TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Boogeyman released

Guest jac52

A dark day indeed. I thought he was awesome and they booked him ridiculously strongly (wasn't he undefeated?). He coulda been something but obviously he didn't want it bad enough.

Guest Kobe24KGold
A dark day indeed. I thought he was awesome and they booked him ridiculously strongly (wasn't he undefeated?). He coulda been something but obviously he didn't want it bad enough.

Because getting your front teeth pulled out to honor the gimmick and eating worms on TV AND off TV to keep kayfabe alive means he didn't want it bad enough.

Because getting your front teeth pulled out to honor the gimmick and eating worms on TV AND off TV to keep kayfabe alive means he didn't want it bad enough.

He didn't have them pulled out. They were knocked out while he was in OVW training in mid-2005.

Burchill was released?

Nope, he is in OVW, recovering from surgey.

I don't get why Johnny Nitro would fear for his job security aswell, considering the WWE is building him up to be a future main eventer.

He is a joke gimmick with no interview skills at all.

Burchill was released?

I don't get why Johnny Nitro would fear for his job security aswell, considering the WWE is building him up to be a future main eventer.

He is a joke gimmick with no interview skills at all.

He's not nessecary a joke gimmick.

Looking at the way he's getting pushed, I really doubt the WWE are even thinking of releasing him.

God, where is the logic? He gets injured in March/April, they keep him around, promote his return, and then drop him. I understand not letting him go when he got injured, because it happened to Test, but to release him when he's back to active status is crazy.

Oh well, at least he's undefeated at Wrestlemania

Him and The Red Rooster.

From PWInsider:

WWE posted the following today on their website: "WWE has come to terms on the release of Boogeyman (Marty Wright) as of today 9/20/06. We wish Marty the best in all future endeavors."

Wright had been out rehabbing leg injuries and was close to being ready to return to action when he was released. Management hadn't been happy with his commitment to return to action with the feeling being that he was doing the bare minimum to get back in shape. There were also issues with him not checking in with the doctors when he was supposed to. He was warned a few times and when he didn't change his behavior, he was let go.

He gets in trouble for that and gets released but yet Randy fucking Orton is still employed!

Yeah, seriously. The fact they fired Boogeyman for that meanwhile Randy Orton still has a job despite all of the dumb fucking shit that idiot has done in the last year shows you that there is a very skewed agenda in WWE.

Yeah, seriously. The fact they fired Boogeyman for that meanwhile Randy Orton still has a job despite all of the dumb fucking shit that idiot has done in the last year shows you that there is a very skewed agenda in WWE.

No, Randy Orton would be a huge acquisition in TNA. The Boogeyman wouldn't be. Orton has star power outside of the WWE (in terms of pro wrestling), the Boogeyman does not. That is why Randy Orton is still employed (one of the reasons)--he's too big to just be let go.

Guest Overworked

Well he can always stay in wrestling, hook up with Charlies Wright in the indis somewhere and they can be the Boogeyman and Papa Shango.

wouldnt necessarly be bad for those annual constant reunion events where the older wrestlers mix in matches with the younger indi kids.

No, Randy Orton would be a huge acquisition in TNA. The Boogeyman wouldn't be. Orton has star power outside of the WWE (in terms of pro wrestling), the Boogeyman does not. That is why Randy Orton is still employed (one of the reasons)--he's too big to just be let go.

Actually I would think that the non-WWE fans would chew Orton alive and wouldn't draw much.

Guest Kobe24KGold

they were real worms???

Yes

I don't think Marty Wright worked out as much because he got most of his dietary supplements, namely protein, from worms. Marty was said to be very jubilant for discovering a new-age way to infuse his body with worms which have an effect equal to that of steroids and Steven Seagal's energy drink, combined.

However, unbenownst to him until it was too late, ringworm is detectable using medical technology. That's why Marty was reluctant to make his scheduled Doctor's appointments. Plus, cycling worms can be trickier than cycling steroids.

Well he can always stay in wrestling, hook up with Charlies Wright in the indis somewhere and they can be the Boogeyman and Papa Shango.

wouldnt necessarly be bad for those annual constant reunion events where the older wrestlers mix in matches with the younger indi kids.

Charles Wright retired from wrestling and now owns a strip club in Las Vegas.

Guest Overworked

Charles Wright retired from wrestling and now owns a strip club in Las Vegas.

In that case, he can be a bouncer.

I'm not going to shed a tear for him. I never want to see someone lose their job but I just don't care for the gimmic. I thought the gimmic was stupid and he couldn't wrestle. I'm not a indless drone that likes everything Vince puts on TV. I cheer for people if they have talent, not because they are feuding with anyone specific.

He couldn't wrestle, his promos were weak and I just coudn't stand him. I thought the whole eating worms thing was disgusting. I never understood why he was pushed so hard for someone whose matches were no longer then 3 minutes and he didn't even do 4 moves. He was a weak character that got over with a stupid gimmic. Whenever he came on TV the channel in my house was changed to something else.

Burchill was released?

The only really negative thing that I can say about Johnny Nitro is that he is god awful on the mic. Give him some time to develop in that area and I bet he could be a great star.

Maybe WWE should focus on hiring guys who can actually wrestle, rather than big impressive looking guys who can't work. I mean, look at their track record in the last couple years with big men who they just end of firing anyway.

Kinda dumb move, as Halloween is coming up lol but we all know that this gimmick didnt have a lot of lasting power. I mean he was very over so it worked out ok for him, but he is an older guy and not very skilled in the ring. At least he can say he had a succesfull if short run and beat 2 former (and future) world champions at big PPVs. Plus he performed a miracoulous succesful mole removal for Jillian despite the growth being linked to main arteries and such (she said that herself in her first month on sd with mnm)

I always thought it weird that they kicked him out of TE for lying about his age, then immediately signed him. To think he made a bigger impact then the guy who won the event is very odd no? and the runner up is the only guy still in wwe (Miz)

oh well, he didnt go to the doctor so he gets canned (maybe he forgot since he broke all the clocks in his house?) and the reign of Terror for Randy continues

oh well hell be the star of my GM mode when sd vs raw 07 comes out :D

(and dont think more people in the game wont be fired by release time)

they were real worms???

Yes

I don't think Marty Wright worked out as much because he got most of his dietary supplements, namely protein, from worms. Marty was said to be very jubilant for discovering a new-age way to infuse his body with worms which have an effect equal to that of steroids and Steven Seagal's energy drink, combined.

However, unbenownst to him until it was too late, ringworm is detectable using medical technology. That's why Marty was reluctant to make his scheduled Doctor's appointments. Plus, cycling worms can be trickier than cycling steroids.

Could you imagine his dentist visit's for the very few teeth he has left.

Boogeyman: Hey Doc, can you figure out what I had for lunch today?

(I'm not good at bringing the funny stuff like Rando is yet, thats all I got for now.)