TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - September/25th/2006.

Too bad Cena's probably gonna drag them on SmackDown....Cena ablitiy to clean house is rivaled only by DX..Hunter in particular..

Shouldn't Jerry Lawler be loving this?

After all, he tried to do the same to Bret Hart.

Do the writers even remember back 13 years?

Guest East.Coast.J

I LOVE King Booker's Court, too bad they get NO reaction.

Many of the fans at this RAW more than likely don't even watch SD in the first place.

Linda McMahon will tell you that 148% of WWE viewers only watch one brand.

Shouldn't Jerry Lawler be loving this?

After all, he tried to do the same to Bret Hart.

Do the writers even remember back 13 years?

That wasn't 13 years ago.

I looked it up it was 11 years ago...Still do they even remember back that far...

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Like every other TV show, I'm sure Raw is gonna clear up all the year's storylines and leave some great cliffhangers next week on the huge Season 14 Finale.

I want Bischoff to have a "where's Waldo?" like segment every week where he'll just pop up out of absolutely nowhere and start spouting off like he did tonight.

laughin12.jpg

KAAAAAAAAAANE!!

As a Laugh-In fan, I have to say I approve this message.

Not that I even bothered to watch RAW tonight, but oh well...

I want the Eric Bischoff book!!!! Eric Bischoff Book Info

So I just finished watching the beat down of Cena by the King's court and man why the fuck wasn't Cena knocked out by Finlay's weapon shots? I know WWE is trying to push Cena as this tough guy and all but holy shit, Finaly hit Cena over and over again with his shilali (sp?) and Cena wasn't bleeding at all from the head or the mouth, he didn't get knocked out, he sold it like he was hurt and all but damn man, at least Cena should have got knocked out or have been bleeding from the weapon shots, hell he just sat up at the end of the match. No Ref's checking on him or anything. Ok I'm going to stop my rant now, sorry about the rant.

So I just finished watching the beat down of Cena by the King's court and man why the fuck wasn't Cena knocked out by Finlay's weapon shots? I know WWE is trying to push Cena as this tough guy and all but holy shit, Finaly hit Cena over and over again with his shilali (sp?) and Cena wasn't bleeding at all from the head or the mouth, he didn't get knocked out, he sold it like he was hurt and all but damn man, at least Cena should have got knocked out or have been bleeding from the weapon shots, hell he just sat up at the end of the match. No Ref's checking on him or anything. Ok I'm going to stop my rant now, sorry about the rant.

Shillelagh.

Shillelagh.

Thank you.

Guest Diablo_Dor

Ok I haven't read the whole thread. I probably will later but here are my Questions

(1) I liked the idea of Cena beating Lita with 1 arm, that made sense but the beat down was boring as all hell even if I love the Kings Court.

(2) Edge is supposed to be the second "Student of the Game" in the company but how many people have won a world title in a cage match, on Raw? Also if you use a steel chair you're not laying a "Hand" on someone.

(3) What the hell was the Umaga's banned no here he is shite about? that was confusing as all hell. There better be a follow up next week.

(4) This Cade & Murdoch push is so weird, its like they've skipped the bit were the team has been developed at all and now DX can't beat them in a match. Yet all it would've taken is a pinfall (I originally had clean in here but any kind of loss would still give DX a reason) in the gauntlet and then DX could've squishafied them at the PPV like they are gonna do anyhow, but It would've meant SOMETHING. I just don't understand how the team who hasn't had a tag-match on RAW since breaking up (was the triple threat not singles? 6 man don't count) are suddenly against the top characters on Raw without any real belief they're a threat.

any opinions?

There were 2 things good about this week's Raw:

1. Eric Bischoff- great to see him again, even if it was short.

2. King Booker's court- Despite getting no heat from the crowd, I enjoyed Cena's beatdown.

I didn't like the beatdown myself. It took way, way too long. This push for Cena is pretty ridiculous.....I mean, Finlay and Regal can destroy Lashley and Batista in like a 1/10 of the time it took to knock down Cena. It reminded me of that whole Shawn Michaels/Spirit Squad thing where he'd get destroyed and then just pop up, fresh as a daisy for a few minutes before he was cheap shotted and knocked down again. I know it's 'sports entertainment' but try to bring just a small sense of realism please.

It seemed like they had too much time to fill at the end with the beatdown. Maybe that had something to do with the blackout at the beginning, I missed that part and most of the first hour so I'm not sure what might have been affected.

Guest East.Coast.J

If you read the Amazon book description for the Bischoff book, it just blatantly tears into The Death of WCW. Pretty entertaining stuff.

"Bischoff has kept quiet while industry "pundits" and other know-it-alls pontificated about what happened during the infamous Monday Night Wars. Basing their accounts on third- and fourth-hand rumors and innuendo, the so-called experts got many more things wrong than right"