TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Video Games...

-WWF Royal Rumble-Great Game..Had all of the characters you could ever want...Can't remember much about it..

-WWF Raw Is War-Awesome Game...The commericals they showed on Raw were awesome..Came complete with the Raw open and all of the favorites on it

-WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game-Just Awful....The Undertaker Shooting Demon Projectiles...Doink using a Hammer...Just an awful horrible game..

-WWF WarZone-Now Things start getting better...Actual Voice overs and Commentary from the actual characters..Entrances and Pyro..The only problem I had with this game were that that controls were a bit difficult and you had to use Mortal Kombat like button combinations to do Finishing Moves..

-WCW Nitro-Im not even gonna waste my time...The worst Wrestling game ever made...

-WCW/nWo World Tour-I absolutely loved this game!!!! The controls..The characters..The finishing moves...Awesome game

-WCW/nWo Revenge-A great sequel...An awesome open...Everyone is separated by stable and Just a great game...I love how Goldberg could beat anyone is less than a minute if you picked him...

-WWF No Mercy-The Greatest Wrestling game ever....The story mode in this game is unparalled....Whether you win or lose your story goes on..You didnt have to create a wrestler to have a season mode...And Triple H is the hardest mother fucker to beat in that game...He blocks everything you throw at him but when you finally beat him...you felt like you accomplished something...

-Someone else can put the PlayStation 2 and XBox games up cause I never played them...Discuss folks...

I still have Tecmo World Wrestling for the NES. I also remember Pro Wrestling with Starman and Kin Korn Karn and the nameless tag-team wrestling game with the Ricky Fighters vs the Strong Bads.

I spent tons of time playing Royal Rumble and Raw for the Genesis, making my own stupid storylines. Raw actually gave me a blister from so much button-mashing. WCW/nWo World Tour was awesome, so was Revenge. IMO, No Mercy still is the last great wrestling game. The Smackdowns are too arcadey and delivers the same stuff year after year, with little-to-no improvement.

WCW vs The World: This was the first game I bought with my new Playstation in '97 or so. I really liked it, though it's one of those games that probably hasn't aged well. I liked how Hogan had his nWo outfit, but also the classic red and yellow tights. Also one of the first video games to have a lot of cool dives to the outside and stuff like that. Shame it didn't have any tag team matches, though.

I've actually never played a platform wrestling game. The only ones I've ever played were all in arcades:

- Mat Mania/Exciting Hour, which I could play for hours on end. I actually did play for a solid hour once. I think I had nearly 20 title defenses.

- The Main Event, which was a fun precursor to WWF Superstars using generic characters.

- WWF Superstars.

- WWF Wrestlefest, which was awesome, especially in Royal Rumble mode. The steel cage match in tag team mode was cool, too.

- WWF WrestleMania, which wasn't really a wrestling game at all, but an attempt to cash in on the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat craze. It was OK as video games went.

Tag Team Wrestling: The original and still one of the best. its still fun to this day, though I doubt I could match my high scores I used to rack up back then.

Mat Mania/Exciting Hour: Truly excellent wrestling games, and I had always thought that there should have been a third game with more characters and movesets. I always wanted to play Coco Savage and cheeseball my way to the top.

WWF Superstars: Highly underrated as the precursor to Wrestlefest. Dibiase was way cheap with a lot of his moves and counters, and when you were finally able to beat him down or weaken Andre to the point where you could toss him around like a rag doll, it was an accomplishment. I remember playing the Megapowers and winning the match with Savage in style with his top rope elbow drop.

Wrestlefest: Simply awesome. Beating the Road Warriors was always a major accomplishment, especially if you could do it twice and beat the game.

After those I shied away from games like Slam Masters and the like, because that was more like Street Fighter with wrestling moves than a true wrestling game. I have heard all the good reviews of the WCW/nWo games for the PS1, I just might go out and buy a used copy.

I loved Super Fire Pro X simply because the sheer number of kinds of wrestlers, matches and movesets you could make were just mind-boggling, not to mention some of the moves simply defied the laws of physics, which in itself was awesome.

