TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Who is the biggest homer on the sports forum?

I shall note that the Ravens held the Saints offense to 22 points when they played them in New Orleans.

Brees did have 383 yards passing and 3 TDs but also had 3 ints and most of the yardage given up was after the Ravens got a 35-7 lead, and they do have a terrible habit of giving up gobs of passing yards when they get up by a couple TDs..

I am quite surprised about this game so far though..I did figure on NO winning but I thought it'd be closer than this.

Exhibit A.

The Saints are delivering a 42-17 mammoth ass whipping to Dallas in "Big D", and Marvin has to spew some pointless shit about what the Ravens did to them.

Exhibit B.

LOL at the sign LT Can't be stopped..

Week 4 - 0 TDs 98 yards rushing..

I think he can be..

LT sets the single season TD record but who cares it's all about the Ravens.

The Ravens are one of 2 teams to keep the Almighty LT out of the end zone this year and held him to 98 yards rushing. Ravens rush defense, while giving up 120 to Larry Johnson yesterday (only would have had 70 something if for not that one long run that resulted in Trent Green throwing to Ed Reed again) is still averaging only 75 yards a game, which is now #2 in the league behind Minnesota.

You cant argue with the stats.

So what, 98 yards is still a good day on the field. Teams are allowed to give up yards on the run once in a while. So LT didn't get into the endzone. You aren't going to get a TD every week.

I shall note that the Ravens held the Saints offense to 22 points when they played them in New Orleans.

Brees did have 383 yards passing and 3 TDs but also had 3 ints and most of the yardage given up was after the Ravens got a 35-7 lead, and they do have a terrible habit of giving up gobs of passing yards when they get up by a couple TDs..

I am quite surprised about this game so far though..I did figure on NO winning but I thought it'd be closer than this.

Exhibit A.

The Saints are delivering a 42-17 mammoth ass whipping to Dallas in "Big D", and Marvin has to spew some pointless shit about what the Ravens did to them.

Exhibit B.

LOL at the sign LT Can't be stopped..

Week 4 - 0 TDs 98 yards rushing..

I think he can be..

LT sets the single season TD record but who cares it's all about the Ravens.

The Ravens are one of 2 teams to keep the Almighty LT out of the end zone this year and held him to 98 yards rushing. Ravens rush defense, while giving up 120 to Larry Johnson yesterday (only would have had 70 something if for not that one long run that resulted in Trent Green throwing to Ed Reed again) is still averaging only 75 yards a game, which is now #2 in the league behind Minnesota.

You cant argue with the stats.

Yeah, but you don't have to bring this up whenever some other team, or player does something impressive.

So what, 98 yards is still a good day on the field. Teams are allowed to give up yards on the run once in a while. So LT didn't get into the endzone. You aren't going to get a TD every week.

LT has made it in 11/13 games which makes the fact he has 29 TDs in 11 games pretty crazy. The Ravens, even when they went 6-10 the last two years have had great rush defenses, at one point going over a full season without giving up 100 yards to a single rb.

I got a question for you Marvin. If you ran into Ed Reed and Ray Lewis would you ask them to father your future children? You seem to have quite the hard on for them.

I got a question for you Marvin. If you ran into Ed Reed and Ray Lewis would you ask them to father your future children? You seem to have quite the hard on for them.

My favorite defensive player is Terrell Suggs, but Ed Reed is right up there. They got him with their first pick in 2003 though, when they could have gotten Leftwich with that pick..and then when Leftwich went they got stuck with making the retarded trade to get Boller. But I digress.. Like they said yesterday, the entire Ravens defense is full of Pro Bowl callibre players and Im betting that Lewis, Reed, Suggs, McCallister, Pryce, Scott and Thomas all go, so its a hard choice to make. Dawan Landry is a defensive ROY candidate although I doubt he'll win it. Im not the biggest Samari Rolle fan though..hes the one that always seems to be getting beat for long receptions. Im not looking forward to when some of the players are let go due to the salary cap like they had to do with Ed Hartwell but Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GMs in terms of getting the best out of their draft picks which has allowed them to keep their great defense going despite losing guys like Hartwell. And I think Rex Ryan might end up as a candidate for a head coaching job too, but not as fast as Marvin Lewis was.

My favorite defensive player is Terrell Suggs, but Ed Reed is right up there. They got him with their first pick in 2003 though, when they could have gotten Leftwich with that pick..and then when Leftwich went they got stuck with making the retarded trade to get Boller. But I digress.. Like they said yesterday, the entire Ravens defense is full of Pro Bowl callibre players and Im betting that Lewis, Reed, Suggs, McCallister, Pryce, Scott and Thomas all go, so its a hard choice to make. Dawan Landry is a defensive ROY candidate although I doubt he'll win it. Im not the biggest Samari Rolle fan though..hes the one that always seems to be getting beat for long receptions. Im not looking forward to when some of the players are let go due to the salary cap like they had to do with Ed Hartwell but Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GMs in terms of getting the best out of their draft picks which has allowed them to keep their great defense going despite losing guys like Hartwell. And I think Rex Ryan might end up as a candidate for a head coaching job too, but not as fast as Marvin Lewis was.

Make it Marvin by more than a smidgen now.

Star Ocean

I was just thinking that...is anyone really a homer on the Hockey threads?

CanadianChris

...I don't know if that's true, I just went with the most obvious name I could think of

Star Ocean

CanadianChris

...I don't know if that's true, I just went with the most obvious name I could think of

It'd probably be me, actually as I have very little interest in hockey outside of the Northeast and Atlantic Divisions, specifically Boston. I watch Canucks games with the gal, but for the most part, I'm watching the Bruins or someone else in the East.

I'm glad I made it through three pages of this thread unscathed. Hiding behind stats is a good way to cover up your homerism (right, Al?).

You and al are two of the biggest b.s. stat-homers.

Prove it. Without using statistics.

I can't put my finger on why, but I'm really sick of hearing about the Ravens. It's like Brian Billick joined TSM.

If it was the real Billick he'd be giving himself most of the credit.

Star Ocean

CanadianChris

It'd probably be me, actually as I have very little interest in hockey outside of the Northeast and Atlantic Divisions, specifically Boston. I watch Canucks games with the gal, but for the most part, I'm watching the Bruins or someone else in the East.

Max, I feel bad for you with having only Tampa and Florida to watch. You've gotten shafted living in FLA.

I hope Star Ocean can continue the trend that next year, Anaheim becomes a cellar team and he doesn't post in the hockey thread anymore.

Max, I feel bad for you with having only Tampa and Florida to watch. You've gotten shafted living in FLA.

The NHL got shafted when it had two straight SC champs in the heart of NASCAR country

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

the Carolina one is twice as painful because of their skulleted weasel of an owner.

Star Ocean

CanadianChris

I have the center ice thing on cable, so I can watch pretty much any game on any night. I do watch parts of some games, but if it's not the Bruins or the Canucks, I'm not watching it all the way through.

I'm glad I made it through three pages of this thread unscathed. Hiding behind stats is a good way to cover up your homerism (right, Al?).

You and al are two of the biggest b.s. stat-homers.

There's only a 72% chance that's true.

NYankees is TheDon. I don't know who that was either.

Biggest homer currently: Spicy McHaggis.

I love you too, Leena. In fact, I nominate you as the "mid majors are just as good as everyone else" homer.