TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

Survivor Series Match

I'd suspect that a new match won't be announced until Sunday, because (Smackdown spoilers below)...

"Long tells Booker that since Batista did him a favor, he was going to return the favor by giving Batista an opportunity at the World Championship at Survivor Series."

That means it should be announced Friday night on the website.

"Chavo tells Benoit that he is going to take the United States championship at Survivor Series. "

That means it's announced beforehand, which would mean it's being announced tomorrow.

"Mr. Kennedy came out to challenge the Undertaker at Survivor Series. "

What ensued was a beatdown on Taker, so he's accepting Saturday or Sunday.

I'd suspect that a new match won't be announced until Sunday

Actually, there's going to be a match announced at 3PM each day until Monday at 3.

7 matches total.

So, 5 days, five more to go.

And I get to see this stuff live.

I say the last three macthes end up being:

Flair Piper Duggan Slaughter Dusty

Vs

SS, Eugene

Haas, Vis, Cade, Murdock, Teachers Pets, Heymans Roit Squad, Burke Terkay

Vs

Cryme Time, Highlanders, London, Kendricks, FBI, Sandman, Dreamer

Taker, Carlito, Vito, Balls, Crazy

Vs

Kennedy, Benjerman, Holly, Regal, Masters

I can't be the only one who's loving this. It's a much-needed return to the Survivor Series tradition that made the show unique.

What's interesting is that Smackdown appears to be having 3 specific brand matches while Raw might have one with either a tag title match or woman's title match and ECW won't have anything.

Are we sure that the matches that are annouced on Smackdown this week will count as matches being annouced on WWE.com? I though WWE.com was going to annouce a match for the PPV reguardless of what else was going to be promoted.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Are we sure that the matches that are annouced on Smackdown this week will count as matches being annouced on WWE.com? I though WWE.com was going to annouce a match for the PPV reguardless of what else was going to be promoted.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/survivorseries/matches/

The PPV will have seven matches total, announced on WWE.com, including any matches made on Smackdown this week.

Who else wants to hear Vince open the pay per view with . . .

"TEAM CAPTAINS TTTRRRRIPPPLE H AND EDGE JOIN FORCES WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAM MEMBERS SHAWN MICHAELS, EDGE, JEFF HARDY, JOHNNY NITRO, MATT HARDY, GREGORY HELMS, CM PUNK, ALONG WITH MIKE KNOX! IT'S D-X AGAINST TEAM RATED RKO!!!!

WWE CHAMPION JOHN CENA AND ECW CHAMPION BIG SHOW LEAD THEIR TEAMS INTO BATTLE COMPRISED OF KANE, MVP, LASHLEY, FINLAY, SABU, TEST, ROB VAN DAM, AND UUUUUUMMAGA!!! IT'S THE CHAIN GANG AGAINST THE SHOWSTOPPERS!!!

IT'S THE SSSUUURRRRRRRVVVVIIIIVVVVOOORRRRRR SERRRIEEEEES!!!!!"

I'd mark out.

It only works if it has the turkey graphic followed by the block pictures side by side. Go all retro here, WWE. I want the old jukebox entrance, I want the announcers sitting by the video screen. If only they moved it back to Thanksgiving Eve.

I regularly hear the old SS theme music (with the saxophone, you know the one...) on the radio as background music for various commercials on WIP 610 in Philly/NJ.

It makes me think of this...

:::wrestler is eliminated from a team:::

Piper: "Hold on, Gorilla, I gotta mark him off my sheet!"

Who else wants to hear Vince open the pay per view with . . .

"TEAM CAPTAINS TTTRRRRIPPPLE H AND EDGE JOIN FORCES WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAM MEMBERS SHAWN MICHAELS, EDGE, JEFF HARDY, JOHNNY NITRO, MATT HARDY, GREGORY HELMS, CM PUNK, ALONG WITH MIKE KNOX! IT'S D-X AGAINST TEAM RATED RKO!!!!

WWE CHAMPION JOHN CENA AND ECW CHAMPION BIG SHOW LEAD THEIR TEAMS INTO BATTLE COMPRISED OF KANE, MVP, LASHLEY, FINLAY, SABU, TEST, ROB VAN DAM, AND UUUUUUMMAGA!!! IT'S THE CHAIN GANG AGAINST THE SHOWSTOPPERS!!!

IT'S THE SSSUUURRRRRRRVVVVIIIIVVVVOOORRRRRR SERRRIEEEEES!!!!!"

I laughed so fuckin hard when I read this...That's fuckin classic Vince right there..I would mind seeing Vince do some announcing in the Classic McMahon tone.."Anything can happen here in World Wrestling Entertainment"..."We got a new champion One..Two...Thr.He Got......Oh no he kicked out...I thought for he had him!"

Vince McMahon's Announcing > Everybody Else's

I really wish he'd come back for one night and do commentary again. I think the last time he did was during the Halftime Heat thing where Mankind beat Rock for the WWF Championship.