As far as the "arcadey" games of today, I still stick with HCTP. Everything that has come out since has sadly paled in comparison.

I started watching wrestling because of WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game.

So anyway....

WWF Raw (SNES) - Good game. I love the Royal Rumble and Survivor Series Match. You would think with all these new fangled systems, they would be able to do a good SS. I just remembered Legends of Wrestling has it.

WM: The Arcade Game - I like the arcade version the best because the UT can do a fatality. Not a good wrestling game in any sense but kind of fun,

WCW/nWo World Tour- I love the player selection music. Horrible game compared to...

WCW/nWo Revenge- Lots of characters, instant replay, and a scoring system. I like this game more than No Mercy.

WCW Nitro- I bought a PS for this game. No joking and no flames please. I really liked the realistic graphics, videos of the wrestlers, and run in button. Same as Wrestlemania but marginally fun.

WWF War Zone- I am playing it again. Ok game. Has good graphics and the biographies section is neat.

WWF Attitude- War Zone with more characters and gimmick matches. I made about 60-70 CAW in the game. I still play it time to time because of the Stable matches. Cage matches were great too.

WCW/nWo Thunder- Hated it. Lock up system was dumb and they didn't fix Nash's Powerbomb.

WWF WM 2000- Dark graphics and entrances music and videos were bad. The gameplay and season mode are excellent. I liked playing this game's season mode that any other game after it. No lame cut scenes except for a few that had some actual character progression. Royal Rumble was hard to win. I used Create a Belt to make storylines. Needed more CAW slots. Really liked this game

WWF No Mercy- Better graphics and entrances. No Create a Belt...boo. I had one of the defective cartridges and it wiped off my characters..boo. Story mode was ok. Still haven't got 100% on any of them. At least in this game you can put people through the announce table easily.

WWF SD 2 -Know Your Role- Arcadey. Has lots of characters. Going through Season Mode is like going through Chinese Water Torture.

WCW Mayhem - Hard mode is difficult and nearly impossible to beat the CPU. It's hard to pull your finisher when you aren't in a one on one match because of the stupid momentum meter.

WWF SD3 : Good graphics but season mode lasts five matches. Also game takes about 4 MB on a memory card without CAWs.

WWF SD: Here Comes the Pain- I think I had trouble getting booked on some shows in season mode. Losing over ness because I talked to certain wrestlers sucked.

WWF Raw - Great game if you like wrestlers no selling Stone Cold Stunners and Pedigrees.

Legends of Wrestling 1 and 2- Season mode is long and the wrestling becomes repetitive with just using one character. Gambling for coins in LOW 2 really kills the game.

Showdown: LOW -Too bad a game featuring Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Sting, and DDP is so horrible. Had the control system worked like the last game, all would have been right in the world.

Smackdown vs RAW '06- Why Hassan a face in Story mode yet wrestles like a heel? I don't know. Body parts indicator shouldn't be there. In the N64 games, the wrestlers would grab their injured parts. They should do the same here. Challenge mode somewhat difficult. Jake "The Snake" a PSP unlockable is awful.

WWE Wrestlemania 19- I like the table matches in this game. Revenge mode can get frustrating. If I had a Wiimote, I would have broke a few TV sets with it.

WWF Wrestlefest- A simple game. No CAW, no ladder matches. It's one of the most fun and addicting wrestling/arcade games in the world. I have never been able to throw every out of the Rumble. I love the finishing moves except for Slaughter's. He looks like he is trying rip his opponent's ear off.

Fire Pro Wrestling (GBA); I like making CAWS and having them wrestle in exploding cage matches.

Bonus: WWF Wrestlemania and WCW Nitro stuff... I had no life back then

http://home.att.net/~thexbox/origins1.htm

http://home.att.net/~thexbox/origins2.htm

-WCW Nitro-Im not even gonna waste my time...The worst Wrestling game ever made...

Yet you fail to mention WCW Thunder...the TRUE worst wrestling game ever made.

No... the true worst wrestling game ever made is....... WCW Backstage Assault

I LOVED Giant Gram for the Dremcast. I wasn't very good at it, but the wrestling was great.

