TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

I know this was mentioned in the other thread, but what the hell. We'll need a thread for all of this for the upcoming year anyway. The Four Horsemen DVD is the one set that I've been looking forward to more than anything else that WWE can possibly put together. There is a lot of good stuff here:

http://www.wwe.com/shop/dvd/upcomingdvds

Armageddon 2006 1/16/07

ECW Extreme Rules (2-disc DVD) 1/30/07

A two-disc compilation that showcases some of the best matches of the return of ECW, as well as vignettes about the newest Extremists. Hosted by Tazz and Joey Styles, ECW: Extreme Rules highlights both the new Extremists (such as Big Show, C.M. Punk, Test, Kevin Thorn, etc.) as well as the ECW Originals (including RVD, Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer, and Balls).

New Year's Revolution 2007 2/06/07

The New and Improved DX (3-disc DVD) 2/20/06

For WWE and RAW, 2006 can best be described as the “Year of the Degenerate.” Much to the chagrin of Mr. McMahon and his son Shane, as well as Superstars Edge, Randy Orton and more, Triple H and Shawn Michaels reformed sports-entertainment’s most irreverent and popular faction. DX ran roughshod over RAW throughout the year and The New and Improved D-Generation X will be a 3-disc release covering the reformation of the group that includes promos, matches and the chaos the duo of The Game and HBK caused Mr. McMahon.

Royal Rumble 2007 2/27/07

Royal Rumble: The Complete Anthology 3/13/07

January 28, 2007 will be the 20th Anniversary of the Royal Rumble. WWE fans have always loved this unique match, and when a WrestleMania championship opportunity sweetened the winner’s pot, the Royal Rumble became one of the most important annual events on WWE’s calendar. This DVD set will depict, in their entirety, the first 20 Royal Rumbles in a handsome collector’s box. The first 12 Royal Rumble events have never been available on DVD.

No Way Out 2007 3/20/07

Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen 4/10/07

One of the first, and coolest, factions in sports-entertainment was The Four Horsemen. This multi-disc release will cover the creation of the Horsemen and is filled with exclusive interviews from many of the Superstars who were part of this groundbreaking group as well as rivalry highlights and complete matches.

WrestleMania 23 5/22/07

Backlash 2007 5/29/07

Great Families of Wrestling 6/05/07

Some of the greatest WWE Superstars have come from family legacies that include the names McMahon, Von Erich, Funk, Hart, Guerrero, Orton, Gagne, Colon, DiBiase, Rhodes and more. Relationships and long held secrets from fathers, sons, brothers and grandsons of sports-entertainment will all be explored in the Great Families of Wrestling DVD.

Judgment Day 2007 6/19/07

ECW One Night Stand 2007 7/10/07

Vengeance 2007 7/24/07

The Great American Bash 2007 8/21/07

The Ladder Match 8/28/07

Follow the evolution of the Ladder Match and see how it has evolved into one of the most popular matches in WWE today. From the first Ladder Match with Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon at WrestleMania X to the inaugural Money in the Bank Ladder Match that took place at WrestleMania 21, witness why the Ladder Match has become a staple in WWE.

The Triumph & Tragedy of WCCW 9/18/07

Documentary on the Von Erichs and WCCW.

SummerSlam 2007 9/25/07

Unforgiven 2007 10/16/07

Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man 10/23/07

Relive some of the Rey Mysterio’s classic rivalries with Superstars like Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, JBL, and Chris Benoit. Also, Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man will showcase some of the high-flying Superstar’s most memorable tag team matches with partners RVD, Eddie Guerrero and Batista.

No Mercy 2007 11/06/07

John Cena: My Life 11/06/07

John Cena is more than just a WWE Champion. In 2005, Cena released his highly successful debut CD, “You Can’t See Me” and in 2006 he starred in his first major motion picture, The Marine. Cena has reached the next level of Superstardom, and John Cena: My Life will chronicle his meteoric rise to the top of the sports-entertainment world with highlights from his biggest matches and exclusive interviews.

