TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

The new chapter of the online comic "The Ten Brides of Tekezo Sensei" has some interesting stuff. Here is the recap

Trapped in his coffin, Adam Monroe laments that he has survived "the greatest men and women on the planet," even those who could bend steel or wield the raw power of the elements. Only Hiro Nakamura has eluded him. He asks what he can measure his centuries of life by—a few dozen names? He thinks that immortality is worthless, if he's buried alive, and the loves of his life are all dead.

He remembers these loves, starting with his wife Helene in Diedenshausen, Germany in 1692. When Monroe turned 42, he realized he did not age, and his wife fled into the forest, calling him a devil. He heard that she died years later in a nunnery. He then recounts the tale of his second wife, Maria, who bore him two sons while he lived in Milan, Italy. He learned he did not like children, and left them with two sacks of coins as he departed to the new country. He met his third wife, Frederica, at Versailles, in Paris, France in 1782. She always wore her rouge and face powder; it was this affinity for lead-based cosmetics that led to her death.

Next, Adam recounts the story of how he went to Japan and met his fourth wife, Yumi, the great granddaughter of Yaeko in 1784. Bored, he left her after faking his own death. Monroe traveled to America, where in 1787 he married Angelica(Looked to be Native American) to whom he confessed his greatest secret. They were together for 62 years, introducing themselves as husband and wife, mother and son, and, finally, grandmother and grandson, before she died at the age of 87. In 1864, in Atlanta, Georgia, Kensei married his sixth wife, the second named Maria. While he battled in the American Civil War, she died of smoke inhalation during a fire at their plantation.

In Montreal, Canada in 1901, he married Diane. She contracted tuberculosis one winter. Desperate to save his love from dying, Adam injected her with a vial of his blood. Her recovery was hailed as a miracle and she died peacefully twenty years later. After a vicious mugging in Chicago, Illinois, in 1926, Adam regenerated his left eye and spleen in front of his eighth wife Louisa. She drank herself to death within four months. His ninth wife, Theresa, whom he met in Los Angeles, California, in 1958, never truly loved him. She and her lover shot Adam in the chest and dumped him off a cliff. He swam back to shore and killed them in their sleep. He married his tenth wife in 1977. A woman named Trina(African American), she remarried after his imprisonment, and had children and grandchildren. She died in 2001 in a car accident. Adam blamed Kaito Nakamura and the others for depriving him of the opportunity to say goodbye.

Finally, Adam says that he has died dozens of times in his tomb, and that Hiro is a cruel man. And in the big reveal... Adam remarks that his latest bride will be coming for him soon enough.

And he also mentions how he once went by the name of Richard Sanders

Hayden Panettiere 18 (Claire) and Milo Ventimiglia 30 (Peter) are dating one another

Oh, fuckin' terrific. As if the Paire shippers needed any more ammo. Plus, won't this make things incredibly awkward on set, considering they play cousins?

Hayden Panettiere 18 (Claire) and Milo Ventimiglia 30 (Peter) are dating one another

Oh, fuckin' terrific. As if the Paire shippers needed any more ammo. Plus, won't this make things incredibly awkward on set, considering they play cousins?

Actually, Peter would be Claire's uncle, not cousin.. I mean, I knew the guy looked sleazy but I didn't take him for the creepy uncle who hugs you for just too long, type. :P

Jamie Hector (Marlo from the Wire) is joining the cast in Volume 3: Villains playing a character named Benjamin Knox Washington.

Here is what a read awhile back about the role the character will play

A new villain named Knox who returns to his native city of New Orleans, “the criminal territory he used to run before he was sent to prison.” This puts him directly in the path of Micah, his great-aunt Uhura and Monica Daniels

Guest Vitamin X

So, thanks to Netflix I was able to catch up on all the episodes and I read through a few pages of this thread. Ripper's comments were great. Leave Ando the fuck alone, indeed.

A couple observations that probably doesn't bother anyone else but bug the shit out of me-

-heroes: BROUGHT TO YOU BY SPRINT. PRODUCT PLACEMENT, PRODUCT PLACEMENT, PRODUCT PLACEMENT. Holy shit, how obvious.

-Micah and Sylar's themes. I don't notice most, if any, of the other characters' themes. Micah's theme almost overlaps pretty much any scene he's in, and all the BEEPS and BOOPS that accompany it are a bit distracting for me as I'm really intent on listening to everything on the soundtrack, dialogue and ambient noise and all that. Call it my sound editor side, but FUCK it's irritating. They could've done a much better choice with that, or at least be a bit more judicious with how often they use it. Same goes for Sylar's tick-tocking and bells clanging.

I still haven't watched the last 3 or 4 episodes of this past season...luckily they're still on the DVR. I dunno, I just wasn't blown away with it like I was with season one.

Season 2 will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on August 26th. Season 1 will make its Blu-Ray debut on the same day after only being released in high def on HD DVD previously.

some new goodies

That's the footage that was shown at the Los Angeles Jules Verne Festival last December. It's the things they had already shot for what would have been the rest of season 2. Because Zachary Quinto was leaving for Star Trek, they had mostly been shooting Sylar scenes, and that's why he's prominently featured in the trailer.

It has also been known for like months now that this footage probably won't be used in S3 anymore, due to how the strike changed everything.

you know what was a real turnoff for me? Bob, the guy with the Midas touch. I hate that actor so much.

I love that guy. I always think of him in Seinfeld, Groundhog Day, and Memento.

you know what was a real turnoff for me? Bob, the guy with the Midas touch. I hate that actor so much.

I love that guy. I always think of him in Seinfeld, Groundhog Day, and Memento.

...remember Sammy Jenkins!

in an IGN interview Nathan kind of spoils it and says that it takes more than 2 bullets to the chest to keep him down. Then he proceeds to say that only one person dies at the end of season 2 leaving the fans to believe Nikki is gone( I liked her she looked/acted like an ex of mine :() Also Hiro is supposed to be getting a love interest. I see him all the time at my job (I work for JFK) He was traveling with some girl. She was slightly taller than him. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the new girl or his real life girlfriend but they were traveling to California that day.

I just got caught up on this show via the Intraweb. It's pretty fun stuff and I'll be glad to see the show back with its full season after the strike. Season 2 was definitely a letdown after the first season, but Villains looks promising. Do I see both Nathan and Nikki in that last trailer?

season 2's alternate ending, looks way better than the one they went with.

Season 1 was slow, but it built up really good.

Seadon 2 had good ideas, but was a letodown

Season 3 looks great. I love the good vs bad showdown

Marlo?!?!!? OH SHIT. MY NAME IS MY NAME~!~!

I can't fucking wait for the new season. 2 had it's moments but I think it suffered from the strike and also their retarded devotion to the Twins storyline and also the complete lack of Sylar.

Still, Marlo.