TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Firecrackers and the like going off at all hours of the night in the weeks surrounding the 4th of July. Also, neighbors playing music loudly, especially at night. I'm blessed with experiencing both right now. Firecrackers and Three 6 Mafia ballads blasting at 11 on a Sunday night. How lucky?

Same thing happens in my neighborhood. Also, people coming home from the bar at 2 o'clock in the morning.

I was a proponent of proper capitalization and punctuation at all times -including chats and instant messages- long before it became the vogue, and now everyone is doing it. But still... it doesn't really bother me to read nontraditional typing. Some of my favorite authors use it.

One of my friends gave me guff for saying "anyone" instead of "ne1" back in 1996. Even as a young teen with his first next experience, I didn't care for that business.

if i'm writing something substansial... a match for the fed, a story, an essay, a letter to someone important, etc... then i pull out my big-girl capitalization... but for IMs and message boards and informal communications, i don't bother. i'm a shitty typist as it is, and half the time when i DO try to do caps, i seem to be too retardedly uncoordinated to get the shift and letter keys in the right order or whatnot, and i end up going back to fix a shitonne of lower-case-but-should-be-upper-case-i-used-the-fucking-shift-wtf.

i do, however, try to use caps for proper nouns.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

i hate when people get anal about shit like that. don't you have any real drama to deal with?

QUOTE (Тайг

@ Jun 30 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if i'm writing something substansial... a match for the fed, a story, an essay, a letter to someone important, etc... then i pull out my big-girl capitalization... but for IMs and message boards and informal communications, i don't bother. i'm a shitty typist as it is, and half the time when i DO try to do caps, i seem to be too retardedly uncoordinated to get the shift and letter keys in the right order or whatnot, and i end up going back to fix a shitonne of lower-case-but-should-be-upper-case-i-used-the-fucking-shift-wtf.

i do, however, try to use caps for proper nouns.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

i hate when people get anal about shit like that. don't you have any real drama to deal with?

On a similar note, I hate when people declare themselves the "winner" of some Internet arugment when the other person mispells something or forgets to put a period on the end of a sentence or some other stupid shit like that.

Example:

"Payton Manning is a better QB than Tom Brady!"

"Well, you can't even spell Peyton right, so all your credibility is lost (I win, hardy har-har)!!!"

Fuck outta here with all that.

My inability to become anal about something is pissing me off lately:

I keep meaning to keep keys and wallet in my right pocket, cell and Ipod in my left. I probably use the keys/wallet more, so I want easier access, and I don't want my keys scratching either of them; I can't get into a rhythm, and keep haphazardly stuffing them into whatever pocket.

Gas pumps that are slow. In a similar vein, people who pump their gas to a round figure even if they are using a credit card. It's going on the card, who cares about using cents?

Gas pumps that are slow. In a similar vein, people who pump their gas to a round figure even if they are using a credit card. It's going on the card, who cares about using cents?

I pump gas like that, it's easier to balance everything out if it's a solid 40 or 50 than 43.31.

I pump gas like that, it's easier to balance everything out if it's a solid 40 or 50 than 43.31.

But if it's going on your card, why does it matter? Unless you're one of those meticulous types who records every cent they spend during the week.

But if it's going on your card, why does it matter? Unless you're one of those meticulous types who records every cent they spend during the week.

I'm that type. Plus I've got a credit card that I only use for gas and, at the end of the month, it's just easier to write the check for $250 or whatever instead of $247.94.

Of course, I'm also the guy that, when I pay bills each month, I round each bill up to the next dollar so that it's easier to keep track of in the check register. I hate cents.

I pump gas like that, too. Only I do because I try to get a "perfect pump" and think of it more as a game-ish thing. It's only happened three or four times this year, but im only off by 4 cents or something.

Ok, HERE'S something that pisses me off proper: GameStop.

I bought a used XBox 360 and Skate from them, and the XBox would freeze up whenever I tried to play it, so I returned the XBox. I got another one, and it worked for about an hour, then just would NOT turn on after that. I took it back, got another one. The third one works fine that night, so I'm having a ball playing Skate. The next morning, it says I need to update the console before I can play anything. I call the hotline, they give me some dumb answer about buying XBox Live, so I take it back to GameStop and ask if they can fix it, the dip shit says no, so I say, "Ok, I'll just return it then and get my money back."

