TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

How could they NOT put in Edge and Christian?

That was my feeling in saying I would hope they would include them, but it's one of those things, Christian is with the other guys. Granted, they aren't as bad with people who have jumped to TNA as they were with those who jumped to WCW, but still, IMO, they cannot have that set without E & C.

Edge & Christian and Hardys don't need to be on that collection since they are already featured on the Ladders DVD. Teams that are missing would be of the hardcore variety like Elimators, RVD & Sabu, Gangsters, Nasty Boys, Dr. Death & Gordy, Lafon & Furnas, Raven/Kanyon/Bigalow, anything Barry Windham did with the Horseman of 80's early 90's.

The cool thing about a Tag Team DVD is you could kill two birds with one stone as far as matches go, Dudleys vs EC vs Hardys. Road Warriors vs Nasty Boys, etc. So it's not like they'd need four or five discs. Plus like someone said, Dudleys, Edge and Christian, and The Hardy Boys are already featured on a few dvds, so other than being in the main feature they wouldn't be needed for the extras section.

A feature I'd like to see as well in the main feature would be on guys that had more than one successful tag team. For instance Billy Gunn.

Smoking Guns

NAO

Billy and Chuck

Found THIS on amazon.com. I remember JR confirming on his Blog that he did interviews for an upcoming HBK dvd but this is the first I heard about the possibility of it being released this year. Also of note is that IIRC the supposed release date for this set (Nov. 27th) was the original release date for the Austin 3.disc dvd, which is no longer available on amazon. Anyway, here's the description:

Product Description

He’s the Heartbreak Kid; the Show Stopper. For more than two decades, Shawn Michaels has had amazing matches inside the ring and controversial moments outside it. Now, for the first time on DVD, fans can see the whole story. From the Rockers to D-Genera

Found THIS on amazon.com. I remember JR confirming on his Blog that he did interviews for an upcoming HBK dvd but this is the first I heard about the possibility of it being released this year. Also of note is that IIRC the supposed release date for this set (Nov. 27th) was the original release date for the Austin 3.disc dvd, which is no longer available on amazon. Anyway, here's the description:

Product Description

He’s the Heartbreak Kid; the Show Stopper. For more than two decades, Shawn Michaels has had amazing matches inside the ring and controversial moments outside it. Now, for the first time on DVD, fans can see the whole story. From the Rockers to D-Genera

I hope this 3 disc set WON'T be like From the Vault. Good concept, but it was missing way too many other matches. And PLEASE, WWE, do NOT put the Iron Man Match on this set. It has been done to death.

I was some classic IC Title matches and the superman run Michaels had in 96.

some customer dude today asked me when the summerslam dvd was coming out, he said he went to the show and someone told him there was going to be a special edition in a tin like mania this year. anyone heard anything about that?

Here's the complete match listing for Rey Mysterio: Biggest Little Man DVD, from PWInsider.com via 411mania.com:

-Latin Lover, Heavy Metal, & Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Madonna's Boyfriend, Fuerza Guerrera, Psicosis

When World's Collide - November 6, 1994

-Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis

ECW Hardcore - TV September 26, 1995

-Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera

ECW Hardcore TV - February 6, 1996

-WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko

Great American Bash - June 16, 1996

Nitro - July 8, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimate Dragon

Hog Wild - August 10, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Super Calo

Fall Brawl - September 15, 1996

Halloween Havoc - October 27, 1996

-Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Starrcade - December 29, 1996

-Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimate Dragon

Spring Stampede - April 6, 1997

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero

Halloween Havoc - October 26, 1997

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero

World War 3 - November 23, 1997

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera

Thunder - January 15, 1998

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Chris Jericho

Souled Out - January 24, 1998

-Winner Will Earn a WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Psicosis

Road Wild - August 8, 1998

-Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Blitzkreig

Nitro - February 8, 1999

-Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

SmackDown! - July 25, 2002

-Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle

SummerSlam - August 25, 2002

-WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Rey Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy

SmackDown! - June 5, 2003

Rey Mysterio vs. Tajiri

SmackDown! - January 1, 2004

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

The Great American Bash - June 27, 2004

-WWE Tag Team Championship

Rey Mysterio / Eddie Guerrero vs. The Bashams

No Way Out - February 20, 2005

-Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Judgment Day - May 22, 2005

-Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show

Rey Mysterio vs. Shawn Michaels

RAW - November 15, 2005

-Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton

WrestleMania 22 - April 2, 2006

-World Heavyweight Championship

Rey Mysterio vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Judgment Day - May 21, 2006

-Falls Count Anywhere Match

No Mercy - October 8, 2006

-I Quit Match

SmackDown! - October 20, 2006

Nice little listing of matches but I can't believe they didn't include the awesome Psicosis-Mysterio opener from Bash @ the Beach 1996. I love that match.

