TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Survivor Series Thread - November/26th/2006.

Live report from someone else @ CZW site, 7th row hard camera:

"That was me! I had a Vince Fears Necro! sign. They took it 1 or 2 matches into it. I asked why, he said nothing. I responded by saying it was about Katie Vick and HHH and it almost worked. Then he said no and asked me if I wanted to make something out of it. My friend had a Bring Back Machoman Randy Savage sign. They took that also and that really baffles me, because before the show they played a video with him all over it and I believe the Survivor Series opening video had him in it. Then I was chanting Fuck You Cena, like about 1/2 crowd. This security lady came up to me and said stop cursing there are kids. I said I'm sorry, then I thought about it, there was a DILDO in the ring tonight. I asked her if that was appropriate for kids she got really mad at that point and told me to keep quiet. Security was really fired up tonight. They must of taken at least 20 signs at ringside and had talkings to a lot of people for random things. That's a lot worse than they where at Raw over the summer and that on regular TV."

I thought Vince doesn't do 'dildos,' just like he doesnt do murder/rape.

I'm shocked how the WWE are acting like a bunch of censorship morons when it comes to signs, some of them being unoffensive at all! Hell, maybe WWE shoud just go out and piss everybody off by banning them completely.

Edit: Even though the match sucked, I'm glad both Smackdown as well as a world title match was the main event.

It's more than a little ridiculous to be taking away 'Thank You Lita' and 'Vince fears Necro!' signs when they're prepared to book a program like Mysterio/Chavo and now Benoit/Chavo.

This PPV was better than Cyber Sunday but worse than No Mercy. Taker/Kennedy was good. Chavo/Benoit was decent. Batista/Booker was disappointing. Team Cena/team Bigshow was average. Team RKO/team DX was crap. Spirit Squad/Flair's team was also crap.

I can't wait for the next Smackdown-only PPV, Armageddon!

I know some are upset that Booker lost the title, but the way the booking had been set up Batista had to win. Since he came back Batista has only talked about winning the title (for close to 5 months). Also, how many non-title wins has he had? There comes a point where you either have to pull the trigger or risk turning someone into Lex Luger. Batista was on the Lex Luger doorstep.

Also, did the Survivor Series teams come out as teams or did each individual or team get an entrance?

I was disappointed I decided not to order originally, but after reading the reviews it sounds like it's a good thing I saved my 40 bucks. Sounds pretty "eh" from the reviews.

Also, did the Survivor Series teams come out as teams or did each individual or team get an entrance?

Invidually (except for the Spirit Squad obviously as well as D-X and Orton / Edge who have an awesome mix of their theme songs mashed up). It was awesome, especially with Arn Anderson coming out to the Horsemen theme from 98 - 99, my favorite version of the stable!

Jeez, I completely forgot that there was a p.p.v. tonight but it seems that I didn't miss anything special. My interest for wrestling is dying day by day that it doesn't even bother me if I miss a p.p.v. or not.

I was disappointed I decided not to order originally, but after reading the reviews it sounds like it's a good thing I saved my 40 bucks. Sounds pretty "eh" from the reviews.

Do they really charge $40 for WWE PPVs now? God. And they have a PPV like every couple weeks it seems.

Do they really charge $40 for WWE PPVs now? God. And they have a PPV like every couple weeks it seems.

No, I was exagerrating. It's really only $39.95 :P

To be honest, this would've been the first one I ordered in a long time. Just glad I saved my cash.

Next PPV is next week: ECW's December to Dismember.

12/3

12/10*

12/17

1/7

1/14*

1/28

2/11*

2/18

3/18*

4/1

*TNA pay-per-view.

Yeesh...three wrestling PPVs in December, three in January. That's nuts. However, I understand they still make good money off each PPV, so I doubt either company will cut back anytime soon.

I think WWE are trying to beat TNA at seeing who can book the worst.

I know the Squad are jokes, but having Flair beat three of them in a row and clean just makes it that much harder to salvage them when the gimmick gets kiboshed. Orton and Edge had whatever heat they've got squashed. At least if they had walked out they'd have saved some of their heat. As it is, they've ended all possibility of them being taken seriously as foes for DX. That's why DX matches get disappointing heat. Nobody cares because nobody really believes they'll lose. And even if they do lose, it's always a fluke and DX get their heat back right away. If Umaga was getting protected by losing via DQ, couldn't he have at least laid everyone out? Batista getting the World Title was the right ending and that last minute change that the title can be lost on a DQ had to be a shot at TNA. I can only surmise the finish was done so they can extend the program between Batista and Booker, otherwise there was no reason not to have Batista win clean.

I think WWE are trying to beat TNA at seeing who can book the worst.

I know the Squad are jokes, but having Flair beat three of them in a row and clean just makes it that much harder to salvage them when the gimmick gets kiboshed. Orton and Edge had whatever heat they've got squashed. At least if they had walked out they'd have saved some of their heat. As it is, they've ended all possibility of them being taken seriously as foes for DX. That's why DX matches get disappointing heat. Nobody cares because nobody really believes they'll lose. And even if they do lose, it's always a fluke and DX get their heat back right away. If Umaga was getting protected by losing via DQ, couldn't he have at least laid everyone out? Batista getting the World Title was the right ending and that last minute change that the title can be lost on a DQ had to be a shot at TNA. I can only surmise the finish was done so they can extend the program between Batista and Booker, otherwise there was no reason not to have Batista win clean.

Edge and Orton didn't lose any heat from the finish to the match. It was 5 on 2 and they're chicken shit heels to boot. Didn't make a difference. Agree with you on pretty much everything else though.

