TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Super Hero Football Team

Earlier today on the Max Kellerman Show, they were talking about which super hero you'd pick for each position..which way would you go?

If I were starting a defensive line, i'd go with:

DEs: hulkhc9.jpg sabretoothkq2.jpg

DTs: blobyg4.png gladiatorlt2.jpg

Dude, Blob should be either an OT or the center.

He may be a good run-stuffer at DT, but I don't see him giving up any sacks as an OT.

Tackles: Blob, Colossus

Guards: Wolverine

QB: Bullseye or Taskmaster

(In Taskmaster's bio, he became an all-star QB via his photograpic reflexes after watching one pro game. His problem is that he's dependant on seeing something done before he can replicate it and, even then, has comprehension problems of some things associated with it. As a result, he usually can't improvise for shit but doesn't get caught by the same trick twice.)

RB: Juggernaut

FB: Puck of Alpha Flight (Fast, squat powerhouse. Also a potential noseguard in a "50" defense)

WR: Quicksilver, Cannonball, Nightcrawler

TE: Hank Pym (Giant Man, Ant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, godknowswhatelse. Size-changing on the fly when he goes from blocker to receiver makes him a natural choice.)

LB: Sasquatch (He's an All-Pro LB according to his bio)

DB: Deadpool (Due to his healing factor), Gambit (fast and has sticky fingers), Spider-Man (see Gambit)

Anyone else?

Green Latern would be pretty good for 3rd down situations.

I think Wolverine and Beast would be pretty good linebackers. They are undersized, but that doesn't seem to be a problem nowadays.

The Thing would be a good tackle too.

Spidey would be a sick WR. Garaunteed to never drop a ball. Vick could use him greatly :)

I originally had him at WR, but he doesn't have the raw speed of Quicksilver, agility of Nightcrawler, or the ability to take a hit like Cannonball.

Unless the superhero team plays a spread offense, which is unlikely with Juggernaut at RB, there's little point in making him a #4 WR.

That's why I put him at DB, where he'll likely pick off a lot of passes.

Why isn't Batman QB? Seriously, he's just a normal human who out wits everyone, even his own teammates. I would think that would warrant him being the QB.

...or are we to assume Batman is the coach of this said football team? If so, I take it back.

Actually, Max said he'd be the offensive coordinator, since Professor X would be the coach. Good call.

For the safeties, how about Iron Man and Captain America?

Ghost Rider should be pretty good at special teams with his bike. I'd make him puruse the kick returner.

Well if speed is an issue Spidey would never be able to keep up with said WR's you mentioned...

I see him as a perfect possession/3rd down WR :)

Guest Smues

Max Kellerman is employeed? Sad.

Batman has to be a coach, he just wouldn't cut it on the field.

GM Professor X

Coaches Iron Man, Captian America, Dr. Doom

Special Teams: Flash, Bizarro Superman, Superboy, Steel, Teen Titans

Kicker: Booster Gold

Offense would be 4 WR (one hybrid WR/TE), and one tailback

QB---Superman

RB---Flash

WR---Spiderman

WR---Mr. Fantastic

WR---Green Lantern

WR/TE---Batman

LT---Blob

LG---Colossus

C---Bane

RG---Thing

RT---Hulk

Defense would be a 4-3, and several people would play both sides of the ball

DE---Superman

DT---Hulk

DT---Juggernaut

DE---Sabretooth

OLB---Lobo

MLB---Wolverine

OLB---Captain America

CB---Flash

CB---Quicksilver

FS---Nightcrawler

SS---Captain Marvel

Waterboy---Aquaman

I tried to be fair and not pick Galactus on defense.

I am prepared to give reasons for or defend my picks for each position. For example, Nightcrawler will be a wicked blitzer from the FS position. These were thoroughly thought out, and yes, I have too much time on my hands.

We should probably create a superhero team from DC vs. Marvel, and figure out who would play where, and how the game would actually go down. I think that would be more entertaining than just the ultimate superhero team.

And there's no way you put Superman on DE AND QB. 1 superhero per position please and thanks. Interesting idea of Batman at TE though and actually makes a lot of sense since he could figure out the coverage quickly and get wide open before anyone would realize it.

Except that a lot of guys have super-reflexes and move at super speed. Football is a physical game and Batman is physically ordinary.

Also, what prevents me from taking Kitty Pryde at QB and just running keepers the entire game?

Guest Vitamin X

Superman is an egomaniac and would probably be a Michael Vick-like QB and refuse to pass the ball. No way you can have him at QB.

Okay...

First off, Superman can play at two positions if he wants, he's fucking SUPERMAN. He won't be tired at all, and people in the NFL have played both sides of the ball before. It's the Ultimate Superhero Team, not the all century list. On my team, you can play both sides.

As for him being at Quarterback, I priginally had him at Center (super-strength and all). However, if you have Supes at QB, he can throw it the length of the field any time he needs to, throw it as fast as he needs to, would be a bitch to sack, and he could take off and run with it any time he needed and be one of the fastest on the field. It makes sense to have your overall best talent have the ball in his hands most often. And Superman would not be the egomaniac and keep it all day long, Vitamin, because if he doesn't throw Batman the ball every now and then, Bats is going to whip his ass again.

Speaking of Batman, his position on the team was the last one I did, and I wavered on putting him on the team. He is an amazing athlete, but he doesn't have superhuman strength or speed. I felt he had to be on the team, though, and if he can handle himself against superheroes like Superman, he can catch a fucking football or disrupt a blitz every now and then. If anything, I would have him take out the defense's star player and accept the ejection.

Superman is an egomaniac and would probably be a Michael Vick-like QB and refuse to pass the ball. No way you can have him at QB.

What the hell are you talking about? He was a QB if you take the Smallville thing as canon.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

Just hand the ball off to Nightcrawler and have him teleport into the endzone every play.

Just hand the ball off to Nightcrawler and have him teleport into the endzone every play.

I'd consider that a forward lateral...

He should be able to teleport backwards OR teleport in front of the ball on a pass, but not take the ball in the backfield and teleport into the end zone.

As far as Superman goes, it depends which thing you want to use as canon.

For instance, in the original Superman movie he was a punter and not a QB.

The two things I'd say to discourage using him as QB are that:

1. He isn't known for having a "touch", which means he's likely to break his receivers' hands.

2. The first lineman to think of wearing Kryptonite on the playing field will have him hitting the turf like Jim Everett.

Unless it's Red Kryptonite, at which point he becomes Aaron Brooks and either drops the ball or throws it at a lineman.

I'd consider that a forward lateral...

He should be able to teleport backwards OR teleport in front of the ball on a pass, but not take the ball in the backfield and teleport into the end zone.

As far as Superman goes, it depends which thing you want to use as canon.

For instance, in the original Superman movie he was a punter and not a QB.

The two things I'd say to discourage using him as QB are that:

1. He isn't known for having a "touch", which means he's likely to break his receivers' hands.

2. The first lineman to think of wearing Kryptonite on the playing field will have him hitting the turf like Jim Everett.

Unless it's Red Kryptonite, at which point he becomes Aaron Brooks and either drops the ball or throws it at a lineman.

Now this made me laugh.

Waterboy---Aquaman

Captian Marvel is perfect for this and can be the secret weapon as the Waterboy as Billy and when the time is right he can say the magic word "SHAZAM!" to enter the game as a DB.....ditto for Black Adam.

Spiderman could be a CB..shoot webs at the football and intercept every pass.

Between that, his hands, and his leaping ability, that's why I had him there instead of at WR.

He'd make Deion Sanders and Charles Woodson look like high-school players.