He then proceeds to rip off the back, look around at it, then go over to his manager, who is a 25 year old weedy dude in a three piece suit that is WAAAAY too big for him, and covers his face with the console while they chat. They both go to the back, and five minutes later, the asshole comes back and says:

Asshole: "We can't return this because it looks like you've tampered with the warranty sticker."

Me: "What? Why would I do that? All I did was take it out of the package and play it for a little bit."

Asshole: "Hey, man, I'm sorry, but...you've had three Xbox's in three days, and NONE of them worked for longer than an hour?..." (smug little look and a shrug)

Me: "...what are you fucking implying?"

Asshole: "Nothing, man! I'm just saying..."

Me: "Just saying that I purposely fucked with these Xbox's, right? Look, I didn't do a fucking thing to them, all right? All I did was set them up, play for about four hours, and THAT'S IT."

Asshole: "...Let me talk to my manager again."

He then went to the back and came back fairly quickly, and was like, "Yeah, we can take it back...whatever..."

So I got my money back, and the dude's apologizing, and as I'm walking out, he says "Have a nice day, man." Aaaaand I flip him off. Go me. Looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have done that, but whatever. I was pissed.

Seriously...fuck GameStop.

The one in the middle once told me movies shouldn't be made for entertainment. They should all be meant to convey a message and to teach us something.

And did you know that the PCA once ruled the exact opposite, in response to the the 1945 sex edusploitation film Mom and Dad? To the response that the subject matter was justified because it was educational, they ruled that movies were purely for entertainment, and had no business teaching us anything.

Oh yeah, I just out-snobbed your snob friend right in his snobby face.

Snob Snob

Also anyone who thinks the purpose of art should be to impart some kind of lesson or point is a didactic retard still clinging to an antiquated belief in the power of the author to control the message of the work and thus shouldn't be listened to anyway/

I wanted to stab my Store Director with my work knife today. He always gets uber stressed around holidays, for like no damn reason other than he thinks he needs to be stressed for things to get done. There's only three guys in my department right now (produce) and one of them is actually splitting time between us and graveyard which means if he is scheduled on Monday, he actually works most of his hours on Tuesday meaning we can't use him until Wednesday or all his hours are overtime and he gets a "short turn-around" bonus overtime which is double time.

It's the 4th, and the produce manager needs at least one day off, and my one day off was Sunday, so I was soloing all day today rocking the split shift. Not a big deal. I was up in the office making signs for the add that starts tomorrow and the SD pages me to the produce department. I in-house call him to see what he wants because I'm in the middle of stuff.

SD: Did you do a freshwalk (going through the department and tossing the bad stuff away) today?

Me: Yeah, at 8 this morning when I came in.

SD: I found two bad tomatoes, you need to come down here and do it again. There's no way you did it.

Me: It's five PM. You don't think two tomatoes could have turned in a nine hour span on a hot day?

(Also my department is fairly close to the Bakery so we get a ton of heat if they are baking alot)

SD: There's no way you did a freshwalk. Come down here now.

Me: I'm doing signs, I'll do another walk when I'm done.

SD: Where were you for three hours this afternoon?

Me: Taking a nap. I was scheduled a split.

SD: Where's Gabe?

Me: Fishing I'd suppose.

SD: Does he know that it's the Fourth this week?

Me: Yeah, that's why he took today off instead of Thursday, his usual day off.

SD: The rack looks like shit.

Me: You mean all the Lettuce that your Elk's Lodge just came in and bought everything we had without any prior notice?

SD: Oh, did they come in?

Me: Yeah, let them know that we need a heads up next time they want to buy a bunch of stuff from us so we don't have a gaping hole out there.

SD: I told them to call.

Me: Yeah, nobody did.

SD: Well, make sure you do another walk.

Me: Yeah, I got it.

I finish up the signs, and go through the tomatoes and find one more tomato that was "iffy."

This is sorta normal for him, but it's still annoying as hell. At least I got him to stop telling me that he had three years produce experience back in the 70's. He always bitches if someone comes in and buys and bunch of stuff without notice, and yet when we order heavy on a good ad item he freaks out and thinks we are going to be hung on it and tries to mark it down even more which causes loss income that the department head is accountable for.

I'm going postal one day. I swear.

I pump gas like that, too. Only I do because I try to get a "perfect pump" and think of it more as a game-ish thing. It's only happened three or four times this year, but im only off by 4 cents or something.

Ok, HERE'S something that pisses me off proper: GameStop.

