TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 10/12 - 10/15

Also, in a bit of an eyebrow-raiser: Rutgers is absolutely annihilating Navy, 27-0 in the 4th quarter. I picked them to win but didn't think it'd be that one-sided. They've done it almost entirely with the passing game, which is really surprising, and even more surprising: Navy's only got 110 yards rushing.

Adrian Peterson broken Collarbone. Done for the year.

Ouch.

Well, at least now that news won't expand this thread to 20 pages.

I think he has to come back for his senior season now, though. That should put OU firmly in the preseason top 10.

I'm gonna kill myself shortly. UVA was up 20-0 on Maryland at the half, absolutely dominating the game. Now there are 8 minutes left, and Maryland is up 28-20. Wake me up next September, guys.

Colorado gets it's first win of the year in shocking fashion by shutting out Texas Tech, 23-0.

Edit: Nevermind, Yahoo's scoreboard was wrong and already had it as a final and Tech did finally manage to score, 23-6 late in the 4th.

How is it determined what games are what station? CBS is stuck with the lousy Alabama/Ole Miss game, and ESPN gets the Florida/Auburn game.

Under the SEC contract, ESPN had the right to select three of the top ten 2006 games before the season even started. Florida/Auburn was such a selection. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel did a writeup on how SEC football gets allocated by the television nets.

If I'm Adrian Peterson and I can get a top 10-15 guarantee I'm out for sure. In my opinion, when a running back can go to the NFL in the first round they should almost always do it. There's just too much of an injury risk.

Peterson'll probably be a top 5-10 pick, but if I were an NFL team I'd start to get a bit concerned over his durability. He hasn't played a full season since his freshman year, has he? Today's collarbone just looked like bad luck (freak fall into the end zone? REALLY AP?) but he just can't seem to stay on the field.

That being said he's got a world of talent and if I were a bad team with a mediocre/bad rushing game (hey Texans, I'm looking at you!) I'd still take him without a second thought. I'd just make sure I have some quality depth behind him.

Really like what I'm seeing from UF so far. The running game is working very well, and I'm just waiting for Chris to throw one deep. He is making excellent decisions out there.

I think Adrian Peterson will be a great back in the NFL for the first few years but I forsee him breaking down fairly early in his career b/c of his past injury history, his punishing running style and the fact that he's tall for a typical RB, making him a easier target.

Hawaii scores 68 points against Fresno State. Colt Brennan was 32 of 39 for 409 yards and 5 touchdowns. Fresno has just gone into the tank since the USC game last year.

Favorite inadavertently inappropriate announcer's gaffe of the week, referring to Auburn's Tray Blackmon:

"You can really see the natural athletic ability of a Blackmon."

Those last two runs by Florida are why I think the Gators are so strong this year. Between Wynn, Harvin, and Tebow, you have three completely different types of runners. The gameplan is so wide open, because any of these guys--or Andre Caldwell on a reverse--can break huge gains on the ground. It's like having an endless assortment of trick plays, but they're not really trick plays--they're just an incredibly varied set of options.

Things could get very ugly in Auburn after the punt block by Auburn. Leak gets sacked after horrible protection, and if Auburn scores here, it will get out of hand.