TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Paul Heyman sent home

They won't pretend it never happened, they'll just pretend that they weren't the ones behind the comeback and that ECW's popularity was overrated.
Wouldn't one think that the DVD sales of The Rise and Fall of ECW say otherwise? I just don't get McMahon. The whole purpose of ECW was to be out of the norm. Something different. Something alternative. Why turn it into the shit show that it was last night? I didn't even pay for the event and I felt robbed.

Heyman had a meeting today that included Vince McMahon in which he apparently expressed disappointment with the product. The product that aired on PPV was different than that which was originally booked by Heyman and submitted to McMahon. There were last second changes in the show that frustrated Heyman.

Wonder if that has anything to do with who got the title, all the early reports I read suggested Test was going to pick it up. Of course they were just internet reports. Might have been what they did to Sabu before the match too, who knows.

Honestly the Bischoff idea might not be that bad at this point. He can come in and say Vince gave him the right to make whatever changes he feels fit, and he'll scrap the ECW concept entirely. Are you ready for Tuesday Nitro?

In regards to TNA, why is everyone so worried about what Cornette thinks of so and so? Honestly, who gives a fuck what Jim Cornette thinks at this point?

If ECW 2.0 does run its course soon, I'll look forward to a flow of talent back onto Smackdown, CM Punk hopefully.
I just hope that McMahon doesn't ignore how over CM Punk really is. He could be amazing on either RAW or Smackdown if booked right. However, with the way the WWE is right now, I wouldn't even put it past them to fuck that up.

Assuming Heyman was outright fired, I still think it would be in his best interest to take time off and stay away from TNA for the time being. Wait until Russo burns himself out or flames out and line yourself up for the head booker spot.

Honestly the Bischoff idea might not be that bad at this point. He can come in and say Vince gave him the right to make whatever changes he feels fit, and he'll scrap the ECW concept entirely. Are you ready for Tuesday Nitro?

In regards to TNA, why is everyone so worried about what Cornette thinks of so and so? Honestly, who gives a fuck what Jim Cornette thinks at this point?

Yeah, that's an even better idea. Bring back WCW and ruin it's name AGAIN.

Assuming Heyman was outright fired, I still think it would be in his best interest to take time off and stay away from TNA for the time being. Wait until Russo burns himself out or flames out and line yourself up for the head booker spot.
I just can't wait for a shoot interview. You know it's going to happen, it's Paul fucking Heyman we're talking about here.

Knowing Heyman, he'll wait for the big shoot promo for WM weekend with ROH. Big crowd of 2,000+ for the big weekend, like he wouldn't love being the "buzz".

Meanwhile, Heyman needs to quit the business. He shouldn't be the pathetic old man that Cornette is. Shoot the big promo, pop a live crowd at TNA/ROH to bury WWE far greater then Cornette ever could (at least Heyman would be modern and not patching cliche promos and homophobic cracks from 1987) and start up the MMA promotion he wanted to but with actual backing.

If they have a crappy WCW themed show, does it really matter? Fact if, the show can't be ECW at this point without Heyman. I just said put Bischoff in charge and make it Tuesday Nitro, they don't even have to call it WCW if they don't want.

We all know Smackdown is WCW anyway.

I don't care how long the wait will be, I just know that it will be a fantastic interview. I just don't understand why McMahon would go and do something like this to Paul. I mean, didn't they get along great when ECW 1.0 was around?

Maybe we're casting the blame on the wrong guy. Maybe Vince wasn't behind this, and that he was getting fed all this bullshit from Steph and all the other ass kissers.

Then again... maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

If they have a crappy WCW themed show, does it really matter? Fact if, the show can't be ECW at this point without Heyman. I just said put Bischoff in charge and make it Tuesday Nitro, they don't even have to call it WCW if they don't want.

We all know Smackdown is WCW anyway.

I think it's a bad idea to keep the 3rd show anyway. The WWE brand is overkill. I'm sick of seeing it. I wouldn't be so sick of seeing it if most of it was actually worth watching.

The funniest part about this is Paul Heyman is basically being blamed for not being able to see Vince and Stephanies vision of the "future ECW" when he barely has any creative writing power to begin with.

Sounds to me as if Vince thought the PPV would be a success because of all his own "fantastic" ideas, and when it flopped like everything else he touches with his brain, he found the most convenient person to blame.

The biggest winner in this though is going to be the fans of wrestling. With Heyman not locked down by the constraints of McMahon-isms anymore, wherever he goes, he will definately make a positive difference. Imagine Heyman writing and booking for TNA. He is the perfect person to make sense of that Clusterfuck of a roster. I know Cornette has barely had a chance, but with the style of workers that TNA has chosen to go with, I would boot Cornette's ass out the door the second Heyman made himself available.

The funniest part about this is Paul Heyman is basically being blamed for not being able to see Vince and Stephanies vision of the "future ECW" when he barely has any creative writing power to begin with.