Stond Cold Steve Austin's Life & Legacy 11/20/07

A career-spanning retrospective of the Rattlesnake that highlights Austin’s amazing career and his legendary rivalries with Bret Hart, The Rock, Mick Foley, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane, Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero and more. Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Life and Legacy will also include footage and matches from WCW, ECW, and his Smokey Mountain days.

WWE Cyber Sunday 12/04/07

Survivor Series 2007 12/26/07

ECW December to Dismember 01/01/08

For WWE and RAW, 2006 can best be described as the “Year of the Degenerate.” Much to the chagrin of Mr. McMahon and his son Shane, as well as Superstars Edge, Randy Orton and more, Triple H and Shawn Michaels reformed sports-entertainment’s most irreverent and popular faction. DX ran roughshod over RAW throughout the year and The New and Improved D-Generation X will be a 3-disc release covering the reformation of the group that includes promos, matches and the chaos the duo of The Game and HBK caused Mr. McMahon.

For those of you who couldn't get enough of the feud that would never die and is probably going to get restarted all over again at Cyber Sunday.

How can it be "The Year of the Degenerate" when they didn't officially do that whole reformation until like two or three months ago? I would venture to say that 2006 was more "The Year of Cena" what with him only losing the title (twice) due to being screwed over (although the Edge win was justifiable in storyline). I mean, he's consistently the strongest looking on both shows and it does not look like he'll be losing the title again any time soon.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

What's the release date of this year's ECW December To Dismember? I'm thinking January/2nd/2007, but it's not listed.

EDIT: Nevermind, release date is December/26th/2006, just three weeks after the PPV airs and the same day Survivor Series 2006 gets released.

What's the release date of this year's ECW December To Dismember? I'm thinking January/2nd/2007, but it's not listed.

EDIT: Nevermind, release date is December/26th/2006, just three weeks after the PPV airs.

Yeah, last I knew December to Dismember and Survivor Series actually get released on the same day to DVD.

The Austin DVD sounds great. Hopefully it goes into some real depth about the Hollywood Blondes and his time in ECW and doesn't just have a match from each.

The Horsemen one sounds great as well.

Definitely getting the Rumble Anthology. The Horsemen DVD is going to be awesome. The Ladder one sounds pretty good. Still iffy on Cena considering what matches they decide to put on it since on Word Life they left off on Christmas in Iraq. And I'm surprised they're releasing another Austin DVD, I thought that's what the Stone Cold Truth was about?

Edit: Nevermind about what I said about Austin, I forgot TSCT was just one disc.

Hmm, will the Rumble set include the full PPV's, or just the Rumble matches? I assume the PPV, but it would probably be a hell of a lot better (and cheaper) if they just had the Royal Rumble matches on it.

when are they gonna get over their shitfit & release the macho man dvd already?

come on.

that and a ravishing rick rude one. i'd be done.

I'm still waiting for a Stephanie Gone Wild release.

I'll definitely be picking up the Rumble anthology and the Horsemen set, and maybe Austin's depending on if the match list is any good.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of Survivor Series, as well. Too bad we're apparently not getting an anthology next year. But hey, I'll finally be getting a decent copy of the 1988 Rumble.

Hulk f'n Hogan and Bret Hart's multi year careers are summed up in three disc DVDs - the same amount of disc the new and "improved" DX is getting just 7 months after re-forming? Whatever.

Rumble Anthology is something I'm all over. I don't even have a copy of most of the Rumble matches.

The Royal Rumble DVD will likely just be totally edited garbage like the Wrestlemania set. Hopefully they'll sell them individually, because my copy of the '88 show is like 100th generation and nearly unwatchable. My copy of all the others on VHS are fine. Interesting to see though if they are the original PPV versions, or just rehashes of the VHS sets. The VHS releases of 89, 90, and 91 are all missing matches, and have some edited.

I think the Rumble one will be like the Wrestlemania that they'll be in their "full live entirety" except with the obvious music editing unless Vince decides to pay up Jimmy Hart.

Rey already had a DVD, as did Cena.

They should release dvds on Randy Savage, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, Ted DiBiase, Owen Hart, and Vader.

The reason I see is because those were just 1 disc and they've both accomplished A LOT more since then.

