks me for the best date I don't care about that, but I'm not going to stop what I'm doing to walk to the back to get something that is exactly the same as what I'm putting out.

I worked in a grocery store for a couple months. Miserable. Guy complains the line's too long: "You just lost a customer." I think "Good. I'm not on commission, asshole." There was a woman there named Jan who had been working there 40 years. She reminded me of a very old Jan Brady, too. Everyone thought she was a bitch, but you just had to understand her perspective of working there for 40 years, and she was ok.

That was also the job I went to the drunkest. One morning it was time for work, and I was so absolutely hammered I didn't even attempt to drive (and I'd drive drunk), so I tried to walk, and the police stopped me and said I was too drunk to walk. This was a fairly nice community, so they just took me home. I waited a few minutes, then called a cab. Worked an eight hour shift. You have to admire my dedication to my job. Most people would just call in.

Being the next person in line at the library just wanting to check out a couple DVDs, when the broad in front of me suddenly realizes she has to fill out a bunch of shit that was supposed to be done at the beginning of LAST semester. Then a couple of her friends go up to say hi, and suddenly realize they also have to do the same five minute process. Those people piss me off.

My asshole neighbor across the street. He's called the cops on us for fireworks 3 years in a row now. He acts friendly and whatnot usually, but as my dad said yesterday, if he has a problem with what we're doing, then he should come over and say it to our face first. (Me and my brother were launching bottle rockets during the afternoon in the back yard). Then he can threaten us with calling the 5-0.

Little does he know, my family is friendly with pretty much the town's entire police force. A cop actually showed up at our back fence, but the guy was a friend of my dad's and just suggested we hold off for a while until it got dark.

Neighbor has a zillion American flags lining his driveway and his garden. If he doesn't like the fireworks (several other neighbors were launching them too) then he can go away for the weekend to a place where there aren't going to be any, because calling the fucking cops has never stopped us before and they probably won't in the future, either. No one else has ever had a problem in our neighborhood until this guy moved in a few years ago.

People sometimes do questionable shit on the 4th. I remember when I was a kid, one of our neighbors wasn't home that night, and a roman candle or something had gone awry and landed on a pile of wood on their back porch. I glimpsed it out of the corner of my bedroom window, thought they had a campfire going on or something. Wasn't until I told my dad about it that he went over and found out what was up and put it out himself. If I hadn't seen it or hadn't said anything, their whole house coulda gone up. Same kind of situation, a couple years ago I was partying with a bunch of people in this sort of old white ghetto. Small houses, smaller yards, and no driveways so everyone parked on the street. But people were still launching fireworks up and down the street, they were zooming underneath parked cars and exploding there, shit like that. It's a wonder nothing serious either blew up or burned down.

Hey, it is getting closer to Halloween again, isn't it? I need to buy smaller needles this year, I've almost perfected my process so the injection marks on the candies are nearly invisible.

Speaking of Halloween, I hate the fact that every year, a bunch of weirdo "goth" kids try and kidnap my black cat. It's been happening for about four years now.

Seriously? That's fucked up. I mean, sacrificing the blood of virgins on the ancient granite altar in tribute to Ba'al, that's one thing. But trying to kidnap a kitty? That's just wrong.

You should wait out for them with a semiauto paintgun, loaded with pellets full of glow-in-the-dark paint, in a variety of colors, of the non-washable variety. Let's all have a laugh as the goth kids try to committ their souls to the eldritch forces of the night while they've been splattered into the color of a Randy Savage outfit circa 1995.

I shall take that into consideration.

My dad usually waits outside for them, cos they always come around and try to act sly, but once they see he's sitting on the porch, they run off.

He said this year, he's gonna dress up like a serial killer and hide in the bushes near our house, then pop out at them when they walk up.