Sounds to me as if Vince thought the PPV would be a success because of all his own "fantastic" ideas, and when it flopped like everything else he touches with his brain, he found the most convenient person to blame.

The biggest winner in this though is going to be the fans of wrestling. With Heyman not locked down by the constraints of McMahon-isms anymore, wherever he goes, he will definately make a positive difference. Imagine Heyman writing and booking for TNA. He is the perfect person to make sense of that Clusterfuck of a roster. I know Cornette has barely had a chance, but with the style of workers that TNA has chosen to go with, I would boot Cornette's ass out the door the second Heyman made himself available.

Is it just me, or did I miss the part where Cornette was given booking power? I thought he was just on-air talent?

Is it just me, or did I miss the part where Cornette was given booking power? I thought he was just on-air talent?

I am mostly talking about if any conflict arises because Cornette hates Heyman. If Cornette should happen to protest his hiring or something. I'd show Cornette the door. They have a history, and something tells me Cornette would none be too happy if he is being booked by Heyman. He might be able to stay profressional for awhile, but it would only be a matter of time before Cornette would blow a fuse.

Yeah, Cornette isn't booking anything for TNA. That job belongs to Mr. Vince Russo.

Having said that, TNA should boot out Russo and beg Heyman to come save them.

clearly the resurrection of ecw with heyman was another one of mcmahon's personal vendetta burials. he didn't have any intentions of sticking with what made ecw. he made ecw a wwe show. he didn't kill what ecw was, he simply extended his legacy as a largely unsuccessful business man. of course one could shoot my face off for such an idiotic statement, but honestly, vince has had wrestlings two boom periods handed to him on a silver platter. it was what hulk hogan & steve austin brought to the table that made vince his millions. had austin not come around, vince mcmahon would not have the revisionist genius nametag bestowed upon him. that company was awful for nearly 4 years after hogan's flame burned out. now that austin's flame burned out, vince is again mired in a horrible slump. the man needs to realise that he has to allow the talent to flourish without his cancerous fingerprints fucking it all up. the man isn't a genius. anyone who says otherwise has been brain washed. i, for one, want the man to bottom out as a wrestling company before he dies. preferebly homeless & destitute asking barry windham for spare change.

ps vince; release a macho man dvd already,. god.

What they should have done was just pulled the plug on ECW and filled the rest of the Sci Fi time slot with..uh..

TUESDAY NIGHT TITANS!

or not..

I dont know how the hell they can do a PPV with like..4 months of buildup and only end up with 3 announced matches on TV and then be surprised when it ends up (im glad I didnt rent it) a terrible PPV. Theres nothing "ECW" about ECW right now aside from the fact that they have a couple guys from the old ECW who get jobbed around left and right and dont wanna be there anymore.

Everyone uses the argument that if Vince is such an idiot, how come he's a billionare?

Well, for starters, I'm pretty sure that he WAS a billionaire, but is now just a millionaire again, due to that brilliant venture known as the XFL.

Secondly, like mentioned before, Hogan and Austin made him those millions, with help along the way from The Rock, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Randy Savage, etc. Thirdly, it's not like his competition in the wrestling business were real genuises either.

Everyone uses the argument that if Vince is such an idiot, how come he's a billionare?

Well, for starters, I'm pretty sure that he WAS a billionaire, but is now just a millionaire again, due to that brilliant venture known as the XFL.

Secondly, like mentioned before, Hogan and Austin made him those millions, with help along the way from The Rock, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Randy Savage, etc. Thirdly, it's not like his competition in the wrestling business were real genuises either.

Right, and when WCW started winning the ratings war, Vince's answer was to start being more like ECW & WCW. It wasn't like he came up with something hot and new.

It is pretty surprising he's been there for over 5 years and has always been treated crappy. I'm very thankful for letting him run Smackdown for 9 great months producing the best wrestling tv show that year.

Anyone know how much longer the ECW on Sci-Fi contract is for?

Hopefully not for long, but the problem is even the abysmal show that gets put out each tuesday gets them better ratings than 99% of the crap they have on there anyway, so it'll be up to Vince or whoever to end it and not Sci Fi.

Heyman said at the start of ECW on SciFi that they were going to relaunch ECW with or without him. So it'll probably stay on.

The SciFi deal is a 1-year agreement that goes to August 2007.

Yeah, since it's Heyman's fault the PPV blew. I am pretty sure Heyman doesn't want the belt on Lashley and he wouldn't have had Punk and RVD the first two guys to go.

Whatever, let him go. I don't watch ECW anymore anyway.

Vince didn't create Hogan. Hogan was popular in the AWA and Verne screwed him over.

Stone Cold began his roots in ECW.

What the company needs is a total reboot and to clean out most of the rosters. The brand splits ain't working if Cena is ME Armeggedeon.

The company needs to be less bureaucratic and open to new ideas from the workers not named Undertaker, HHH, and HBK. I wish Vince was sane or watched wrestling..

It will never happen.