I really wish he'd come back for one night and do commentary again. I think the last time he did was during the Halftime Heat thing where Mankind beat Rock for the WWF Championship.

I'd only want him to announce at Survivor Series if he wears that hideous blue jacket with the WWF block logo on it...Now that would be Classic Vince

according to WWE.com, Flair and Piper will be defending the Tag Titles at Survivor Series.

so who could their opponent's be?

I'd like a four-way including Highlanders, Cryme Tyme and Jeter/Doane.

I'd make it one fall rules and have Doane do the Owen turn on Jeter. Have SS split in the next couple weeks for good but Jeter convinces that if they both take this seriously, they could be champions again without the stupid cheerleader stuff. By doing the Owen turn, you can get Jeter over as a face and really get Doane over as a heel.

Jeter taking a knee injury during the match with the three face teams working it over but giving him respect for fighting back but Jeter just can't get the tag to Doane and Jeter finally passes out in the Figure Four. They can keep pushing why Doane never came in or tried to make the tag throughout the match, then after the match, Doane attacks Jeter's injured leg.

I figure they are putting the titles on Rated RKO anyways, no need to change the titles at the show but use this match to put over two new guys.

Not a bad nostalgic idea, but Jeter would never get babyface heat in a match with Flair and Piper. In Philly, nonetheless.

"I figure they are putting the titles on Rated RKO anyways"

I don't. Rated RKO said when they formed that their goal was to capture multiple titles. Not hold the worthless tag titles that, if they were going to win them, would've on Raw is Heels.

"What will World Tag Team Champions "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & Ric Flair be going up against..."

The fact that is say WHAT and not WHO, for some reason, makes me think either A)Survivor Series Match or B) Multi-Team Title Match.

Spirit Squad (w/ Mitch) vs. World Tag Team Champions Ric Flair & Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter & Dusty Rhodes (with Arn Anderson)

is announced

Former World Tag Team Champions the Spirit Squad have hade their problems with the legendary “Nature Boy” Ric Flair as of late. At Survivor Series, they’ll have a heaping helping of Legend trouble, as Squad members Johnny, Kenny, Mikey and Nicky will face Flair, Dusty Rhodes and WWE Hall of Famers “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Sgt. Slaughter in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match.

Problems began when each member of the Squad tried to defeat Flair in singles action; three were unsuccessful before Kenny finally achieved the goal. However, a match was made pitting Flair and a legendary partner of the WWE fans’ choosing against the Squad for the World Tag Team Titles at Cyber Sunday. The options were Piper, Slaughter and Rhodes; WWE fans chose Piper, and he and the “Nature Boy” defeated Kenny and Mikey to claim the gold.

Despite not being chosen, Slaughter and Rhodes were firmly in Flair & Piper’s corner, helping them dispatch the Squad following the match. But at Survivor Series, all four will get the chance to battle the cheerleading quintet.

The Squad’s fifth member, Mitch, will be lurking at ringside as always; however, the Legends team will have another one in their corner, as Flair’s best friend and former Four Horsemen teammate Arn Anderson will be at ringside with them. Will experience triumph over youth once more, or will the Squad finally get it back on track against four of the all-time greats?

Check back tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET for the announcement of another Survivor Series match.

Why couldn't they just do 5 vs 5 and put Arn in the match? He wouldn't even have to wrestle; the legends could win without him ever getting into the match. I was really hoping for a tag title match, so I'm pretty disappointed.

So we officially have three elimination matches this year, awesome. I don't see why they don't put Duggan with the legends and have all 5 of the Squad wrestle and/or Eugene, but I guess only the main event matches get 5 on 5. I suspect this match will not be long, and I would not be surprised to see Slaughter get his 2nd "entire team survives" victory (if I'm remembering the 1991 Series right). Funny that FIFTEEN YEARS ago Flair and Piper captained opposing teams and are now, as world tag champions, co-captaining a team together.

So now what? With the two SD only one on one matches announced on Friday, I doubt we will see Taker vs Kennedy one on one again. We now have a RAW only 5 v 5 match, so will SD get one? Taker/London/Kendrick/Yang/Vito vs Kennedy/James/Stevens/Sylvan/Regal? Or will it be something like the 5 vs 5 I mentioned before..Kennedy/Regal/Shelton/Masters/Holly vs. Taker/Vito/Super Crazy/Carlito/Sandman? I dont see them not including Carlito on the show, and I think they want a little more ECW representation, so I hope they go with my suggestion. I also am wondering why Cryme Tyme isn't getting a match..unless they do and the women's title doesnt get defended.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

So only the three Smackdown matches left, and one other match. Maybe Lita/Mickie, in Lita's last match.

you know WWE wont have a show without the women being involved somwhere so it depends if they will go for a womens title match or a survivor series match. maybe mickie and Lita as team captains.

Im sold on this show for the elimination matches. I really hope the Taker and Kennedy match is a 5 on 5 deal and not singles. They should keep the singles matches to a minimum.