I forgot to add making Kennedy look weak. The least they could have done was let him be the one to nail Undertaker with the chairshot.

Edge and Orton didn't have to get beaten clean. It was the middle of the card. so they could have easily walked out and got counted out. It's not like the show was ending on a sour note.

It made a big difference. Instead of having Orton try to fight the 5 faces off, he runs away and gets killed by DX and DX alone. All the other 3 did was drag him into the ring.

HTQ, is stretching to act as if WWE took a shot at TNA with the DQ title change finish stipulation considering it's a gimmick that dates back many years that even WWE used. Timing was suspect but considering the nature of the Batista/Booker feud, it fit in the context. If they wanted to duplicate/mock TNA, they should have just stripped the titles from RKO out of nowhere.

Looking back at the show, it wasn't that it was not entertaining because it sorta was thanks mostly to a hot crowd and somewhat spirited effort but the booking was so moronic, it felt like a genuine TNA show minus the indy style wrestling.

Has anyone made the joke about how on Team DX, there was a guy that loves Pepsi teaming with a guy that loves coke? I made that joke at last night and it got a good pop.

Reading all the WO.com feedback, it's seems very diverse. There are people calling the show downright awful and people saying it was spectacular. I think it all depends what your view was going in. I was pretty pumped for a 25+ minute 10 man elimination tag between Team RKO and Team DX and I didn't get it, but I still thought it was a mildly entertaining show with some odd booking choices.

"ok, but to say 'Stick in a fork in RVD'..."

Read the points I have prepared and see if you change your mind, Scroby.

It deals with how RVD's credibility and interest have been destroyed since July 4th.

- Rob Van Dam was a very popular holder of both the WWE and ECW World Titles.

- He lost both titles on consecutive live television broadcasts.

- ECW celebrated its return to Philadelphia by jobbing RVD to THE BIG SHOW.

- RVD was not seen on TV for a month.

- He comes back and HE IS LEFT OFF OF SUMMERSLAM.

- RVD then gets into a feud with HARDCORE HOLLY, proven ratings nightmare.

- The big "RVD Vs. Show" rematch is seen on ECW TV on back-to-back weeks, drawing in no new viewers and setting up ANOTHER rematch. By the way, perhaps due to Show's injured state, BOTH MATCHES ARE AWFUL. That screams "I'll pay to see it again!"

- So the story in ECW is "Okay RVD, you got your title match." What does WWE do? GIVES 4 OTHER PEOPLE A TITLE SHOT, TOO! Such faith in RVD as a draw!

- CM Punk is put with DX and given a big rub in Philadelphia.

- Lashley is brought to ECW and subsequently bulldozes through Show and Holly in 1 week...damn, that RVD needed months to get the best of them!

- RVD comes back to Philly...

AND GETS PINNED BY FUCKING TEST CLEANLY.

"Hell its not like they were the only two who were booked badly tonight."

Other wrestlers' storylines doesn't change the fact that Van Dam continues to be jostled down the card in ECW and he is booked badly tonight. The emotional payoff for the Philly fans was non-existant after the July 4th bullshit that probably killed 1/2 of Philly's ECW viewership. Now I'm hoping that RVD *doesn't* get the belt at the PPV in a week, just because it'll hurt the company, being that the marks now see RVD as the #3 babyface and the smarks don't see any competition for Van Dam outside of the terrible Test, Holly, Knox, and Show.

You sir, look to deeply into wrestling.

-He got pinned by Test, so what? Test is also in the main event scene in ECW.

-RVD lost both titles as a punishment, we all know that and thats also why he lost both titles in the same week.

-RVD's feud with Holly has given us some good matches.

- The Elimation Chamber match was booked as a way Heyman could possiblly keep RVD away from the title as a last ditch effort.

-CM Punk and Lashley have nothing to do with RVD, why you threw their names in there as "Valid points" is just dumb.

-Yes Lashley came out and ran through Show and Holly, whats your point? Lashely has also been booked as a powerful hoss.

-and you were expecting RVD to be the sole survivor of his team? John Cena's team none the less? If you didn't notice the booking of last night elimation matches, all the captains of the winning teams were not elimated.

Again, I personnally think you look to deeply into wrestling. I still see you as the die-hard Indians fan who turned his back on the Indians in Major League Baseball 2. Your going months back to something most fans won't even remember happening about RVD. You have to remember that besides RVD and the Big show, you have 4 other guys in that Chamber match and all need to be pushed correctly so each person has some crediblity to win or possibly keep the title.

CM Punk; either will be the #1 or #2 babyface in the match, should he be pushed as someone who could win the title just off crowd response alone, hell yes. Could the elimation chamber be his first lost? Hell yes.

Bobby Lashley; The Smackdown guy is going to go after the ECW title, the title that has a lineage of tough hardcore wrestlers holding the title. To push Bobby Lashley llike he could be a top contender for the title in such a short time, is the correct thing to do. To not push him like a hoss and let him get beat up by the Big Show or Holly wouldn't work out. He'd look like a joke and people would wonder why he's even in the match in the first place.

Sabu;....Well its Sabu, you don't need a reason.

and Test; The other white meat...I mean heel. The other guy whose been pushed as the 2nd top Heel ECW has. Should Test be booked as a guy who can't pin Sabu, RVD, Punk, or Lashely going into the main event? No, that would be completely stupid, and yes the WWE does book some stupid shit, but they're not that dumb.

All 6 men going into the chamber should be booked like they could pin and beat someone in that match and thats excatly what has been done. I think your just complaining because you used to be a die-hard ECW mark and since its now a WWE product, you just competely hate it and are just looking at all the negitives.