That actually was the first match that came to my mind that I think they missed including. Really really great bout. I also hoped they would include either the finals or the rematch for the WCW cruiserweight tag titles with Kidman or possibly his Tag Title match with him against TWGTT from SD! Of course no matches from the "SD! six" era are included, which is a shame. And I'll have to check when I get home, but there are at least 3-4 matches that already appeared on Rey's 619 dvd, and those ECW matches may have already appeared on ECW dvds also.

Nice little listing of matches but I can't believe they didn't include the awesome Psicosis-Mysterio opener from Bash @ the Beach 1996. I love that match.

That actually was the first match that came to my mind that I think they missed including. Really really great bout. I also hoped they would include either the finals or the rematch for the WCW cruiserweight tag titles with Kidman or possibly his Tag Title match with him against TWGTT from SD! Of course no matches from the "SD! six" era are included, which is a shame. And I'll have to check when I get home, but there are at least 3-4 matches that already appeared on Rey's 619 dvd, and those ECW matches may have already appeared on ECW dvds also.

We'll likely never see that footage, unless WWE has him take off the mask in the future.

Unless my memory is wrong, Rey vs. Psicosis was already on his last DVD. So were a lot of those matches, but still.

However, unless it's just my copy, ther version on the first DVD has no sound for the stuff going on in the ring so a better mixed version of the match would have been nice.

Unless my memory is wrong, Rey vs. Psicosis was already on his last DVD. So were a lot of those matches, but still.

Dude, you're absolutely right. I remember now, that match IS included on the 619 dvd along with the Malenko match from Nitro and Rey's SD! debut against Chavo.

Edit: Checked again. The AAA 6 man tag is also repeated, as is the other Malenko match from the Bash. The ECW matches I haven't checked yet but at least one of them appeared on an ECW release.

Am I the only one who wants full intros for matches? A lot the of the WCW matches come with overdubbed music or the intros are skipped. I don't like that.

Nope, I'd like that too. I suppose I'm just a nerdy completest.

WCW original theme > all rap themes and if any of the matches were on the 619 DVD then it does not belong on the new release. And all matches that involved Vicky Guerrero should be overlooked for Smackdown 6 matches!

I was hoping for that great match he had with Lesnar on Smackdown.

Was Rey vs Tajiri the Cruiserweight Title match that actually got the ME spot on Smackdown? I really wish WWE would do things like that more often; i.e. have less TV title matches and when they do have one, hype it big, with the tale of the tape etc, and make it the main event. It doesn't have to end the show, just be the last match.

Guest Hadley

I wonder if we'll ever see the wccw, or for that matter, the rumored mr. perfect dvd that they were supposedly working on.

Guest SoZe
Was Rey vs Tajiri the Cruiserweight Title match that actually got the ME spot on Smackdown?

No. It was the first 2004 match on TV. With that Michaels-HHH miracle closing out the year and this opening it, it seemed they wanted to put some great wrestling out there after an awful 2003. Pleasantly surprised they included this on the set, watched it on tape a few months ago and it was the best tv match they had.

I remember 2004 being an amazing year for WRESTLING (Main Events were Benoit's Awesome Rumble Win, Lesnar/Eddie, Mania 3-Way, and 3-Way Rematch at Backlash) and then it all went to hell with Eugene, Kane, JBL, Luther Reigns, and Undertaker all involved with main event programs somehow.

I just bought Backlash 2007 and The Ladder Match DVD because, apparently, WWE won't ship any more copies of those because of *cough cough* appearing on them.

Of course, this is only rumors ('cause you know, everything said or written on the internet is 100% true). I think, at the worst, it will be like the Summerslam 2004 DVD, where the Benoit match isn't listed but appears on the disc anyway.

I watched my Backlash 2007 DVD on Sunday. It is so weird hearing the 24/7 ECW theme being used as the theme. I imagine a lot of people who have the DVD won't make that connection, but for 24/7 subscribers I imagine it's pretty funny.

WWE1175_L.JPG

The match pickings are good for the most part. If it was up to me though, I would have put Mysterio Vs. Lesnar (from the Halloween 2002 episode of SD), AFAIK the only televised singles match Vs. B-----, and the steel cage match against Eddie Guerrero. Also, I know they won't put any post-mask matches on there, but fuck that world title match against Ric Flair on Nitro in 1999 was fun as Hell! I would have loved to see that on there.

WWE1174_L.JPG

Regular DVD extras:

Kane vs. The Great Khali (SmackDown - 17/08/07)

Carlito’s Cabana w/ Mr. McMahon & Triple H (Raw - 25/08/07)

I think the version with the steelbook case is supposed to come with an extra DVD featuring extra matches and segments. IIRC it might be an FYE exclusive. I just remember the steelbook case (like WM 23) because it was advertised in the newest issue of WWE Magazine.

So it's just down to Cena and Austin for superstar DVD's? Is that Shawn Michaels actually official or not?

So whatever became of the Mr. Perfect DVD? Wasn't that suppose to come out late this year?