TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/30 - 12/2

I'm obviously disappointed that Michigan is not in the title game, especially the way it went down. If the pollsters had dropped Michigan below Florida after the loss to OSU then I wouldn't have a problem with it even though I would disagree, but this just seems like blatant poll manipulation. It will be interesting to see the way the ballots went and if there are any ridiculous votes. I've already heard that one voter put Florida at #1 which is just ridiculous.

The consolation is that Michigan gets to kick USC's overrated ass in the Rose Bowl, while OSU destroys Florida in the title game, and the final polls will reflect what everyone knew a month ago: Ohio State and Michigan are the top 2 teams in the country.

Guest Princess Leena

By Auburn's popcorn offense? Not likely.

did you watch the Big 12 title game at all? BLECH!

I think Auburn will win, but they're incapable of crushing anyone.

The consolation is that Michigan gets to kick USC's overrated ass in the Rose Bowl

Aww, is someone upset?

Not as much as you were yesterday. But I can understand that, when your overhyped team loses to yet another unranked squad after you had pimped them to the point of being OSU's equal or something.

At least USC will come closer to beating Michigan (7-10 points) than Florida will against OSU. Neither game will be worth watching though.

Early BCS predictions:

BCS Championship

Ohio State 31

Florida 17

The Gators defense will keep them in the game and maybe even get them a cheap score, but I can't see them competing with the Buckeyes for 60 minutes.

Sugar Bowl

LSU 41

Notre Dame 16

The 2nd most talented team in the country will rape the Irish in front of a partisan crowd. Honestly, I think 25 points might be conservative.

Rose Bowl

Michigan 17

USC 13

Both teams are going to come out flat, pissed off about how they either deserved or blew a title shot. Michigan wins an ugly defensive battle.

Fiesta Bowl

Boise State 37

Oklahoma 34 2OT

This should be one of the best games of the bowl season, as Boise State's explosive rushing attack meets up with the Sooners. Motivational edge, if not overall talent should be enough to carry the Broncos to victory here.

Orange Bowl

Louisville 28

Wake Forest 24

The Cardinals don't play real well anywhere but Papa John's. They should turn the ball over a few times to keep the Demon Deacons in the game, but in the end, their talent on the offensive side of the ball will be too much.

I'd say that Michigan over USC and LSU over Notre Dame are mortal locks, given the way all four of these teams played their last games.

I say that Florida is being underrated by most people against Ohio State, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Boise is good but I see Oklahoma pulling it off in a close one.

Wake has little offense, but the Rutgers game proved that Louisville is susceptible to a good defense. This will be a close one but Louisville will win.

With college football being as crazy as it is I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida win. They're still a pretty damn good team who lost only 1 game with a treacherous schedule. As far as a rematch goes, that wouldn't be fair to Ohio State. Why should they have to play a team that they beat already? I'm happy with the way things worked out.

The consolation is that Michigan gets to kick USC's overrated ass in the Rose Bowl

Aww, is someone upset?

Not as much as you were yesterday. But I can understand that, when your overhyped team loses to yet another unranked squad after you had pimped them to the point of being OSU's equal or something.

Where did I say I was upset? I said the Bruins did a good job and moved on. I was hoping for USC/Michigan to begin with anyways. Now that I have got it, I'm actually happy. Nice try though.

Notre Dame and Louisville should switch bowls. Better matchups. Might also help attendance for the Orange Bowl.

I agree whole-heartedly as an LSU fan.

We wanted Michigan or USC so we could have a Top 5 matchup.

Instead, we get a Notre Dame team that got their asses whipped by Michigan AND USC.

Not that I am all that shocked, but how the hell is USC STILL ahead of U of L in the BCS standings? What an insult.

Anyway, I am gonna take Ohio St. is a fairly boring game over Florida (10-14 points).

Fiesta: I'll go with Boise pulling a mild upset over OU (upset?). 38-34.

Sugar: As most have said, this is a beating. LSU 42-20.

Rose: I think Michigan won't give a shit quite honestly, feeling screwed by the BCS. And you know how teams do when they feel screwed by the BCS. USC 24-17.

Orange: I'm obviously biased here, but I think U of L will beat Wake's ass badly. It might as well be at Papa John's since U of L will have most of the crowd (Wake has no fanbase). In honor of the 1991 Fiesta Bowl team's win over Bama, I'll say U of L 34-7.

Somehow Wake, Boise, and Florida win, and we all scratch our heads a bit. Notre Dame still gets wasted, though.

Though really, Boise would probably be a mild upset at best. They're way good. That's going to be a really good game.

There is a big reason why Florida did not move past Michigan the week of the OSU loss. Florida was playing Western Carolina, there is no way you can move up playing at DIAA school. You just cannot do it. The Gators were lucky enough to have two additional games set to move into the title game. Florida State and Arkansas.

