TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Actually, X, PRIME is 28-32, so he's still got one more year to go. And he wouldn't decline until after the deal is up.

Guest Vitamin X

well it's a good thing he harassed Bill Polian on IM then, isn't it!

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, I believe he's something of a hybrid player, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ravens play a 3-4, so at times, because Suggs is so quick and he played he position in college, he can actually drop into coverage as a linebacker, although, technically, his "main" position is DE.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Next Offseason Assessment question:

Biggest free agent acquisition?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I rate New England getting Adailus Thomas pretty highly. He's big, fast, and versatile, plus he's healthy, but with plenty of experience with an otherwise really good defense.

They'll win the division soundly this year.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Do you mean biggest as in the biggest name to switch teams or biggest as in someone who will instantly improve the team?

The latter, although I suppose both are valid.

I rate New England getting Adailus Thomas pretty highly. He's big, fast, and versatile, plus he's healthy, but with plenty of experience with an otherwise really good defense.

Well duh. They could get rid of half the squad, and still win the AFC East soundly this year.

God, I miss the days when the AFC East was one of the best in football.

Guest •
well it's a good thing he harassed Bill Polian on IM then, isn't it!

Prime Guy is gone! I tried asking him about Prime, because I still have his screen name somewhere, but I got no replies. Maybe he's in decline.

Commish Goodell is kicking himself right about now for starting the "zero tolerance" policy. Now Goodell will have to hand out a major suspension to one of the league's biggest stars to avoid being perceived as a joke.

Why would he be kicking himself? The NFL doesn't need Michael Vick. The policy was put in place to clean up the league and if that means sending Vick off into the sunset, so be it.

The question now is do they suspend him for this coming season, or wait until this goes to trial?

It is a different situation though. It's a conduct policy and whether or not Pacman/Henry had any convictions, they were involved with multiple incidents that were deemed inappropriate by the league. Vick is now being implicated, but it is a far more serious crime, and the evidence is far more protected.

The feds rarely come out with an indictment unless they have a ton of evidence and a good idea that they can get a conviction. This probably moves along really quickly. I don't think Vick plays a down this year.

I don't think Goodell does anything for a little while here. Given it is Vick's first offense (granted it is a biggie), I think they wait until getting more facts and/or a conviction/plea.

And WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with these guys?!? Instead of just putting down the dogs they didn't want they brutally kill them (drowning, throwing against the ground, wetting down and electrocuting?!?). I have a sick mind, but these guys make me sick.

I don't think Goodell does anything for a little while here. Given it is Vick's first offense (granted it is a biggie), I think they wait until getting more facts and/or a conviction/plea.

And WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with these guys?!? Instead of just putting down the dogs they didn't want they brutally kill them (drowning, throwing against the ground, wetting down and electrocuting?!?). I have a sick mind, but these guys make me sick.

The details in the indictment will nauseate America. That's exactly why Goodell can't afford to wait.

It's probably cheaper that way than to buy medicines to euthanize them. Plus you can't exactly order them in bulk (I mean they had to kill a lot of dogs) without setting off red flags.

Even a shotgun between the eyes (or anything making it quick) would be better than what they were doing.

There is only so much Goodell can do though, unless he gets the winkwinknudgenudge from the NFLPA that they won't cause a commotion over this. And still then Vick might be able to follow through with his own lawyers. If the policy says first time offenders (w/o a conviction or a plea) get a slap on the wrist, then what else can he do?

Vick deserves to be killed. Honestly. People that do shit like that are not human. Jail time is not really the proper punishment for someone like this. Just off the fucker and that's that, but let me know when it's going to happen so I can bring over my dogs to piss on his grave.

A.D. is gonna be a bust for the Pats. See: Hartwell, Ed

"We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

"The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts."

Looks like he will be taking the field until he's convicted.

Vick probably won't get a conviction. THeir entire case is based on witness accounts, which any lawyer will tear apart. Plus with the small punishment attached, the other two guys named in the case will probably claim it was all them and Vick had nothing to do with it. Looking at the indictment, they don't have anything material to link Vick. Only the claims of a few informants.

Now do I think he actually did it? The level of specifics of some of the stories are striking (the ones about him coming to the fights and such). The dog killings, all of them are "after consulting Vick" and then the other two killed the dogs. Thos are iffy hearsay crap. But involved, yeah, he probably was. But he isn't going to get convicted on this.

But there is no way they could suspend him for this upcoming season. It would have to be after a conviction.

A.D. is gonna be a bust for the Pats. See: Hartwell, Ed

Ed Hartwell's downfall was two major knee injuries. Its not as if he just plain started to suck because he no longer played for the Ravens.

And then the Falcons cut him like Idiots.

He had been injured twice in his career(both year with the falcons). THey should have given him more time.

Now that POS Kieth Brooking is back at Middle linebacker. He will get 200 tackles this year....none for a loss and all of them in the secondary.

Vick probably won't get a conviction. THeir entire case is based on witness accounts, which any lawyer will tear apart. Plus with the small punishment attached, the other two guys named in the case will probably claim it was all them and Vick had nothing to do with it. Looking at the indictment, they don't have anything material to link Vick. Only the claims of a few informants.

Now do I think he actually did it? The level of specifics of some of the stories are striking (the ones about him coming to the fights and such). The dog killings, all of them are "after consulting Vick" and then the other two killed the dogs. Thos are iffy hearsay crap. But involved, yeah, he probably was. But he isn't going to get convicted on this.

I don't think there's any way the feds would have indicted him if their case was as flimsy as you make it sound. These aren't state prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves or get re-elected. The feds usually get people they go after.

But there is no way they could suspend him for this upcoming season. It would have to be after a conviction.

This I agree with. Expect howls of protest about a double-standard, though.

Are you out of your mind? That's a nineteen page federal indictment, with over fourteen pages of overt acts towards the crime, many of which pertain directly to the condition of Vick's property throughout federal investigation. The evidence includes dog purchases that coincide directly after Vick bought the house, alterations made to Vick's property to facilitate dog fighting, and "equipment" (including about 50 pit bulls, some of which had injuries consistent with those one would expect from dog fighting) used for the continued operation of breeding and testing the dogs for fighting. The multiple pages of "witness accounts" are just the cherry on the shit sundae.