TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Yeah, that's a terrible, terrible twist. That, and having Papa Petrelli show up, reminds me of the 6th season of 24, when suddenly a character from a previous season was Jack Bauer's seditious brother. Oh, and then Jack Bauer's dad got involved. There were a ton of ways to get Sylar to trust and be protective of Mama Petrelli that were less trite than "oh you're mah mom."

I gotta be honest here, gang, I'm just not feeling this whole "Sylar is the third Petrelli" thing. Everytime Sylar talks about it, I literally :rolleyes:

I still think that Mama Petrelli is lying her teeth off and will probably get the buzzsaw treatment when Sylar finds out. I can see the confrontation now..

Sylar: You're my father, how could you do this?

Arthur: What? I'm not your father. And that woman ain't your mother...

Sylar: Oh. Well, then... You have an interesting power. I wonder how it works.

If Papa P has Peter's powers.. could one assume he now has Sylar's ability as well? (Because that's totally the vibe I got from it...)

Not a bad episode tonight. Hopefully this is the end of Maya for good.

I made the mistake of going to IMDB board for Heroes where tonight they are discussing whether or not Claire will be a virgin forever due to a regenerating hymen. Just a reminder to stay away from the IMDB boards I guess.

One can hope. Dania Ramirez is hot, but her character was doomed from the start.

With respect to Claire, there's a fairly obvious way, but for the sake of not reducing this to an IMDB forum I'm not gonna say what that is.

Anywho, I think that the odds that Suresh somehow gives Peter his powers back are pretty good.

Not sure what to think of this week. It had some pretty decent moments like Sylar coming into Pinehurst and Knox punching a hole through pseudo-Matt but overall it felt kinda fillerish. Not enough Hiro or HRG and too much of Papa Petrelli's righteous cause.

I enjoyed the episode. It's nice that they're doing something with Parkman. I know most people don't like him, but he's one of my favorites. I like both the character and the actor. I've always had a strong interest in telepathy. Glad to see he wasn't really killed by a bitch villain like Knox.

I'm glad Maya's gone, hot though she may be, and she wasn't just killed off. Sucks that Maury was nonchalantly executed, though. Elle will be dead soon, and I worry about Nathan.

Weakkkk stuff with Elle.

Either Sylar is going to kill Papa P or future Peter is going to come back in time and kill him.

I enjoyed the episode. It's nice that they're doing something with Parkman. I know most people don't like him, but he's one of my favorites. I like both the character and the actor. I've always had a strong interest in telepathy. Glad to see he wasn't really killed by a bitch villain like Knox.

I have to admit I enjoyed Glen Grunberg and Masi Oka beatboxing.

I think my main problem with Parkman comes from the writers not pacing his stories very well. I think each season he's invisible until they need to pay off a plot that requires his telepathy, so he ends up in a holding pattern for 5 eps at a time.

The thing about this show.. for me.. is that the villains are so uninteresting, aside from Arthur, IMO. You can't count Sylar because we all know he's just going to turn on Arthur - they totally telegraphed that one. But Knox and the blue fire guy? The fast chick? Sorry, but I have a hard enough time giving a shit about the "heroes" of the show, how am I supposed to care about throw away villains? I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the shock of just killing of Adam like that.. but really, when I think about it, he was probably the only interesting true villain they've given me on this show aside from Linderman.

I hear that, I don't mind the powers but the characters themselves aren't too interesting. I can only hear Knox talk about how afraid people are for so long, fire dude is being underutilized and Daphne is boring because she really isn't a villain.

Adam, in terms of powers was relatively boring but his character was fantastic and knowing this show I don't think it's set in stone that he's dead and gone for good. All it takes is Peter or Hiro going back in time to warn him that Arthur wants his powers.

The blue fire guy--Flint--is the worst. He just stands around being bald and looking like he's going to cook some bacon and eggs or something. I also wonder how Jamie Hector feels saying things like "your fear is powerin' me up!" or "I can tell you're AFRAID" every time he does a scene. What are they thinking? It's not like Nathan has to constantly say "I think it's time we flew the coop."

I enjoyed last night's episode, but if the writers were trying to actually shock or surprise people with the moments at each act break--Parkman got a hole in his gut! Peter got thrown out a window!--they failed pretty badly. The "twists" in both instances were very obvious. Kudos to them for breaking Maury's neck though, in an attempt to at least keep some level of tension going. Papa Petrelli does have a certain menace and willingness to kill without hesitation that's actually making him fairly appealing as a bad dude.

I'm hoping that this whole Sylar is a Petrelli thing turns out to be figurative and not literal. Ie: they're his "parents" because they gave him his powers synthetically when he was a baby or something and that they're not actually blood related.

That still goes down as the worst "twist" ever in this series, IMO.

So is this show doing poorly in ratings or something? I was grabbing a drink at a store near my work and the Entertainment Weekly had Heroes cast members on it's cover with "A Show in Crisis" as the headline.

It depends on how the networks look at things. Heroes is second in the 18-49 demo (3.9/9) and first in the 18-34 demo (4.2/10). Overall though, they were fourth in the overnights and Dancing With the Stars is killing everything.

Heroes is getting a a little over 8 million viewers a week, which is half of season 1 numbers.

Overall an ok episode. But really Daphnie, you're going to talk about betraying the mind reader on the phone when he's like 15 feet away?

She wasn't worried because unless Parkman is (as we've seen before) intently focused on the person who's mind he's reading he doesn't pick anything up. It's not like Sookie in True Blood.