TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

This show has a wierd effect on me. I want to love it, but I sometimes end up just hating how stupid and convoluted the plot gets at times and how dumb some of the characters seem to be. =\

I wouldn't say he's domesticated. Even though Jesse was a villain it was still Sylar being Sylar which in the end is normally a bad thing. On the other hand I don't care for Sylar being under Mama Petrili's influence. Other thoughts..

- Hiro and Ando getting locked up will be interesting, I imagine. Especially when Sylar finds out.

- So could Ali Larter's character(s) be the product of a Company engineered formula?

- No Mohinder. I'm not complaining.

- Then stuff with Claire and her mom was pretty flat.

- Glad to see fire dude and Knox make it out alive.

So....did anyone else think it was really weird for Mama Petrelli just throwing out that she's Sylar's biological mother like a minute into the episode? I don't really remember much from Season 2, but did they establish this already? That seems like a plot point that deserved a little more build up, doesn't it?

Mmmmm, sweaty Claire. Mmmmm, evil, leather-clad Claire next week.

So....did anyone else think it was really weird for Mama Petrelli just throwing out that she's Sylar's biological mother like a minute into the episode? I don't really remember much from Season 2, but did they establish this already? That seems like a plot point that deserved a little more build up, doesn't it?

Mmmmm, sweaty Claire. Mmmmm, evil, leather-clad Claire next week.

Well, she pretty much said, "I'm your mother" at the end of last week's episode.

I think this was another good step forward for the series, as I'm specially liking the possibilities of this new Sylar/HRG dynamic. I really like Hiro but I believe he needs to wisen up pretty soon on his wanting to do good but mostly screwing up, although I'd hate to see him lose that geekyness that makes him so likeable. And for those who asked for Micah's whereabouts, there he was, now don't ever show up again.

Guest Vitamin X

I like Micah. I had completely forgotten Ali Larter's character died, though. Sylar's semi-face turn will be pretty interesting to watch, too.

Guest Vitamin X

And especially if he's only wiping out villains with marginal abilities; between pyro dude and amazingly quick and deadly black guy and then some guy that yells and knocks people over, I think Sylar got the weak one out of all those abilities.

I was actually surprised that they killed off the two villains so quickly. Hopefully that means in terms of what's to come their powers were minor. I want an Apocalypse/Proteus kinda bad guy showing up soon.

Gosh, that was retarded. Pretty funny to see Jamie Hector (Knox) on this now; even despite all the "you seem SCARED" or "what are you AFRAID of" lines, he's in a league way above what everybody else is doing in terms of actually making this stuff believable. Semi-interesting plotlines rushed, and I really would like the writers to think outside of the foretelling the future/horrible tragedy in the future plot box. That crutch is getting really old.

I checked IMDB, and he's supposed to be in the 5th episode. Of course, that also said he was in the second, so who knows.

Oh, and I do like the girl playing Daphne. She's a cutie.

Hiro's stuff is played so light hearted that you almost can't take him serious when he has to do something major.

This Nikki/Tracy/whoever thing sucks. I just do not like the actress at all. And now it seems as they've found a way to keep her forever on the show

I was in a comic book store and I spied some Heroes action figures. Wow, I gotta say.. I'd never seen these before but now that I have, they've got to be the lamest looking action figures I've ever seen.

Look, here's a guy! He's a super hero, but he's in street clothes. He looks like a banker!

Here's his arch enemy! Also in street clothes, but he looks like a business casual office worker!

So this episode was good but not great. It did enough to forward the central theme but the rest of it fell kinda flat.

- Marlo vs Sylar after offing Sylar's kid was awesome.

- Parkman's storyline is the future is pretty lame.

- I can't be the only one that noticed that the magnetism dude who broke out of Primatech was in the photo with Nikki/Jessica/Tracy?

- No Noah Bennett = Bullshit

- How did Future Scar Peter get put down by a few bullets?

Fun ending, though. Hiro teaming up with Adam should be good.

Peter also got taken out by a shard of glass. He was dead until it was removed. Claire was dead, too, until the branch was removed. I suppose the bullets are still in him and he'll be dead until they aren't in there anymore.

Also Daphne's powers came off as incredibly lame during a combat setting. Yes, she's fast but the rest of her body isn't reinforced to deal with the speed which means if she's coming in at __ miles per hour throwing fists at somebody she's almost guaranteed to break bones.

What would've made total and complete sense is her throwing shit at high velocity towards somebody with her crazy spinning arms. Bullets, for example. Or knives.

- No Noah Bennett = Bullshit

That really pissed me off to no end. I was waiting for the reveal that he was the brains behind the Claire/Knox/Haitian/Daphne team. No HRG = bullshit.

Any guesses who the "big return" is next week? I wasn't sure if they just meant Adam, or if maybe Papa Petrelli is going to make an appearance.

It'll be the Patrelli dad. Either that or she can see Linderman.

Watching this show makes me miss The 4400. If they're going to rip off a better show, they should make it not suck so badly.

- How did Future Scar Peter get put down by a few bullets?

The Haitian was there and he negated Peter's power.

Yup.

Also no Bennett in the future because i'm willing to bet he is dead, leading to Sylar naming his son after him.

I kinda wish they'd stop with the whole "I've seen the future and now I must stop it" stuff.

It's worked for the X-Men ever since Days of Future Past, so they probably won't.

Glad Adam's back and that Hiro again has some sort of purpose. Hopefully this will pull him back out of the complete idiot hole he was digging for himself.

- Parkman's storyline is the future is pretty lame.

Well, it IS Parkman. Seriously, can they give the guy a non-lame storyline?

Any guesses who the "big return" is next week? I wasn't sure if they just meant Adam, or if maybe Papa Petrelli is going to make an appearance.

Claude, maybe?

Milo does this weird thing with his mouth that makes me want to punch him everytime.

You mean talk, right?

Well yeah, talking is part of it. You know what I mean though, that Sylvester Stallone thing he does with his mouth. Talk about the perfect casting as Rocky's son!

I get tired of time travelling after awhile...it's a totally overused and cliched plot device. Can't these guys be original anymore? Hell at this point I would take a government funded program that is creating giant robots to hunt down those with special powers or some master villian the caliber of Apocalypse.