I bought a used XBox 360 and Skate from them, and the XBox would freeze up whenever I tried to play it, so I returned the XBox. I got another one, and it worked for about an hour, then just would NOT turn on after that. I took it back, got another one. The third one works fine that night, so I'm having a ball playing Skate. The next morning, it says I need to update the console before I can play anything. I call the hotline, they give me some dumb answer about buying XBox Live, so I take it back to GameStop and ask if they can fix it, the dip shit says no, so I say, "Ok, I'll just return it then and get my money back."

He then proceeds to rip off the back, look around at it, then go over to his manager, who is a 25 year old weedy dude in a three piece suit that is WAAAAY too big for him, and covers his face with the console while they chat. They both go to the back, and five minutes later, the asshole comes back and says:

Asshole: "We can't return this because it looks like you've tampered with the warranty sticker."

Me: "What? Why would I do that? All I did was take it out of the package and play it for a little bit."

Asshole: "Hey, man, I'm sorry, but...you've had three Xbox's in three days, and NONE of them worked for longer than an hour?..." (smug little look and a shrug)

Me: "...what are you fucking implying?"

Asshole: "Nothing, man! I'm just saying..."

Me: "Just saying that I purposely fucked with these Xbox's, right? Look, I didn't do a fucking thing to them, all right? All I did was set them up, play for about four hours, and THAT'S IT."

Asshole: "...Let me talk to my manager again."

He then went to the back and came back fairly quickly, and was like, "Yeah, we can take it back...whatever..."

So I got my money back, and the dude's apologizing, and as I'm walking out, he says "Have a nice day, man." Aaaaand I flip him off. Go me. Looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have done that, but whatever. I was pissed.

Seriously...fuck GameStop.

To be honest, I wouldn't have taken your Xbox back either, it worked fine. You just had to download a update for your console. Which most likey just required you to sign up for Xbox Live Silver, which is the free verison of Xbox Live. So you pretty much went through all that for nothing.

To be honest, I wouldn't have taken your Xbox back either, it worked fine. You just had to download a update for your console. Which most likey just required you to sign up for Xbox Live Silver, which is the free verison of Xbox Live. So you pretty much went through all that for nothing.

Yeah, I know that's all I had to do. That's not the point here. It was the fifth day of me having to deal with those people, and the third because of an XBox 360, so I was just over it. He wasn't denying the return because it worked "fine," either. He was denying the sale because of some bullshit reason about the warranty sticker looking like it had been tampered with or something stupid like that.

So, yeah.

I mean, looking back on it, I probably coulda handled it more gracefully, but...yeah. Whatever, I'll just save up and get a new one anyway.

I work at a full service station and naturally I only do it if someone is paying cash. But a guy I work with does it regardless. I've told/asked him a couple of times about it and he just shrugs. FUCKKKKKKKK!

I do that because I get reward points for every dollar I spend. So, if I spend $50 and $51, I get more points than if I spend $50.50 twice.

bob_barron

People who post in lower case. Use a shift button, assholes.

Seriously though, I agree.

Point Venkman. I've thought of changing my username to wnyxmcneal for the longest time, but also hate change.

but for IMs and message boards and informal communications, I don't bother.

It just makes you come off as so stupid, and to me, invalidates any point you make.

I'm a shitty typist as it is, and half the time when I DO try to do caps, I seem to be too retardedly uncoordinated to get the shift and letter keys in the right order or whatnot, and i end up going back to fix a shitonne of lower-case-but-should-be-upper-case-I-used-the-fucking-shift-wtf.

I'm really uncoordinated, but I am able to type without looking at the keyboard, which makes things easier.

I do, however, try to use caps for proper nouns.

Yet you can't capitalise I?

I hate when people get anal about shit like that. Don't you have any real drama to deal with?

It becomes annoying to read

bob_barron

People who post in lower case. Use a shift button, assholes.

Seriously though, I agree.

To be fair, you do have to use the shift button for the underscore.

but for IMs and message boards and informal communications, I don't bother.

It just makes you come off as so stupid, and to me, invalidates any point you make.

I'm a shitty typist as it is, and half the time when I DO try to do caps, I seem to be too retardedly uncoordinated to get the shift and letter keys in the right order or whatnot, and i end up going back to fix a shitonne of lower-case-but-should-be-upper-case-I-used-the-fucking-shift-wtf.

I'm really uncoordinated, but I am able to type without looking at the keyboard, which makes things easier.

I do, however, try to use caps for proper nouns.

Yet you can't capitalise I?

I hate when people get anal about shit like that. Don't you have any real drama to deal with?

It becomes annoying to read

yes, you're better than me, i get that, good greif.