TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread - September/19th/2006.

Kidman should've told Shannon Moore that bulking up hurts your wrestling ability. He used to always put on good matches when he was in 3 Count. Seems like Eddie was the only cruiserweight that could bulk up and still be a good as he was when he was smaller.

Honestly I almost refused to tune in to this show tonight. I think it was due to the spoilers. What does it say when a show has some of my all time favorite wrestlers (RVD, Sabu, etc.) and I find it a chore to watch?

One reason is I am simply sick and fucking tired of these crossovers. I wouldn't have a problem if it was actually GOING SOMEWHERE. But it doesn't, it's just random Raw/SD guest star of the week that doesn't lead to any actual ECW crossover stuff on another show, but just serves as some lame attempt to draw a few extra viewers when if anything it pisses off the actual viewership. If they actually did an ECW/SD crossover feud with guys invading each show (which makes sense given the struggling nature of both shows), that would make sense and likely get over.

Tonight finally crossed over the line. Until now they hadn't actually jobbed an ECW guy to these guests. Add to it the real ECW guys struggle to beat the Heat and Velocity likes of Test, Matt Striker, and Bob Holly.

Styles mentioned the various roadblocks that Heyman has put in RVD's path to the title. Why does RVD simply go along with this? Why does he not just say "Holly, let's do an extreme rules match" and then beat him bloody? There's no "there" there in this feud. We all know Holly isn't anywhere near RVD's level and there's no amount of jobbing Van Dam out to him that would change anyone's mind. So just book an extreme match, have RVD slaughter him, and then RVD says "Fuck this, I want the Big Show and the title and I want it NOW!" But since there is no PPV until December we get a bunch of placeholder snoozer feuds.

Kidman should've told Shannon Moore that bulking up hurts your wrestling ability. He used to always put on good matches when he was in 3 Count. Seems like Eddie was the only cruiserweight that could bulk up and still be a good as he was when he was smaller.

Benoit, Danielson and The Briscoes, are just some that maintained, if not improved upon after bulking up.

Benoit, Danielson and The Briscoes, are just some that maintained, if not improved upon after bulking up.

What about Mysterio?

Meltz had a schedule for the next many weeks of ECW tapings - I forget all of it now, but there were few, if any, live dates.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, September/26th/2006 - LIVE.

WWE Raw & ECW on Sci-Fi Taping - Monday, October/2nd/2006.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/3rd/2006 - Taped the night before, (October 2nd), with Raw.

WWE Smackdown & ECW on Sci-Fi Taping - Tuesday, October/3rd/2006.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/10th/2006 - Taped the week before, (October 3rd), with Smackdown.

WWE Smackdown & ECW on Sci-Fi Taping - Tuesday, October/10th/2006.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/17th/2006 - Taped the week before, (October 10th), with Smackdown.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/24th/2006 - LIVE.

WWE Raw & ECW on Sci-Fi Taping - Monday, October/30th/2006.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/31st/2006 - Taped the night before, (October 30th), with Raw.

Then there's the annual oversea tours between October - December, which will interfere with the live shows again.

I don't think Rey is even close to as good as he when back then.

While Rey isn't as spectacular as he once was (this is moreso because of the knee injury, which was pre-bulk), he still an exceptional performer and I believe since becoming more grounded, he has gained more versatility in his performences.

A really good example of a CW improving with increased bulk is CM Punk. While his most renowned matches (The Joe triology and Hero series) occured during his string-bean stage, he has improved greatly as a regular worker beyond just his usual mental intelligence and spotty nature that he once depended on in the past.

Meltz had a schedule for the next many weeks of ECW tapings - I forget all of it now' date=' but there were few, if any, live dates.[/quote']

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, September/26th/2006 - LIVE.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/3rd/2006 - LIVE.

WWE Raw & ECW on Sci-Fi Taping - Monday, October/9th/2006.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/10th/2006 - Taped the night before, (October 9th), with Raw.

WWE Smackdown & ECW on Sci-Fi Taping - Tuesday, October/10th/2006.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/17th/2006 - Taped the week before, (October 10th), with Smackdown.

ECW on Sci-Fi - Tuesday, October/24th/2006 - LIVE.

Then there's the usual British tour, from November 8th - November 15th which will interfere with the live shows again.

[/quote

Why don't they have as many live shows?

