TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

Survivor Series Match

Guest Bammey

They need some type of World Title defense. The SurSeries Elimination is cool and all but there needs to be that big World title PPV match that people could look forward to and know what their ordering is something other then a bunch of Elimination Matches that could be done on a brand show, and a few undercard matches. The matches so far are good though.

They need some type of World Title defense. The SurSeries Elimination is cool and all but there needs to be that big World title PPV match that people could look forward to and know what their ordering is something other then a bunch of Elimination Matches that could be done on a brand show, and a few undercard matches. The matches so far are good though.

There will be a World Title and likely a Woman's title match as well. Survivor Series was built off the idea of the elimination matches. Fans still watch the Rumble because of the concept and the history it has. Survivor Series dropped from that nostalgic edge by making it one match per show. A show that will have 3 or 4 of these matches is fresher for the company and since the matches are so "wacky" but appealing, you get more interest this way then you would have had they done the Team ECW/Team SD/Team Raw match and a bunch of other stuff.

Booker v. Batista will be on the card.

Yeah, today's announced match was rather obvious for spoiler readers, and tomorrow's will probably re-announce the other one we know (but probably with a stipulation). Sunday and Monday are up in the air although one will probably officially announce Kennedy vs Taker in some sort of match.

Monday's one might be made obvious after the Raw taping in England.

Not to derail this thread for a second time, but what is the story there? With the Fantasy rosters still locking at 7pm eastern, I assumed Raw was going to be almost live on Monday (that would only be 5pm UK time, right?). Fantasy has been messing up lately, though, which sucks because I never read Raw spoilers for taped shows (despite always reading SD ones) and it's tough to be competitive if the Fantasy Board f's up and everyone else cheats.

Its unfortunate that they wont have 8 matches. Because there are two really good options they could go with 8 matches. At 7, all they have left is the World Title match, the Taker-Kenndy match and a token womans match. Yah the womans match could be 1-1 or a Elim Tag and Kennedy-Taker could end up being Elim too, but we are really limited.

If they would do 8, they could do a Womans and Hevayweight Title Match with a Taker-Carlito-Vito-Balls-Crazy vs Kennedy-Benjerman-Regal-Holly-Masters AND a 10 Tag team war ala late 80's.

Also, they could do the Heavyweight Title match and make Taker-Kennedy singles. Combine that with a Elim Womans match (Mickie-Torrie-Candice-Ashley-face Blonde on SD vs Lita-Melina-Victoria-Diva winner-Michelle) and a 3 way Brand match with Cryme Time-Carlito-Masters-Benjerman vs Holly-Sandman-Dreamer-Balls-Stryker vs London-Kendricks-Vito-Regal-Wang

I am beginning to wonder if they are going to consider matches actually made on the shows to be part of the WWE.com listings. Like, let's say you take out Cena and Umaga from the one Elim, replace them with two other guys, and have them have a match at the PPV that would have been signed last Monday...would they have included that in the listing? I mean, going by spoilers, one match is SET UP to be signed, the other one is basically signed....maybe the signed one won't be included in the WWE.com thing, meaning that there could be 8 matches on the PPV instead of 7... though I could see the DX one going 30 minutes plus, easy.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Yeah, today's announced match was rather obvious for spoiler readers, and tomorrow's will probably re-announce the other one we know (but probably with a stipulation). Sunday and Monday are up in the air although one will probably officially announce Kennedy vs Taker in some sort of match.
Monday's one might be made obvious after the Raw taping in England.
Not to derail this thread for a second time, but what is the story there? With the Fantasy rosters still locking at 7pm eastern, I assumed Raw was going to be almost live on Monday (that would only be 5pm UK time, right?). Fantasy has been messing up lately, though, which sucks because I never read Raw spoilers for taped shows (despite always reading SD ones) and it's tough to be competitive if the Fantasy Board f's up and everyone else cheats.

The taping in England will start at 7:30pm, UK time, or 2:30pm Eastern. Which means full spoilers should be online around 5:30pm/6pm Eastern.

I am beginning to wonder if they are going to consider matches actually made on the shows to be part of the WWE.com listings. Like, let's say you take out Cena and Umaga from the one Elim, replace them with two other guys, and have them have a match at the PPV that would have been signed last Monday...would they have included that in the listing? I mean, going by spoilers, one match is SET UP to be signed, the other one is basically signed....maybe the signed one won't be included in the WWE.com thing, meaning that there could be 8 matches on the PPV instead of 7... though I could see the DX one going 30 minutes plus, easy.

It is worth noting that WWE.com proclaims the 7 matches being announced as being announced "exclusively" on WWE.com.

Thanks for clearing that up, HBST. Another week where playing Fantasy is pretty useless.

We're luck Cyber Sunday was just last month and not several months ago, or they would be able to see the low buyrate and nix the whole interbrand matchups and blame Smackdown and Ecw for not drawing.

I dont even know why Im excited about these matches and I didnt give a crap about the champion of champions ME last month. I'm programmed to only care about the big star world champions right?

A wildcard or jobber Survivor match would be cool, but I think anymore would kill the crowd if they spread out the undercard too thinly. Benoit/Guerrero sounds heatless. They couldve teased that more by adding them to the Dx match or insert them and take out Hardy and Helms.

Cena and MVP in the same ring... who says dream matches dont exist anymore?

nine25, one of the selling points of the Team DX vs. Team Rated RKO match was that the Hardy Boyz were re-uniting as a team for the first time since 2002.

So taking Matt out of the match wouldn't have worked like you think.

Plus, if WWE remembered their feud, it gives him one more chance to try and get at Edge.

