TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I almost pissed that Sylar is (most likely) going to have to eat it this season. A happy compromise would be the explosion not happening and Sylar surviving, with the hunt for him being the main focus of season two.

I'm kind of pissed that Isaac bought it because the paintings were such an effective tool.

I guess Peter can do that as well, but as Sylar showed, ability does not equal skill.

- No mention of either Thompson (Eric Roberts) or Linderman. Interesting.

The broadcaster discussing the anniversary of the tragedy did mention that the "Linderman Act" had been passed 4 years earlier.

Watch the online commentary of this episode. It's Jack Coleman, Sendhil Ramamurthy and Greg Grunberg watching the episode for the first time and marking out when the audience did.

I wonder if they are going to just use these commentaries for the DVD or record new ones with guys like Tim Kring, or have both?

This may be my favorite season of any tv show ever. It keeps getting better.

I loved Sylar taking over as Nathan and then pretty much faking his death and blaming it on himself. I SO do not want Sylar to die this season.

I know they're making it seem like Hiro is the one to take down Sylar, but Sylar and Peter need a major battle to end things. Their first two rounds were a little underwhelming.

I will end up watching the season again the moment it comes out on DVD.

I really like the way they've built of Sylar and Peter. WWE could learn something about making people want to see a fight from this. Each encounter is building a bit and they're both getting stronger and stronger. It's been an amazing slow build and I don't think I would have changed anything about it.

ACTUALLY I'm assuming future Peter never met Claire and thus didn't have the healing factor?

That must mean being a human bomb is an entirely safe process...

Maybe I missed something, but if Future Peter never met Claire, then who saved her (since she's still alive and in hiding)?

And again...the Nikki/Jessica story is still blah to me, but everything else has made up for that

Ugh, totally. I hope they redeem this shitty character by killing her off in a cool scene, or by having her bite it after doing something really noble.

ACTUALLY I'm assuming future Peter never met Claire and thus didn't have the healing factor?

That must mean being a human bomb is an entirely safe process...

Maybe I missed something, but if Future Peter never met Claire, then who saved her (since she's still alive and in hiding)?

Future Peter had met Claire. Future Hiro had thought that saving Claire would prevent the bomb, but it only stopped Sylar from being the bomb, then it was Peter. I don't know how or why Peter got a scar and it didn't regenerate, but future Peter had definitely met Claire.

See this is the problem with time travel. I guess this means Future Hiro was wrong and the whole deal is pointless? Since the cheerleader was already saved? Did Future Hiro just not KNOW about Claire being still alive? I mean he said he stabbed Sylar, and then Sylar regenerated. But Claire was ALSO alive in the future...

Am I waaaaay off?

Didn't he show Present Hiro the comic where he stabbed Sylar and say, "I stabbed him, but he regenerated"

I dunno. Sad part is I just finished watching the episode again and didn't catch that.

It's odd because the general assumption is that Sylar killed DL to get his powers but when Future Hiro is talking to Bennett he mentions bringing DL, Micah and Molly Walker to him. So the question is, did Bennett sell them out to Homeland Security?

Some spoilers on the final episode. Nothing huge, though there is something interesting about a death but it's not what you think......

Simone ain't dead. And she apparently has a power. So does her dad, so (likely in flashback form) we'll see Richard Roundtree show up again. We'll also find out the circumstances surrounding the death of Peter and Nathan's dad, as well as his power. Sulu is back as well. Looks like Mohinder joins The Company. Oh, and Sylar goes to pay a visit to his mother. Should be fun.

Somebody earlier in the thread brought up Molly Walker being the little girl that Parkman saved early in the season. If that's true then we can assume that she'll be popping up sometime this season or maybe early in the next. I remember saying a while back that her parents hid her from Sylar which makes me very curious as to what her power is.

