TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/7 - 11/10

Guest NYankees

If they go undefeated, that would be a win over West Virginia who has one loss and a defeat over an undefeated Louisville. They would deserve to play for the National Championship. End of Story.

If they go undefeated, that would be a win over West Virginia who has one loss and a defeat over an undefeated Louisville. They would deserve to play for the National Championship. End of Story.

Lots of teams have deserved to play for the National Championship and didn't. Rutgers will not get past Florida, Texas, or Michigan.

I'd say a two loss Texas or Michigan would have a better shot of getting into the title game than Rutgers. It's not fair, but it's the system College Football decided was best.

Guest NYankees
But they haven't beaten West Virginia yet. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

I clearly stated IF they go undefeated.

Tremendous game between Rutgers and Louisville there. Great to see the Scarlet Knights pull off the big upset on their home field. I think they're quite unlikely to beat WVU, but if they do, I agree that Rutgers should play for the national championship. That D-line was absolutely smothering against a UL O-line that's been one of the best in the country all year long. I'm not 100% convinced they couldn't hang with Ohio State or Michigan.

Guest Princess Leena

If Rutgers wins at WVU, they deserve to be playing in Glendale. The end. And I still think there's a slight chance they can... they'd only have to move up to #3 in the polls. Half the teams ahead of them are guaranteed to lose a game, so it is possible.

And the BCS fun really kicks in now... it's going to be a huge mess with lots of fighting.

If Rutgers ends up playing a BCS game, much less the national title game (which is a huge stretch for the moment), would this surprass George Mason's improbable run eariler this year?

If Rutgers ends up playing a BCS game, much less the national title game (which is a huge stretch for the moment), would this surprass George Mason's improbable run eariler this year?

No. If Rutgers was playing in the OLD Big East, then yes it would be even more improbable than GMU in the Final 4. You could argue that they only has 2 beat two quality teams all year, and one was at home. It's still an amazing run nonetheless.

Allow me to get the following out of the way: Rutgers can go fuck off and die.

Jesus, I can't fucking believe U of L managed to blow yet another 17-18 point type lead in the 2nd half. From Miami in 2004, WVU last year, and now this....it just never ends.

By the way, Rutgers will have a big letdown next week and lose at Cincy. And then to WVU to end the season. And U of L still makes the BCS.

Hell yeah I'm bitter. This is now the 3rd year U of L has totally fucked up and will likely end up screwed out of the BCS. I mean if we'd just get squashed in these awful, season killing games that would be one thing. But each time we've been the better team and managed to piss it all away. Miami in 2004, WVU last year, and now this.

I'm telling you, Cincy is playing really well right now. They're going to beat Rutgers. Cincy has certainly played a lot harder schedule, damn near beat U of L, and has maimed USF and Cuse of late. Sure, WVU will beat them down this week, but watch for that Cincy/Rutgers game.

Cincy will not beat Rutgers.

West Virginia, on the other hand, WILL beat Rutgers.

I'm assuming the wave of momentum will carry them by Cincy, no matter how hard the Bearcats bring the game to them. But West Virginia, with an angry Slaton, will see this as their way of revenge and beat them at home. Obviously, that's just a prediction, but my instincts with the Big East picture haven't been wrong yet.

I wonder how tonight's game affects the rankings. I guess Louisville will drop somewhere in between USC and West Virginia with this loss. Rutgers, on the other hand, will be moving up, but the problem is that quite a few teams above of them will likely leave the week with impressive wins.

1. Ohio State (65) 10-0 at Northwestern.

2. Michigan 10-0 at Indiana

3. Louisville 8-0

4. Texas 9-1 conference game at K-State

5. Auburn 9-1 SEC game at home against Georgia.

6. Florida 8-1 tough game at home against South Carolina.

7. USC 7-1 big game against #21 Oregon.

8. California 8-1 conference game at Arizona.

9. Notre Dame 8-1 at Air Force.

10. West Virginia 7-1 at home against Cincy.

11. Arkansas 8-1 SEC game at home against Vols.

12. LSU 7-2 SEC game at home against 'Bama.

13. Tennessee 7-2 could break top 10 with win.

14. Boise State 9-0 tries to stay perfect at San Jose State.

15. Rutgers 8-0

And you can cheer next week for Rutgers as they lose to Cincy. At the very least Cincy will take them to the wire in that game, and I think they can pull it off. Yes, that is wishful thinking.

Anyway, I dunno what will happen to U of L in the rankings at this point. It would be horribly unfair to drop out of the top 10 after losing by 3 to an unbeaten team.

The million dollar question is this: What happens if U of L, Rutgers, and WVU all finish 11-1. I think it depends on what U of L goes down to this week. We can all agree if WVU simply beats Rutgers then Rutgers is toast and not in any discussion for BCS. But who goes to the BCS between U of L and WVU? U of L SHOULD still be ahead of WVU in the next BCS due to head to head win, so if we win out I'm not sure whether they could jump us.

And you can cheer next week for Rutgers as they lose to Cincy. At the very least Cincy will take them to the wire in that game, and I think they can pull it off. Yes, that is wishful thinking.

Anyway, I dunno what will happen to U of L in the rankings at this point. It would be horribly unfair to drop out of the top 10 after losing by 3 to an unbeaten team.

The million dollar question is this: What happens if U of L, Rutgers, and WVU all finish 11-1. I think it depends on what U of L goes down to this week. We can all agree if WVU simply beats Rutgers then Rutgers is toast and not in any discussion for BCS. But who goes to the BCS between U of L and WVU? U of L SHOULD still be ahead of WVU in the next BCS due to head to head win, so if we win out I'm not sure whether they could jump us.

According to the Big East rules, if there's a three-way tie and each team went 1-1 against the other two, whichever team is ranked highest in the BCS at the end of the season is the champion.