TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insanity

ECW Spoilers for 11/7/06 Tapings

From Wrestleview:

CM Punk def. Mike Knox in a qualifying match for the Extreme Elimination Chamber. Elijah Burke cut a promo backstage with Terkay.

Paul Heyman came out to the ring. They showed footage from the TV tapings last night in Milwaukee when Heyman attacked RVD as a gorilla. They showed that footage to the crowd so we werent confused. Heyman also announced RVD and Holly vs. Big Show and himself.

Daivari with Great Khali def. Little Guido with Trinity. After the match, Khali attacked Guido.

Test def. Tommy Dreamer in a Extreme Elimination Chamber Qualifying match.

RVD & Hardcore Holly vs Big Show & Paul Heyman ended in a no contest when Holly turned heel and turned on Rob Van Dam in the main event.

So ECW's main event is going to be..

Big Show vs Rob Van Dam vs Sabu vs Test vs CM Punk vs -----

My guess would be Sandman.

I agree Holly will be the 6th participant. There had to be reason why he heeled at the taping.

What in the hell is the D2D undercard going to look like? Knox vs Punk was rather obvious, at least I thought so.

I agree, it's too soon for Punk. They need to make the fans long for it, crave it before they make it happen. However if Big Show is dropping the title and RVD can't win it, I guess that means it's either Punk, Test or Holly.

I think I like the alternative idea better - have Big Show drop the title at Cyber Sunday and then have the winner - likely Cena, defend the title at D2D.

Was Tony Mamaluke released??

1. Yay FBI stuff

2. I would mark for a Great khali vs Big Guido (if brought in) match as long as it wasn't a squash, or hell the return of Big Sal.

3. When was it annouced that Sabu was going to be in the EC match? Did I miss that?

4. I would think Holly would be put into the match. It'll either be Test or Holly.

Oh, I read those spoliers but I guess I missed that little tidbit. Thanks for the update.

The Elimination Chamber could be a star making performance for Punk. I think he should come very close to winning the title, but come up just short of winning. But seeing as this is WWE, Punk will probably get murdered by the Big Show.

The last man should be Holly for the 3 faces, 3 heels thing.

It should be Tommy Dreamer since he is the only person in the company that knows how to sell moves.

It should be Tommy Dreamer since he is the only person in the company that knows how to sell moves.

I would have said that had Tommy not already lost his shot..

I would have said that had Tommy not already lost his shot..

Dreamer and Sandman can do the Tanya Harding beatdown to Test backstage to get the final 2 spots. It then would be the Old ECW vs Big Show subplot with CM Punk getting the freak win in the end.

They'll never book the chamber this way but if they really want to put Punk over they should have everybody in the ring (heels and faces) gang up on him and eliminate him. Afterwards have Punk confront somebody like Sabu or Sandman backstage and they tell him "You're not ready" or "You didn't earn this shot".

Here is the problem right now. Big Show is leaving and Vince does not want to put the belt on RVD. Test and Hardcore Holly are not worthy of the title, by any stretch. That leaves either Sabu or CM Punk.

I like Sabu, but can he be expected to hold up for much longer? If he is only a transitional champion then who is he transitioning too? Sylvester Terkay?

If you are Vince you have CM Punk who is one of your most over wrestlers (including those MSG chants that make Vince cream). He is a "new breed" guy, but would get cheered by the old school crowds (one of the only new guys that is able to do this). He is young, he can talk, he can wrestle. The only heels of any consequence that he has not beaten are Test, Holly and Big Show, you can have him do that in one night. How much more over is he going to get by beating Mike Knox. I look at it almost like Bret Hart from '92, just put it on him out of the blue and let him run with it.

I wouldn't book Punk winning. It's only about a month from the PPV and all he's ever been booked as so far is a guy who wrestles four minute matches and squashes his opponent every time. I think the ratings would drop even more by putting the title on a guy like that. Of course he's far more talented than just about everyone in the match, but from a business perspective he needs a lot more build-up before getting it. My money's on Sabu right now.