As for the "big game"

Florida is athletic enough to beat Ohio State. But I have two reasons for not picking them to win, only one of which is an actual reason based on logic.

1) Their third quarter playcalling is horrible. Just horrible. It has nearly killed them in every game they have played. Some things you can overcome but not playing four quarters in the National Title game is just not one of those things. If Florida wants to win, they have to do something they haven't done this year. Play the entire game.

And my second reason is I'm a Noles fan and I want to see Florida get blown apart. Bad enough FreeShoesU looked like crap this year, don't need a Florida national championship piled onto it. Also does anyone else think Urban Meyer was actually hoping the Gators would get left out of the title game? When they said Florida, the guy didn't even smile. It was like his grand scheme had been foiled. He wanted to be left out of that game so he could go on his "need a playoff" campaign and possibly get the entire SEC to follow him.

Though really, Boise would probably be a mild upset at best. They're way good. That's going to be a really good game.

I agree that Boise's got a great shot to win, but as far as the line goes, they're an 8-point underdog, the same as Florida and only one point better than Notre Dame. So I guess the betting public doesn't think too much of the Broncos.

Guest Princess Leena

If Peterson returns for the Fiesta, I'm inclined to take OU -8. Talent differential might be too much on that side.

I've seen Ohio State play three entire games and Florida four, that I can remember, and I see absolutely nothing that tells me Ohio State is even close to being two touchdowns or more better than Florida.

In fact, I say with quite a bit of confidence that Florida, athletically, is the more talented team of the two.

And Michigan is no where near being better than Florida. You wanna take style points into consideration, which is what all the Michigan apologists are doing, and you have to account for the fact that Michigan was one well-timed goal line stand away from losing to fucking BALL fucking STATE. And they barely beat Northwestern and Vanderbilt when Vandy was playing their first game with almost a completely new team with a new starting QB to replace Cutler. At least Florida manhandled thier(few and far between) easy opponents.

Florida is definitely more deserving.

Oh, and LSU will annihilate the most overrated team in maybe college football history, Notre Dame. Anytime the Irish play a team with the most remote amount of talent on their cupcake-filled schedule they get dumptrucked, and I don't expect anything less when they play the most talented team in the country.

LSU by five TDs.

At least Florida manhandled thier(few and far between) easy opponents.

Nov 4 @ Vanderbilt Won 25-19

Nov 11 South Carolina Won 17-16

Nov 25 @Florida St. Won 21-14

Those are some of the biggest beatdowns I've EVER seen.

If you take out the I-AA game they were + 138 all season. Michigan was + 187 in the same number of games.

Florida beat Vandy by 6. Michigan beat them by 20.

And what's this nonsense that Michigan "barely" beat NW by 14 points. I wasn't aware 2 TDs was a near loss. If that's the case then Florida "barely" won 7 of their games this year.

In other words, your analysis is quite flawed.

But fear not, OSU will trounce Florida and prove that they weren't deserving in due time.

I swear if one person brings up the Ball State game, I will lose it. I was at the game, Michigan was playing 3rd and 4th string players and even walkons on defense in that game. The game was only close because well, 3rd and 4th string players at any school are probably not good enough to even start at a MAC school. Therefore Ball State was able to pass the ball all over the place. Also, BSU's coach is a former Michigan assistant and is very close with coach Carr. Lloyd won't run up the score on an overmatched team, especially when its someone he respects to that degree. Michigan actually has a coach who chooses not to go on national TV and campaign like he's fucking Hillary Clinton in 2008, and one who won't run up the score on people to gain style points. Florida is a fine team , but the whole way this thing has been handled is embarassing to college athletics

At least Florida manhandled thier(few and far between) easy opponents.

Nov 4 @ Vanderbilt Won 25-19

Nov 11 South Carolina Won 17-16

Nov 25 @Florida St. Won 21-14

Those are some of the biggest beatdowns I've EVER seen.

If you take out the I-AA game they were + 138 all season. Michigan was + 187 in the same number of games.

Florida beat Vandy by 6. Michigan beat them by 20.

And what's this nonsense that Michigan "barely" beat NW by 14 points. I wasn't aware 2 TDs was a near loss. If that's the case then Florida "barely" won 7 of their games this year.

In other words, your analysis is quite flawed.

But fear not, OSU will trounce Florida and prove that they weren't deserving in due time.

I sure hope you aren't using those as Florida's "easy" opponents, because two of them are bowl eligible.

I hope to god I can get tickets to the Capital One Bowl. If not, I'll try to get to some other bowl game or something. Need to continue tradition, even if it's going to Boise to see Miami/Nevada or some other non-big bowl game.