While Rey isn't as spectacular as he once was (this is moreso because of the knee injury, which was pre-bulk), he still an exceptional performer and I believe since becoming more grounded, he has gained more versatility in his performences.

A really good example of a CW improving with increased bulk is CM Punk. While his most renowned matches (The Joe triology and Hero series) occured during his string-bean stage, he has improved greatly as a regular worker beyond just his usual mental intelligence and spotty nature that he once depended on in the past.

I agree with that. I think Chavo has really suffered from the bulking up. I understand though that they (Eddie, Benoit, Rey, etc) didn't have a choice but to bulk up in the WWE if they wanted to be main eventers.

Why don't they have as many live shows?

Mexico Tour: September 20th - September 23rd.

Japan Tour: October 18th - October 19th.

Philippines Tour: October 21st - October 22nd.

European Tour (UK, Ireland, Italy, & Germany): November 8th - November 15th.

European Tour (Portugal, Spain, & Switzerland): December 4th - December 8th.

I agree with that. I think Chavo has really suffered from the bulking up. I understand though that they (Eddie, Benoit, Rey, etc) didn't have a choice but to bulk up in the WWE if they wanted to be main eventers.

Eddie and Benoit, were each bulking up long before WWE ever knocked on their door (or, they knocked on WWE's door).

I got a weird Von Erich esqe vibe from Dupree in that promo, but I'm not completely sure why.

I got a weird "what the fuck was the point of that?" vibe from that promo. At least his early ones had some meaning, that being to introduce him. This one was "last week I beat Balls Mahoney." Okay... AND?

The ECW show needs a name; people sound stupid when they say "On ECW last week..."

Still not liking the submission finish of Punk; is it an arm submission or a neck submission? Nobody sells it post-match because they just sort of clutch both so they have the bases covered.

The ECW show needs a name; people sound stupid when they say "On ECW last week..."

Still not liking the submission finish of Punk; is it an arm submission or a neck submission? Nobody sells it post-match because they just sort of clutch both so they have the bases covered.

It was always effectively put over as a neck submission, especially considering all the strikes to the head area prior to the application.

I hate how they won't even call it the anaconda vice. It's just "ITS THAT MOVE!"

What really pisses me off was how quick Credible and others are to tap out, while Moore despite being the smallest and least intimidating squirms out for almost 25 seconds before tapping.

Guest JN Silentbob

It was always effectively put over as a neck submission, especially considering all the strikes to the head area prior to the application.

I hate how they won't even call it the anaconda vice. It's just "ITS THAT MOVE!"

What really pisses me off was how quick Credible and others are to tap out, while Moore despite being the smallest and least intimidating squirms out for almost 25 seconds before tapping.

For the record, they have been calling it the Anaconda Vice. They did tonight, in fact.

The only problem I have with the move is that it looks like it should be easy to get out of. Why didn't Moore just use his free hand to poke him the eye like he did earlier in the match? Just doesn't seem all that inescapable.

I didn't get to see the show, and from what you guys are saying, I didn't miss anything. I just wish they would go back to the old school ECW rules, and have everything be extreme rules.

I'm sick of these DQ finishes and all of that crap.

And if they don't want to do the whole fed like that, which I can understand, why not make the ECW title defended under extreme rules? I mean, it is the ECW title for fuck sake.

It's not that every match needs to be extreme, but just don't do the DQs. You have a 6 man tag with a storyline that Sandman is hurt mid match....you're telling me he can't feign a concussion and do a job there? Or just job out Mike Knox?

I distinctly remember them not calling it the Anaconda Vice in his debut match against Justin Credible.

They defintely called it in their rematch, though.

Tazz was acting stupid in the generic WWE standard way by saying "WOW WHAT A MOVE!" refusing to use technical terms for the moves. If Monsoon was still alive he would say that the move put a strain on such and such muscle or that said move has a long deep history in Japan or something interesting instead of the generic yelling of "OMGWTFIZTHATOHHHHHHHHHIZHEGONNAYESYESYESHESTAPPEDOUT".

WWE announcing sucks.

I distinctly remember them not calling it the Anaconda Vice in his debut match against Justin Credible.

Which you didn't see, because you stopped watching after week 3.

Your bluff was called.

-1.6. The Dog: The Family Speaks show on A&E doing a 3.3, didn't help matters any.

Was that show about the family of Dog the bounty hunter speaking about his arrest?