I had this silly idea where Team Rated RKO is "chillin" in the back before their match and Edge appears to have come from a shower/sex and then Lita comes in just before her title defense with Mickie and it's clear she wasn't in the shower with Edge. Lita asks Edge if he'll be watching the match but Edge claims he has to go over plans with the team. Lita simply shrugs and leaves, Edge goes back into the other room to finish what he was doing.

On the way to the ring, Lita crosses paths with Matt. Matt makes a "Good Luck" remark and Lita thinks he is being condescending but Matt means it and says he'll never forgive her but he still hopes for the best for Lita. Lita says thanks and walks away with a smile.

Lita jobs to Mickie clean but they do a respect angle. Lita comes back and Edge doesn't react until he notices that Lita isn't carrying the title and he pretends that he's outraged and that Mickie cheated even though Lita insists that it was clean. Lita, in frustration leaves the room and says she'll be back later.

During the match, about mid-way Edge and Matt FINALLY clash. It ends with Lita "accidently" tripping Edge into a Twist of Fate from Matt and Matt gets the "upset" pin. Edge is angry but Lita doesn't seem to care but Edge starts to stalk Lita around the ring. They chase but it ends with Lita hitting Edge with the ring bell that Matt throws at her. Edge is knocked out and Lita stands over Edge with a grin. Matt comes up and relishes in Edge's state.

Lita leans in for a kiss with Matt but Matt side steps her and simply nods his head and Lita understands.

The next day we find out that either Lita requested to retire or that Edge had Lita's WWE contract terminated. This way it ends up making Edge look even more of a dirtbag, Matt gets that last laugh over Edge for now, Lita drops the title, comes off as a face in the end and screws Edge. Then Matt and Lita have now settled things but made it clear it's not the same.

It just wraps up everything Lita has been doing the last year.

Is there really anything to the notion that Smackdown draws way less than Raw in terms of TV ratings or PPV buyrates? Since SD has moved to the CW I'd say the number of viewers is right around that of Raw. And I do recall reading that the Judgment Day buyrate ended up higher than Backlash.

it's a good plan, Hawk...but you DO realize it involves Matt Hardy getting over...right?

I see it more as "Edge gets screwed and gets what he deserved" which is how they would spin it, Matt/Edge is going to be a modern Shawn/Bret in that they will always have problems and history with each other dating from their arrival as tag team and as they moved into the singles world combined with their legit heat. Doing something like that would just add to something that's likely to be an issue even 5 years from now. Besides, it still makes Edge look like the focal point of that entire thing with Matt looking like a fluke.

Besides, Edge will get it back later anyways.

And today's announced match is the obvious Booker T vs. Batista World Title match. Please tell me there will be some stipulation to be added.

And today's announced match is the obvious Booker T vs. Batista World Title match. Please tell me there will be some stipulation to be added.

It's going be another non-finish/DQ anyways, if plans to hold off on putting the title on Batista until WM is still in effect. I was thinking a cage match since there's been alot of dealings with run-in's and Sharmell's involvment but I don't think they will bother with giving it a sexy stipulation.

It will be less than 10 minutes, have a non finish, and be awful like all their other chemistry lacking matches. Normally that's a terrible thing for a world title match, but if it gives more time to the top two elimination matches, I'm all for it.

(Note I'm advocating it being quick and done with, not being awful).

Why does Lita deserve redemption?

It's not really Lita getting redemption at anything, but rather making Edge look even more of a scumbag and in the process wraps up Lita/Matt but keeps the future of Matt and Edge alive. Lita ends up the ultimate loser as she loses the title, realizes Edge never really cared about her and that she lost something in Matt. Lita gets screwed like she did to Matt and it's Matt, whom always been the sympathic babyface who sends her Lita out the door in a symbolic way. You really can't have Lita just walk out the company without SOME closure with Matt considering that most of her tenure has involved him.

We all know Lita is leaving and the only logical way for her to leave is for Edge to kick her out the curb which makes him a bigger asshole especially if they find someone to replace him.

I'd just prefer Mickie James beat Lita in a Loser Leaves the WWE match.

Chris Jericho left kicking and screaming in his final match.

That's how Jericho should have left because it was the perfect way to go with his character out but you can't have Lita leave without involving Edge and Matt because those two centered around her entire tenure in WWE.

It's hardly complex to have that type of situation with Lita/Matt/Edge and it doesn't require anything more then Lita putting Mickie over, getting Edge over as a scumbag once again, give Matt the last laugh with Lita(and adding to a long storied rivalry with Edge) and Lita goes out having ruined everything for herself by her actions.

Having Lita just go away by a Loser Leaves Town stipulation is pointless when you can do so much more without going overboard.

Also, it lends the possibility of a Savage/Liz type moment if they really wanted to go that route (and I think it'd work if it weren't in Philly).

Considering that there's still time to build, it just requires Edge to bring up the issue with Matt again (and he has done so even without Matt's presence) and time to hint dissension from Lita and Edge.

I like the Lita/Hardy/Edge/Mickie idea but would tweak it. Have Mickie and Lita in a retirement match and have Edge turn on Lita, costing her the match and pairing Mickie and Edge for future storyline purposes as I really think Edge needs the slutty valet to add to his smarmy character. Post match Edge and Mickie would continue to berate Lita, while Mickie would continue to beat on her, with Edge holding Lita down etc. This would lead to Hardy making the save and a one night "reunion" moment to give the Lita character a decent enough send off(the relationship issues were storylined as well and can have a storyline wrap-up) and give the fans a happy ending. Lita would still be "retired" due to the stipulations of the match and Hardy would still be on SD!, with Edge and Mickie on Raw so the storyline would begin and end at the PPV.

I think the crowd would go nuts seeing Matt Hardy racing down the aisle to make the save. Sorta like when Elizabeth came out of the crowd to save Macho Man from the Sherri assault.