TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Guest Smues
I hate it when your boss gives you a giant (and I mean GIANT) stack of expense reports from 2007 and an excel file with 349 questions from a client auditor about said expense reports and then asks you if you can have all of the questions answered by end of the day Thursday.

Yeah, sure, dipshit. Sorting through this giant pile of paper in search of a receipt for a $45 lunch on May 13 of last year and then repeating that process 348 more times before Thursday won't be a problem at all...

FUCK!

Fear the almighty auditors!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The fuck kind of brand name is 5 Gum?

Dumb product. Their commercials are gay as fuck, too.

moved from here: http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...079&st=4800

i hate assumptive double standards.

"It's my genetics" is the biggest copout of all time for an obese person.

Yeah - your genetics left you "PRONE" (key fucking word) to being obese. If you have those genes then you don't even have to pig out to put on the pounds so you have two choices 1) fuck it - I'll eat like everyone with good genetics does and just cry about it later or 2) eat right and work out every day of your life so that it's not a diet but a lifestyle and look just as good if not better than other people... because genetics for adding fat usually include the added benefit of packing on lean mass very easily.

Unless you have a thyroid condition there's really no excuse for being a deuce and a half that doesn't include the word lazy.

or 3) i could eat like a normal person, get my walk on every day, and accept myself for what i am.

actually, i do know why it's a touchy subject for me. being fat isn't the issue. see, look, i call myself fat. fatty fat fat. i have the balls to post pictures of myself on the internet of how i actually look, not all myspace angles and artful cropping... because i am fat. i don't lie.

the "omgstopeatingyoupig" thing... that's an issue. it is a lie and a double standard. when my daily intake of food is a can of spaghetti o's, a bag of microwave popcorn, three cups of coffee and several litres of water (yesterday's tasty menu, an obvious huge amount of food, no?) then yeah, that double standard does bother me.

i realize what i've set myself up for here, but i don't really care. someone has to say it.

You could do without the bag of microwave popcorn.

I don't know what you said there, besides proving what Mik said right.

Mik "Fat people have genetics that require them to go on a healthy diet/exercise routine every day of their life if they want to look good."

You "I eat like a normal person!!!"

Didn't you see where he said your genetics may require you to do some extra work, but it's still your fault if you don't?

Guest Vitamin X

Spaghetti O's and microwave popcorn have a pretty spectacular high hidden amount of calories, and it's all processed bullshit anyways. Why subject your body to that?

Being fat IS a choice.

Spaghetti O's and microwave popcorn have a pretty spectacular high hidden amount of calories, and it's all processed bullshit anyways. Why subject your body to that?

Being fat IS a choice.

Yeah, while you aren't intaking alot of food what little you are eating has a ton of calories. And actually to a point your amount of food could be leading to your weight, since it's not a lot of food your body could be reacting to a famine, and when you do eat more it's turning the extra calories into fat because it's worried that you won't have food for awhile, and you'll need the extra calories to live.

That's irony that is.

Hey bob_barron, if it bothers you so much when people don't use the shift key, why is your name all in lower case?

answer. it's really bothering me that you bitch at everyone for this but don't even use caps in your own name.

This was already discussed a few pages back

It was pointless blather then too. Back to Tiaga's non-existent eating disorder.

I do kinda see her point though in one area: the people who mock fat people. Huh? Isn't just being fat bad enough? Especially when the attackers seem to take this attitude like they're the first people to let this person know that they're overweight. Or when people seem to take others' fatness as some kind of personal insult. Getting outraged and disgusted because someone else is fat? That's up there near Jehova's Witnesses in terms of tirelessly spreading a message that will only piss off the people you're trying to preach to.

I do kinda see her point though in one area: the people who mock fat people. Huh? Isn't just being fat bad enough? Especially when the attackers seem to take this attitude like they're the first people to let this person know that they're overweight. Or when people seem to take others' fatness as some kind of personal insult. Getting outraged and disgusted because someone else is fat? That's up there near Jehova's Witnesses in terms of tirelessly spreading a message that will only piss off the people you're trying to preach to.

I don't get upset with other people being fat, but I also don't feel bad making fun of fat people, because their appearance is their own fault. Sometimes mocking people is the best way to get them to change.

That's a good way to get yourself killed. You know I could hate every single human being on the planet for something that's their own fault.

That's a good way to get yourself killed. You know I could hate every single human being on the planet for something that's their own fault.

I already said that I don't hate fat people. But if a fat person is pissing me off, and I bring up their weight in anger, I don't usually feel bad about it afterwards.

Well you shouldn't feel bad about bringing up anything in anger, I'm just saying that "it's their own fault" is not what I would consider to be an acceptable standard for why it's ok to mock someone.

I'm gonna bitch about retail now, yet again. This time about acts of co-workers, though.

