TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

I bought The Office s3 (Nifty Gifty edition w/screenplay, bonus disc, and special packaging) at Target earlier today, and by using one of the $5 off $25+ coupons it ended up being the same price as the normal version. I also used one of the coupons for 30 Rock s1. :)

UGH, I didn't have time to get it today.

How long will they be available???

EDIT: AND WE GET A SCHRUTE BUCK?? Ohhh fuck yeah.

These store exclusives can sell out the day of release, so if you didn't buy it today there's a chance that you wont be able to get one. As a matter of fact, it's already sold out on the Best Buy website.

As for the Schrute Buck, I'm pretty sure it isn't an actual individual item, and is instead just what the inside of the top of the box looks like.

Since I already have a normal-sized Dwight bobblehead I passed on the Best Buy set so I could get the Target set instead. I love bonus discs, the packaging is pretty cool, and the screenplay for Gay Witch Hunt is great.

For a second I considered buying both exclusive sets - had I done so I would've kept all of the Target exclusive, sold the sealed DVD set in the Best Buy exclusive box, and simply keep the Target set inside the Best Buy set. But meh, I don't need a big box like that taking up any more space I don't guess.

It sure was tempting to do though. :)

FUCK. I really wanted a Dundie.

And isn't there someone coming back for season 4 that we thought was gone?

I think it might be Devin (sp?).

FYE has a $10 mail-in rebate with purchase of Season 3, so you basically end up paying just $25 for it. I got the same offer with Heroes.

EDIT: They certainly bust on Jenna's back injury a lot in the commentaries, don't they?

Edited by KingPK

After a big contract dispute with iTunes, NBC is now going to be putting its shows up for download on Amazon's Unbox: http://unbox.amazon.com. Still $1.99, though I and Mac users everywhere had a meltdown as I read:

Usage: Only available for US customers located in the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia. You can keep purchased videos on 2 PCs or TiVo DVRs and 2 portable video players at the same time.

System Requirements: Requires a Windows-based PC (XP or Vista) or a broadband-connected TiVo DVR (Series2 or Series3).

Fuck, NBC.

From Jenna myspace.

We (James and Jenna) need to announce that we have chosen to separate. We are sorry for any pain this causes family and friends. The enthusiasm we have expressed for each other's lives, spirits, and careers is real – we have been each other's cheerleader and friend during the past six years and continue to be so now and in the future.

And a special note for our MySpace fans – We appreciate your support over the years, and would be overjoyed to have you continue supporting us both. You might be tempted to make one of us "feel better" by putting the other one down in a post. Please don't – we still have the utmost respect for one another, and we'd have to delete you. We aren't taking questions or doing interviews about this particular aspect of our lives. We're also avoiding reading any press on the subject, so don't send us any clippings or links about the split. Thank you in advance for respecting our privacy.

Yeah, too much of a bummer.

Stuff I love on the DVD so far:

"Safety Training" and "Women's Appreciation" commentaries. The other ones I've heard, "The Coup" and "Initiation," weren't especially good.

The deleted scene from "Diwali" where Jan slips about Kelly being Muslim and backtracks like a mad woman. Amazing.

The blooper reel. Obviously.

James Gunn

Directed - Tromeo and Juliet, Slither

Wrote - Tromeo and Juliet, Terror Firmer, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo 2, Dawn of the Dead, Slither

I believe they are actually married, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I know that they've been together for years though.

James? Who was her boyfriend?

James Gunn. He's awesome.

They've been married since 2000. They always seemed like an odd couple given that she's Jenna Fischer and he's a weird twisted fuck who sits at home and writes all day. Not too surprised about it, but still sad.

James? Who was her boyfriend?

James Gunn. He's awesome.

They've been married since 2000. They always seemed like an odd couple given that she's Jenna Fischer and he's a weird twisted fuck who sits at home and writes all day. Not too surprised about it, but still sad.

Sadly that's why I knew once she broke out as Pam on The Office that marriage wouldn't last. *Waits for the fanfics to start up about John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer...*

I got season 3 as a present today and I am pumped. I held off on buying it so I could get it for free.

I didn't get the Best Buy edition, but I can always get a Dundie or a Dwight Bobble Head some other time. I just want me some Office.

EDIT: There wasn't a cold opening for the "Traveling Salesmen/The Return?" That is odd. I don't remember that.

It was originally the Harvey scene. I think they took it out because it starts playing on the menu for disc 3. And it's also in the deleted scenes.