The ECW games sucked, but i loved them cause they were ECW games

I actually get a kick out of playing Anarchy Rulz from time to time. It has parking lot brawls, inferno matches, and it's always fun to whip your opponent into barbed wire. Plus, it's kinda surreal hearing Joey Styles doing commentary for a video game. Too bad it was Gertner w/ him and not Cyrus.

Does anyone else remember Steel Cage Challenge on the NES? I think it was the follow up to Superstars. At the time it was really fun and I alway marked out that could have matches in the steal cage for the first time.

Does anyone else remember Steel Cage Challenge on the NES? I think it was the follow up to Superstars. At the time it was really fun and I alway marked out that could have matches in the steal cage for the first time.

I remember that game...it was OK for its time, but the lame thing was that all the wrestlers were the same. Same moves, speed, power, etc. Didn't matter who you picked. No special moves or finishers.

I hated the original WrestleMania game for NES. What a pile of crap with its bouncy power ups across the top of the screen and no wrestling moves whatsoever.

Tecmo World Wrestling and Pro Wrestling were always my faves.

In the SNES days it was the WWE titles until I found out about Natsume Championship Wrestling - which was an American port of All Japan Pro Wrestling. Amazing game, really. That and SFPW Premium X of course. ;)

In Steel Cage Challenge, they had everyone's entrance music playing during the wrestler select screen... I always liked how they gave the music-less IRS the sound of a typewriter in place of a theme. But yeah, a really bad game.

I used to love Super Wrestlemania for SNES back in the day. I used to rent it at least once a month. A couple years ago, I found it at a Gamestop for $3 or something... the years haven't been good to it. I may be wrong, but I think it's the same case as in Steel Cage Challenge where everyone has the same moveset.

In Steel Cage Challenge, they had everyone's entrance music playing during the wrestler select screen... I always liked how they gave the music-less IRS the sound of a typewriter in place of a theme. But yeah, a really bad game.

I used to love Super Wrestlemania for SNES back in the day. I used to rent it at least once a month. A couple years ago, I found it at a Gamestop for $3 or something... the years haven't been good to it. I may be wrong, but I think it's the same case as in Steel Cage Challenge where everyone has the same moveset.

Wasn't the Sega Genesis version of Super Wrestlemania the only one where the characters actually had finishers (not to mention a different roster - IRS! PAPA SHANGO!)? The SNES one for some stupid reason only had like three or four moves.

I forgot about how much I loved playing Survivor Series matches on WrestleMania Challenge. Only 3-on-3 but still great!

Wrestlemania Challenge was one of my most played NES games, and the only WWF console game that was any good until Royal Rumble on the SNES. I loved how each wrestler had their own signature moveset, which was a big deal after the horrible first NES game. Andre not being able to climb the turnbuckle was a nice touch too.

Nothing beats Royal Rumble for the SNES, though... just the fact that you could do Shawn Michael's swank back suplex out of an atomic drop was cool as hell.... Not to mention I used mark out huge for the Undertaker's tombstone.

For those few who remember, Bop 'N' Wrestle for the C64 was awesome, even if it was a joystick killer. Epyx Wrestling was fun too for the simple fact that everyone had a unique finisher. That was what, 1987?

Speaking of SNES games, anyone else ever play Natsume Championship Wrestling for SNES? I was probably the one person to own a copy that I knew. I believe this was a domestic version of All Japan Pro Wrestling. All the guys are generic in Natsume, but the movesets pretty much match the AJPW guys, IIRC. Actually had a good grapple system (kind of like Fire Pro's) and each guy had a pretty good moveset (including powerbombs and moonsaults, which hadn't been seen in too many games at that point).

(Edit: Just noticed DubQ mentioned this game on the first page of the thread.)

I just got the new Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 for the 360. Gameplay ain't too bad, the graphics are pretty sweet, and of course, loads of match types. I haven't dived into the CAW or season mode yet. Definitely a lot better than any of the games i had on the original Xbox(one note-I did love the gameplay on the Legends of Wrestling series).