TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

Yeah, in Pam's mind. But in Jim's? I don't know- seems like it could go either way, especially with no clear idea of Jim/Karen.

Jim butchered the interview and went back to Scranton for her.

It's a date

that ryan hire makes no sense at all. why would they choose someone to be a corporate manager who hasn't even made a sale in the job he's had for almost a year?

the pam/jim moment right before the credits is the most perfect thing they've ever done. i will totally admit that my eyes welled up, and i haven't done that with a tv show since the final episode of 'the wonder years', and that was when i was eleven. that should've been the end of the series, i don't see how they're ever going to top that.

i thought overall the episode was pretty indicative of the third season in general: really funny, but sort of pandering in a soap-opera way and way too much going on at once.

Ryan does have a MBA which is more than what Michael (who honestly, besides Jim who threw the interview like Bob said, was the best man for the job) could claim. Plus Ryan is the kind of guy who COULD be there for the long haul, being a young guy with a lot of years ahead of him.

Dwight: Don’t you want to earn Shrute bucks?

Stanley: No. In fact, I’ll give you a billion Stanley nickels if you never talk to me again.

Dwight: What’s the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?

Stanley: Same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

That was collector :)

And the ending was great too, Jenna Fischer is lovely

That Ryan hire makes no sense at all. Why would they choose someone to be a corporate manager who hasn't even made a sale in the job he's had for almost a year?

Ryan has an MBA and knows a lot about business and the other three dogged their interviews. It makes perfect sense.

To agree with everyone else, Ryan pwning Kelly at the end was great. Probably got the biggest laugh out of me all season.

Creed's had some of his best stuff in the last two episodes, and Stanley was great as well.

I hate the suck season of tv. I already want my favorite shows back on

Dwight: Don’t you want to earn Shrute bucks?

Stanley: No. In fact, I’ll give you a billion Stanley nickels if you never talk to me again.

Dwight: What’s the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?

Stanley: Same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

That had me laughing the most.

That Ryan hire makes no sense at all. Why would they choose someone to be a corporate manager who hasn't even made a sale in the job he's had for almost a year?

Ryan has an MBA and knows a lot about business and the other three dogged their interviews. It makes perfect sense.

No way. It was a funny twist but it doesn't make "perfect sense". Since when do companies give executive jobs to people in there twenties with no experience?

Good episode to an inconsistent season. I personally don't think this show has more than two seasons left in it, as the main storyline has no where to go and will become redundant.

They gave him an executive job because he was young. And he knows a lot about the business side of the company, as evidenced by the episode where Michael went to school

But he still can't make a sale.

I know a lot about soccer, but I'm not very good. I shouldn't be playing for A.C Milan just because I know a lot.

Ryan likely got the job because.....

- He was a temp who transitioned to full-time employee under the leadership of one of the biggest dipshits in the company

- Managed to hold down the job while going to business school

- Passed business school and attained MBA

- Has shown critical thinking about the way the company is run (see: Business School presentation)

- Still didn't quit Dunder Mifflin, even though all the signs were there that he should have.

And this is all in the span of two or so years. If Jim had shown some motivation instead of being forced into the position he was in he likely would've got the job.

But he still can't make a sale.

I know a lot about soccer, but I'm not very good. I shouldn't be playing for A.C Milan just because I know a lot.

He was never trained to be a salesman, and shouldn't have been made one in the first place. If anything that just shows another reason why Michael shouldn't have gotten the job.

He's better at the business side of the company, which is why he was fired.

He still is too young and I am sure there are better candidates out there.

But you are too stubborn so think whatever you please.

I just think he is too young to have that job and the fact he couldn't make a sale doesn't help.

But whatever, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

Guest George's Box
Wonder if BJ is staying full time on the show and making random Jan like appearances or what

I'm guessing that he'll be pretty much written out and Ed Helms will take his place as one of the five principal characters.

Oh, and it was funny that he got the job and broke up with Kelly, but it didn't make a great deal of sense since he's pretty incompetent.

No way will the Ryan character be written out. He'll take Jan's place as the person from corporate that pops in now and then to lord over Michael. He'll probably be a royal douche about it as well.

And Mole, Ryan's hiring makes perfect sense. Wallace told Michael "We're going to go in a different direction" and hiring a younger guy with fresh ideas is something a real business would do if they wanted to go that way.

Edited by KingPK

My sister is finishing up her MBA and because of it has immediately lined up a high up exec job at Target (or the corporation that owns Target stores, whatever). Ryan's a little young, but that's the only conceit, I have no problem believing that an MBA got the job.

And Mole, Ryan's hiring makes perfect sense. Wallace told Michael "We're going to go in a different direction" and hiring a younger guy with fresh ideas is something a real business would do if they wanted to go that way.

OHHH, that is right. I forgot what Wallace said. It does make sense.

Though, I can see a storyline where Ryan fucks up.

I could see them doing one better and having Ryan be back at Scranton when the new season starts up due to him royally blowing his job @ corporate.

They won't because they know the Howard fans out there crave Ryan being a total cockface to Michael but it's not impossible that it could occur.

I could see them doing one better and having Ryan be back at Scranton when the new season starts up due to him royally blowing his job @ corporate.

They won't because they know the Howard fans out there crave Ryan being a total cockface to Michael but it's not impossible that it could occur.

Ryan will fuck it up, that's for sure. This seems to be a false ride up to the top for an "unlikable" guy before the inevitable crash. The viewers will, however, get the benefit of strapping in for the ride.

Guys, it makes perfect sense. It's been stated and made obvious that Dunder-Mifflin is a fairly troubled company that is in transition. It makes sense to bring in someone young with new ideas in a situation like that, not just promote another drone who happens to have a few years under the belt.

Watching my tape of the finale, I noticed a funny little "Pay close attention and you'll get it" joke with Dwight treating Big League Chew like it is actual chaw, including using the "World's Best Boss" mug as a spitoon.