See this is the problem with time travel. I guess this means Future Hiro was wrong and the whole deal is pointless? Since the cheerleader was already saved? Did Future Hiro just not KNOW about Claire being still alive? I mean he said he stabbed Sylar, and then Sylar regenerated. But Claire was ALSO alive in the future...

Okay, here goes Eric...

Hiro from the future, or present (not sure on this point), stabbed Sylar, but he regenerated and still destroyed the city. Future Hiro figured that if he saved the cheerleader, he would have been able to kill Sylar, so the "save the cheerleader" plot started. Unfortunately for him, saving the cheerleader was not enough because through that Peter was set into a course of action where he became the bomb.

When he said he stabbed Sylar and he regenerated he was talking about before the Cheerleader was saved. But he was wondering what happened that the city was not saved.

Whew.

Heroes keeps on impressing me, even if it is getting a little Marvel on us with its beg, borrowing and stealing of storylines. Not sure if I want this to be a 1 season wonder, or a long drawn out arch that slowly degrades and tarnishes the show over time.

Okay, here goes Eric...

Hiro from the future, or present (not sure on this point), stabbed Sylar, but he regenerated and still destroyed the city. Future Hiro figured that if he saved the cheerleader, he would have been able to kill Sylar, so the "save the cheerleader" plot started. Unfortunately for him, saving the cheerleader was not enough because through that Peter was set into a course of action where he became the bomb.

When he said he stabbed Sylar and he regenerated he was talking about before the Cheerleader was saved. But he was wondering what happened that the city was not saved.

Whew.

No, you made my point.

There should have been no "Future Claire" for him to kill and eat if he had already survived.

See my only question is whether or not the Future that Hiro and Ando went to reflected the present actions after they had already Saved The Cheerleader etc.

Okay, here goes Eric...

Whew.

No, you made my point.

There should have been no "Future Claire" for him to kill and eat if he had already survived.

See my only question is whether or not the Future that Hiro and Ando went to reflected the present actions after they had already Saved The Cheerleader etc.

It would seem like it. Days of Back to the Future Past?

The way I see it, the world that the first future Hiro came from was a world in which Sylar had absorbed Claires powers. It was a world where there was no future Hiro to say "save the cheerleader". The second future Hiro's world (which we saw in the last episode) was one that was affected by Hiro going back in time and one that the cheerleader lived. It just didn't save the world like he had thought, as Sylar was still powerful and Peter had taken his place in 'sploding, and all that changed was that Claire was alive. Basically, we are told that no matter what happens, their future is sealed and they are fucked.

No. Wait. That's wrong. Because Future Hiro would have had all the same memories that Present Hiro had to-that-point had that been the case.

Ok, Time Travel NEVER makes sense. Cept in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.

Exactly! Future Hiro would have KNOWN that Present Hiro was going to appear that day at that time.

Ugh.

At least it certainly didn't affect the plot in any way, lets just leave it alone and get on with it!

Yeah I think they royally fucked up the time travel thing in the last Episode. As has been pointed out Claire shouldn't have been in the future if Sylar had killed and absorbed her powers in the past to become the President.

what throws me about time travel is when they go into the future...now, if they leave the present, aren't they essentially taking themselves out of existance, disappearing, if you will? They're out of the space/time continium, therefore, they should NEVER see themselves in the future.

Okay, here goes Eric...

Whew.

No, you made my point.

No, you're missing one step (which I think Rudo just pointed out, but anyways)...

1) Future Hiro is in his land of post bomb. He decides that if Claire is saved he will return to a better world with no Sylar and no bomb.

2) Future Hiro goes back and delivers the message to Peter on the train. When he teleports back he expects that the bomb would not have gone off (this is shown in the online comic). He initially thinks that the cheerleader wasn't saved, but then finds out that even though she was saved the bomb still went off.

3) Hiro transports to this world where Future Hiro has just returned too. This is the world where the Cheerleader has been saved, but the bomb still went off. So somehow Sylar survived and so did Claire in this world, so she was there for him to kill and absorb her powers.