I do like the recut, combined version of that episode though. The thing about Pam winning the art show is really cute, especially when she brings up the picture on Google Image Search, clicks "see full-size image," and it's the exact same size.

Now that I've seen all the commentaries: "Safety Training" was far and away my favorite, while "Beach Games" and "TS/TR" were runners up. Most annoying commentators: Melora Hardin (of course) and Stanley the Manley, because all he did was narrate the scenes. What was the point of Krasinski being on them though? He hardly says anything.

I was sad to see they cut a lot of Ryan/Kelly stuff, especially because it's SO DAMN GOOD. The scene from "Benihana Christmas" (Don't dump me when I'm in the dumpster!) is amazing.

To anyone who got Season 3 at Target. Was the fifth disc available in the standard packaging or only in the nifty gifty set?

It's only in the Nifty Gifty set.

Also, I just noticed that the Best Buy set is already going for $70 on eBay.

Ugh, so I was hanging out with this girl from Russia (who is friends with my friend Kobi) and she asked what TV shows I like. First one I said was the Office and she went off on how bad it was.

Me: "Let me guess, you like Friends?"

Her: "Yeah. The Office is the bad humor while Friends is the good humor."

Me: "Yeah, I don't like to be told when to laugh."

Man, I wish they could have kept most of the deleted scenes in the episodes. 99% of them are pure gold.

(In Beach Games, during the hot dog eating contest)

MICHAEL: Come on Phyllis, just dip it in the water to make it easier to slide down your gullet.

EVERYONE (without missing a beat): That's what she said.

MICHAEL: No, no, no, no!

The amount I'm loving this DVD's deleted scenes and director's cut episodes is exaclty why I never, ever went to nbc.com after an episode. Saved it all for September!

The deleted scene where Michael gave someone (Creed?) a Bob Marley t-shirt and said "they love Milli Vanilli in Jamaica" had me laughing out loud for about 2 minutes. Seriously.

For the profitability of the series, it's awesome that's it's on network TV, but sometimes with the amount of deleted scenes you just think, "Wow, this show could be even BETTER has a 30 minute no commercial series on HBO". Plus Andy would have been allowed to actually swear when he goes nuts (not that I'm saying The Office would be awesome if everyone cursed all the time).

I think the "Love you Long Tim" cold opening is too strong to be thrown into deleted scenes for the director's recut of Traveling Salesmen / The Return, but overall I really do like the recut version. It was funny watching the DC of Branch Closing and seeing two sub-plots I remembered absolutely nothing about (Creed selling things and Meridith searching for the guy she made a sex pact with), then realizing they were added in... or I really did forget about them.

I had also just marathoned Season 2 before starting Season 3, it was interesting to catch things that wereS2 references I didn't catch the first time (Michael's sugar crash from the pretzel was alluded to in the Birthday episode when Jim notes Michael has previously eaten his cake, ran around, and fallen asleep from a sugar crash and Michael saying "win, win, win" - the best possible resolution from "Conflict Resolution" - after getting his raise, to name two).

From Jenna myspace.

We (James and Jenna) need to announce that we have chosen to separate. We are sorry for any pain this causes family and friends. The enthusiasm we have expressed for each other's lives, spirits, and careers is real – we have been each other's cheerleader and friend during the past six years and continue to be so now and in the future.

And a special note for our MySpace fans – We appreciate your support over the years, and would be overjoyed to have you continue supporting us both. You might be tempted to make one of us "feel better" by putting the other one down in a post. Please don't – we still have the utmost respect for one another, and we'd have to delete you. We aren't taking questions or doing interviews about this particular aspect of our lives. We're also avoiding reading any press on the subject, so don't send us any clippings or links about the split. Thank you in advance for respecting our privacy.

Just finding out about this... hmmm....

/looks at his own signature

Now all that I have to do is become single myself. ;)

Man, I wish they could have kept most of the deleted scenes in the episodes. 99% of them are pure gold.

(In Beach Games, during the hot dog eating contest)

MICHAEL: Come on Phyllis, just dip it in the water to make it easier to slide down your gullet.

EVERYONE (without missing a beat): That's what she said.

MICHAEL: No, no, no, no!

In one of the commentaries, they said that was improved.

Guest Tsukuyomi

Easily, the best deleted scene is Creed trying to play hardball with Shrutebucks in the season finale. That was BEYOND brilliant.

I like Melora's enthusiasm in the commentaries, and also hate it.

Jenna: Listen to this great line coming up.

Melora: Rabblerabblerabblerabble.