I fucking detest shelf stuffing. Always have. For example, if we're out of Product A, don't put a few extra of Product B in A's spot. This results in one of two problems.

One, Product A's shelf label is not removed on the grounds that more will come in sooner or later. If several of Product B are in that spot but are a different price, we're handcuffed to sell it for the price of Product A. Or, the shelf label is removed, and then no one can remember what was initially in that spot, enabling a vicious cycle. I'd remember what was there, but I'm like the Spongebob Squarepants of Wal*Mart. Come to think of it, my remembering what goes where shouldn't be that monumental a feat; I'm sure there's a few that fall through the cracks, but for the stuff I can't recall specifically, I at least can ballpark it. If I spend 15 or 20 minutes elapsed over an eight-hour shift in each aisle or section.....guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What prompted this rant? Well, I'd always hated it, but it was really brought to light Thursday morning when I came to work. Because the store is grossly shortstaffed, Electronics has about ten skids of stock that the inventory team hasn't punched into the system, and no one has stocked. So even though we know exactly what's there, we're encouraged to not put it on the shelf. A bigwig was coming to visit Friday morning (about a week after every mod layout changed), so the interim store manager rounded up about five other employees and told them "Just fill the shelves any way you can". Now, I don't mean to pat myself on the back, but even though I'm Connection Centre (and not electronics any longer), I always help them out. I re-did the TV, Home Theatre, and AV Accessories layout for them....and it's all pretty well been undone. Nothing is in the proper spot, which trivializes the ten or eleven hours of work I did to help them out. We now have SIX facings of 25-foot RG6 cable, but in doing so, spots were eliminated for three universal remotes and composite cables, both of which sell like hotcakes.

Groaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Hey, that feels better.

Along with CG's rant. I'll pop in that I have to argue with my Store Director at least three times a week because he'll come over and face things up incorrectly.

Mainly the Salad Kits(which have croutons/dressings packed in with them) over with the regular salad bags. On top of that, our Produce Division Leader has told us to leave a hole even if something sells out so we can do a more accurate order.

SD: I worked produce for three years I know what I'm doing.

Me: Fine, I'll call Darren and have him explain it to you... again.

SD: We look like shit if I don't do this.

*I just turn and head to the phone and the SD tells me to forget about it*

Also he bitches at me about signing the hourly sweep sheet we have to sign stating our floor is clear of spills and shit, when my signature is the only on it.

Yeah, but he is fucking us over by putting the wrong product in the wrong spots causing us to lose money. And they bitch about sales, and if sales are down corporate takes the axe to our labor, which causes me to lose hours.

It's the trickle down from Hell effect.

Yeah, but he is fucking us over by putting the wrong product in the wrong spots causing us to lose money. And they bitch about sales, and if sales are down corporate takes the axe to our labor, which causes me to lose hours.

It's the trickle down from Hell effect.

This was definitely the case when I was hourly. Now, I've developed such a pride in my work that it's embarassing to have empty shelves needlessly, or to have to run to the stockroom six or seven times a day for something, etc. I'm just very anal about my department, I guess.

Remember when I said that people who blast their woofers in front of my house annoy the shit out of me? I think some guys car just broke down right in the street because of that. Sort of, looked like some shit just came off his car.

One of the funniest things that happened during a basketball game when I was in high school was the High School Drill Team blowing the speakers out, and the PA announcer doing the rest of the game through a mega phone.

That had little at all to do with what you were talking about aside from the speakers blowing out, but I'm tired.

I was just at PetCo getting a new light for my fish tank, and I saw the biggest upper class suburbanite cliche ever:

Mom with fake tits and collagen filled lips, two little daughters; one carrying a stupid Chihuahua and the other wearing horse riding gear, buying sweaters for said dog. When they left, they got into a HUGE white hummer that had a mechanical step for the mom that retracted once she got in, with the license plate that said "MYHMMR."

Fucking Los Gatos. All this scenario needed was a middle aged husband with frosted hair and a blue tooth ear piece talking to some "high power associates." It didn't really piss me off as much as bum me out that these kind of people actually exist. And THEY are the ones voting for wether or not the town gets a skatepark. Faaaaantastic.

I was just at PetCo getting a new light for my fish tank, and I saw the biggest upper class suburbanite cliche ever:

Mom with fake tits and collagen filled lips, two little daughters; one carrying a stupid Chihuahua and the other wearing horse riding gear, buying sweaters for said dog. When they left, they got into a HUGE white hummer that had a mechanical step for the mom that retracted once she got in, with the license plate that said "MYHMMR."

Fucking Los Gatos. All this scenario needed was a middle aged husband with frosted hair and a blue tooth ear piece talking to some "high power associates." It didn't really piss me off as much as bum me out that these kind of people actually exist. And THEY are the ones voting for wether or not the town gets a skatepark. Faaaaantastic.

those people make me glad that critical mass exists, and i hate critical mass.