TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

I just bought a TMX Elmo on eBay

I just bought a TMX Elmo on eBay for $100.00. I was thinking around X-Mas time, I could sell it back again on eBay for a lot more money because it will probably be sold out still and I could make a lot of money off of it. If anything, I am sure I could sell it back for the $100.00 or I could hold on to it for a few years and maybe I'll make even more money.

Guest Princess Leena

Not a bad move. I'm not sure it will go up a lot because there's ton available for $100-$150 right now. But, it should at least stay at the price it is now.

And it's a 10 year anniversary special edition of Tickle Me Elmo, or something.

Guest NYankees
Not a bad move. I'm not sure it will go up a lot because there's ton available for $100-$150 right now. But, it should at least stay at the price it is now.

And it's a 10 year anniversary special edition of Tickle Me Elmo, or something.

I remember how John Gotti Jr was able to go to Toys r Us after hours and buy a truckload of them during Christmas of 1996 when it was sold out everywhere.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Preferably in brain lock, or else as the gyrating topless nubian on the sexual gratification channel.

There are talks that they are going to release TONS of these after the first few small batches create a huge buzz about them. I was going to start buying some, until I read that. Risk it if you'd like, but I'd sell now.

Guest Princess Leena

I know the Fisher Price site says they'll be selling more in December. I guess that means stores will get more as well. It's still gonna sell like crazy, though.

They're pretty rare and should easily be this year's "hot toy" for Christmas, excluding the video game consoles. Working at a KB Toys, we advertised that we were taking pre-orders for these Elmos for close to two months ahead of time. A big sign in the entrance, and small ones near the registers and in the Sesame street aisle. We offered the preorders to people who were buying Sesame street toys...

We did THREE preorders. Now every five seconds, the phone rings with someone asking if we have them. It's rediculous.

Sell it off ASAP. I remember about two years after Tickle Me Elmo was the "big thing" (might have even been one year later), they were giving them away FREE if you spent like $75 at Kay-Bee Toys the morning after Thanksgiving. This shouldn't be any different.

I remember senior year of high school, I woke up early and hit stores for Furbies and made some extra cash by selling them for double the price. Same deal with those now, now stores can't give them away fast enough.

Yeah, this isn't going to work. I just saw on eBay they are selling them for $60.00.

Oh well. I'll just keep it in the box and put it in my closet. Maybe it will be worth something 10 years from now or so.

You're better off trying to get at least close to what you expected to get for it now, because if history repeats itself like with the Furbies and the original Elmo, you'd be lucky to get rid of it for $10 even a few years from now.

There are talks that they are going to release TONS of these after the first few small batches create a huge buzz about them. I was going to start buying some, until I read that. Risk it if you'd like, but I'd sell now.

cookie.jpg