619 covered his life up until WM XIX. Word Life was from his debut to Christmas In Iraq 2003. I don't mind, hopefully they'll have good selections this time.

I think I'm going to have a brain aneurysm if Austin's DVD doesn't have 3-discs to go along with it. If the shitty D-X return can get 3, the guy who saved the company can too.

-Its about time the 4 horsemen dvd came out. I think i've been waiting for that since 2005.

-The Evolution of the ladder match better have Bret Hart vs HBK on it. The one that was on the, I think, greatest hits or bumps tape way back when?

-DX gets a 3 dvd set? Have they really done that much since returing to get 3 dvd's?

-The ECW dvd should really be held off for another year. Its to soon to give the brand a "best of" dvd.

About the music editing...

The WM DVDs had Boss Man, Demolition, and the Godwinns' music edited among others. Boss Man had his 1998 heel theme, and the others had generic themes. Then on 24/7, one of the first shows I watched was Summerslam 96, which had the same edited Godwinns theme. But recently, they had the special on Demolition which had the correct theme, and I think I heard Boss Man's right theme somewhere too. Anyone know why?

I assume the DX DVD will have old stuff and new stuff, even though they already have a DVD from back in the day. I can see them rehashing a good bit of segments from the first one, but I can also see it showing the McMahon/HBK Montreal thing from late last year, the WM match, things like that.

I also wouldn't mind seeing In Your House: No Way Out of Texas on DVD... Not the best of shows, but it features the NWA North American title (as defended by Jeff Jarrett) and Owen Hart and Steve Austin teaming together less than three months after SurSer 97 and Austin's pummeling of Hart in revenge for the Owen 3:16.

The WM DVDs had Boss Man, Demolition, and the Godwinns' music edited among others. Boss Man had his 1998 heel theme, and the others had generic themes. Then on 24/7, one of the first shows I watched was Summerslam 96, which had the same edited Godwinns theme. But recently, they had the special on Demolition which had the correct theme, and I think I heard Boss Man's right theme somewhere too. Anyone know why?

I really try not to think about it. Why is Jesse's commentary ok on 24/7? Why is some music ok on 24/7 but not DVD? Perhaps they pay when they really need something. A full episode of SNME with Vince talking to himself would be really odd. A Demolition special where the theme is CONSTANTLY being played with an edited theme would also be really weird.

I dont get the inconsistency with the themes/Jesse either.

Why was Jesse edited out of things like the WM6 match on the Dusty dvd, when it had already been released on other products with Jesse included?

Guest jlvideo

How is Vince dvd on the triumphs/tragedy on world class going be different than the Heroes of World Class? I haven't seen it yet,but i heard it was great,but very sad. It was one of my favorite all time territorys. He has michael hayes to tell you his side,but who else can he get feedback on this dvd?

Guest bobrock29

I really try not to think about it. Why is Jesse's commentary ok on 24/7? Why is some music ok on 24/7 but not DVD? Perhaps they pay when they really need something. A full episode of SNME with Vince talking to himself would be really odd. A Demolition special where the theme is CONSTANTLY being played with an edited theme would also be really weird.

Yes I have wondered the same thing about 24/7. Jesse is all over 24/7.

You might as well just get Tivo / DVR and burn it to DVD.

I'm sure the Rumble anthology will just like the WM set. They'll either release a big box or separate it into four little boxes. I'm not worried about the last one since I have 2000 - 2006 on DVD already.

If they turn out to be the VHS versions, you might as well just import the Rumble DVDs from Silvervision. All the music, WWF references, and apparantly the WWF scratch logo are kept intact. So far, they have 1989 - 1998 out now.

Guest Princess Leena

I'll get the Rumble and Horsemen ones definitely. Ladder one, maybe. Other than that, pass.

Count me in as one who'll gladly throw down whatever for a DVD of WCCW/the Vonerichs. That was a fgreat frederation, esp. with the 6 man tags of the Von Erichs vs. the freebirds. They ahve to have the Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric FLair David Von Erich memorial match where Kerry wins the title. Really emotional event for anyone who remembers it at the time.