TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO TNA Genesis PPV Thread - November/19th/2006.

Eric Young D. Bobby Roode

Naturals D. Sonjay/Lethal

VKM D. Weirdos (After match Raven canned Devine)

Daniels D. Sabin

Truth/Hoyt D. Shelley/Aries.

Christian D. AJ

Rhino came out to talk to AJ/Daniels and told them to shake hands.

AJ said Thanks DR.Phil, but I dont need a psychatrist and walked away.

It's about time Abyss won the title. I have no problem with the title change. Still don't know if Sting signed a contract extention, so it's not bad.

Okay, I know I'm not a regular poster in the TNA forum, so I don't know how valid my thoughts are, and it's 3.41am here in England, but let me get this straight.

Abyss has been given the World Title, beating Sting by DQ.

LAX have been STRIPPED of the belts on PPV.

Samoa Joe has lost his undefeated steak AND tapped out which I assume is clean.

I haven't even watched it, but I think that's it for TNA now.

This sounds like a clusterfuck of such proportion it would kill a company......not good to piss off fans when you don't have that many to begin with.

how did the fans react to an 11 minute wrestling match?(or however long it was)

There's no shame in Joe tapping after a long fought battle but after only 11-13 minutes or so? How is that possible?

So they put the NWA title on Sting and didn't even use him to get anybody over, and couldn't even get him to drop it by pinfall. This company is giving WWE a run for it's money when it comes to illogical booking decisions. Welcome back Russo!

how did the fans react to an 11 minute wrestling match?(or however long it was)

They weren't at home counting the minutes so they loved the match.

I should play devil's advocate here and point out that Angle has great power over his programs, and has been meeting with creative/Russo about things...so the Joe/Angle debacle should not be placed (at least not completely) on Vinny Ru's shoulders. Kurt likely had a lot of say so going into this.

It seems if anything that it was the impetus for Joe to grow into more of a monster heel role, with the whole "hard way" talk. However hyping the match the way they did and using it as a steppingstone is bad business.

So much for all those TNA apologists that really thought they were good after an overblown and over praised extended episode.

When WWE is better at booking with logic and common sense, you should just fold. The "quality" wrestling doesn't excuse anything when there is better wrestling available for the same niche market that they can only attract and especially when it means nothing with these moronic booking moves.

Let's not pretend this is Russo. This is an entire brain dead company. Dixie might be a brilliant business woman but she can't run a wrestling promotion. Things will never change as long as she buys what Jeff tells her.

Guest Coffey

HTQ, after reading your pre-PPV talk about why Joe should go over, I'd be very interested in reading a PPV summary/recap whenever you get a chance to see the show.

So much for all those TNA apologists that really thought they were good after an overblown and over praised extended episode.

When WWE is better at booking with logic and common sense, you should just fold. The "quality" wrestling doesn't excuse anything when there is better wrestling available for the same niche market that they can only attract and especially when it means nothing with these moronic booking moves.

Let's not pretend this is Russo. This is an entire brain dead company. Dixie might be a brilliant business woman but she can't run a wrestling promotion. Things will never change as long as she buys what Jeff tells her.

Good point. TNA's booking hasn't made sense since....ever.