I strongly feel the whole Meltzer tidbit about Vince not wanting to put the title on RVD is a sham. It seems like one of those fake items that WWE throws out once in a while to fool the reporters. It seems way, way too obvious at this point that Van Dam would walk out of December to Dismember with the belt, so what better way to add intrigue to the match and further piss off those in the Internet by tossing out this item.

Remember, when Van Dam was originally arrested, Meltzer reported that Vince's plan was to suspend Rob for thirty days but then push him back into the Main Event as soon as he came back. Sure enough, RVD came back and was shoved into the Main Event again. All of a sudden, Vince changes his mind on a whim? Despite the fact that Rob has been in the best matches in ECW the past few weeks? I don't buy it.

Hardcore Holly is going to be the sixth guy. CM Punk will look impressive. But it won't matter. RVD is still walking out with the belt -- and holding it until at least WrestleMania.

If Vince is serious about having ECW back for a long time, CM Punk is the guy you want to slowly build up to, not the guy you want to go "Randy Orton" with and over-expose the hell out of, hot shot the title to, suffer burn out, and end up burying with to cover for your earlier mistakes with.

CM Punk is over right now, and he is doing fairly well in his matches, but besides this Knox feud, which for ALL WE KNOW might be over, now that he beat him in the semi-final match, it is yet to be seen if he is ready to carry a company. He is still new to the audience.

The fans want RVD, they view him and probably him alone as a star big enough to carry ECW for awhile. It doesn't make sense to put the title on anyone else right now.

The ECW return is still in it's infancy, and right now they should be doing it by the numbers in order to increase interest and the fanbase, and the numbers right now say to put the title on someone the fans want to see it on, which is RVD. Even Sabu, who would likely get some pops as champ, is not nearly as familiar to the crowd as RVD is.

I strongly feel the whole Meltzer tidbit about Vince not wanting to put the title on RVD is a sham. It seems like one of those fake items that WWE throws out once in a while to fool the reporters. It seems way, way too obvious at this point that Van Dam would walk out of December to Dismember with the belt, so what better way to add intrigue to the match and further piss off those in the Internet by tossing out this item.

Yeah, that's true. I hadn't thought about that.

Remember, when Van Dam was originally arrested, Meltzer reported that Vince's plan was to suspend Rob for thirty days but then push him back into the Main Event as soon as he came back. Sure enough, RVD came back and was shoved into the Main Event again. All of a sudden, Vince changes his mind on a whim? Despite the fact that Rob has been in the best matches in ECW the past few weeks? I don't buy it.

Vince often changes his mind at the drop of a hat. Not only that, while Vince may have decided on what he was going to do with Van Dam three months ago, there has been plenty of time for not just Vince changing his mind but also for people down on Van Dam to bury him to Vince to the point that Vince has indeed soured on the guy and goes with what those people have been pushing for.

I see, so this whole "RVD can't be champ" came from the WON. I re-newed my subscription hoping to get (and specifically asked for) the Pillman issue, thus not losing an issue, but my current subscription apparently started with the Pena issue.

So yeah, like HTQ said, Vince changes his mind. A lot.

I see, so this whole "RVD can't be champ" came from the WON. I re-newed my subscription hoping to get (and specifically asked for) the Pillman issue, thus not losing an issue, but my current subscription apparently started with the Pena issue.

The Pillman issue was great, but the Pena issue was just as good, maybe even better.

Daivari with Great Khali def. Little Guido with Trinity. After the match, Khali attacked Guido.

Damn I really wanted to see Lil Guido but what I got instead was faux emo punk with the girly name Shannon Moore. Khali has a freakish huge jawline and his chin is more pronounce than Sgt. Slaughter, Edge, and HHH.

Don_Callis_small.jpg

UP NEXT GHOSTHUNTERS WITH CM PUNK!