TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Chinese Democracy this year!

No but I do live on top of a bar now in an incredibly huge place. Fun game here? Whoever names the song playin gon the jukebox by hearing it through the floor doesn't have to do a shot.

Now I forget what we were talking about..........fuck..........

i'm not as sure as inc that this will sell. or do anything.

No, no, I think (assuming we don't have to wait several more years) this will do about two million in sales; like that last Jacko album, it'll draw out the diehards and the curious. Modern rock radio will embrace a single or two, but—like Invincible—it'll ultimately prove to be out-of-step with today's commercial climate, and any heat this album generates will be gone within six months.

How many albums did Velvet Revolver sell? I'd bet the new G n R doubles it.

It won't live up to the hype, but no album would after fifteen years. I'm just glad to see that Axl has his act together, the new band sounds good, their touring and Chinese Democracy is finally coming out. Anything else would just be gravy.

Guest Felonies!

Is this even a Guns n Roses album is Axl Rose is the only one from the band? I don't understand the Axl Rose worship, by the way.

Well, I listened to both songs that Jaxl linked. Really not hearing a lot there, except that Axl's voice is on its way out. They're unmemorable in the same way that new Rolling Stones songs are, whenever they put them out. I can see how really hardcore fans would love them, though, just because they're something and they're not "Oh My God" level terrible. The second one sounds kind of like a shitty "Estranged."

axlg7ue.jpg

"Hey G, I'm still relevent, right?"

He kind of looks like Danny Bonaduce. Except that Bonaduce is even more of a psychopath and would probably put a cigarette out on Axl's forehead for kicks.

I watched "Better." Fairly competent, no frills hard rock, but man alive Axl sounds terrible. Given his age and the amount of hard living he's done it's expected that he won't be able to wail like he used to. The problem, though, is he hasn't adjusted his singing style to his current limitations. He thinks he can still go like its 1990, which, well, no.

EDIT: I imagine this won't be a problem on Chinese Democracy itself, what with studio trickery and all that. Shouldn't affect radio play at all.

Inc's bringing up Michael Jackson's Invincible is good, simply because it points out the truth: Whenever the album comes out, it's not going to sell as many copies as many think it will.

Inc's bringing up Michael Jackson's Invincible is good, simply because it points out the truth: Whenever the album comes out, it's not going to sell as many copies as many think it will.

But I think it all depends on the quality of the album. Jackson had a lot of hype for his album, but when it came out it wasn't particularly that good, and it felt as if the music industry had passed him by. That's entirely plausible with Axl, but we don't really know. It seems that there is much more buzz and excitement around this project, but that doesn't mean it will have legs.

No, no, I think (assuming we don't have to wait several more years) this will do about two million in sales; like that last Jacko album, it'll draw out the diehards and the curious. Modern rock radio will embrace a single or two, but—like Invincible—it'll ultimately prove to be out-of-step with today's commercial climate, and any heat this album generates will be gone within six months.

I think the difference is Invincible sounded (or tried to sound) exactly like his old stuff, while the songs that have leaked off of Chinese Democracy don't sound much like old GnR.

I suppose Banky also thinks this pic is real

20060629225033900_1.jpg

Fake or not, I love that picture.

I don't know why JAxl chose that particular performance of "Better" to showcase Axl's improved vocal abilities. He really does sound pretty bad if you compare him to his prime.

("Better" at Inland Invasion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlCFZB6lsCc

("TWAT" at the Hammerstein Ballroom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKPVQhKhduc

Here, just try those two on for size and let me know your thoughts..........his voice is much stronger then 2002, and I am sure it is even stronger on the studio versions.......

Neither of those videos are particularly great quality, check out the ones off of gunsnroses.com. They're all Appetite for Destruction songs (of course) but they're really high quality video.

A lot of people seem to love "Better" but I'm not crazy about it. From the leaked Chinese Democracy tracks so far, I think "TWAT" and "Catcher in the Rye" are the much better tracks.

I know that picture Banky posted is fake. I just don't have any particular method of proving it. But I will. Remember, I'm the guy who proved Andy O was Mole!

Besides, if you want to find pictures of Axl looking ridiculous, there are many out there.

I'm quite relaxed. Just because I posted exclamation points doesn't indicate anything of my current mood. Observe:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tense? No.

I'm quite relaxed. Just because I posted exclamation points doesn't indicate anything of my current mood. Observe:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tense? No.

no your quest to prove/disprove the validity of axl rose photos is what i was talking about.

Yeah, it's a real futile quest. How am I going to prove the photo fake short of actually finding the person how made it and getting them to admit that it's fake. But it's not real.

I think the difference is Invincible sounded (or tried to sound) exactly like his old stuff, while the songs that have leaked off of Chinese Democracy don't sound much like old GnR.

The real difference is that a lot of people think Michael Jackson is a child molester and don't want shit to do with him.