TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 16

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I don't like that the Lions are playing the Bears down to the wire. This would actually count as a loss, not just a blowoff.

EDIT: Nope. Bears win, go to 13-2.

I feel bad for the poor dopes who did the "Fire Millen" walkout in the second quarter. I wonder how many went through with it seeing that the Lions were playing the Bears close.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

I don't see why they should sweat a game that doesn't matter. They've got home field wrapped up, I think they should've taken this game off anyway to rest up for the dissection of Green Bay and the march to the playoffs.

Guest Princess Leena
WHAT THE FUCK? Stupidest call ever, seriously. Bills are done. I cannot fathom how in the hell this team finds even more iditotic ways to lose. Into the wind or not, TRY THE FIELD GOAL.

Lindell wouldn't have even got close kicking into that wind. The blame goes to the Bills for their indecision.

Oh well.

WHAT THE FUCK? Stupidest call ever, seriously. Bills are done. I cannot fathom how in the hell this team finds even more iditotic ways to lose. Into the wind or not, TRY THE FIELD GOAL.

Lindell wouldn't have even got close kicking into that wind. The blame goes to the Bills for their indecision.

Oh well.

I'd rather have the miss than just throwing a pick but whatever. The fact is nobody (myself included) thought the Bills would be playing a meaningful game this late, so I'm guess I'm pleased about that, but they should have won the game.

Defense is putting the screws hard to Cutler today, good to see.

I'm disapointed in the lack of snow for the Denver/Cincinnati game given the weather they had earlier this week. I do see the snow piled against the sideline wall but it's not the same with a pretty green field.

Cincinnati got started quick. Cutler's going to have a bad day.

Here comes some snow, so maybe you will get your wish.

Can anyone sort out the NFC Wildcard picture? The Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Rams, and Packers are all 7-8 (and the Niners might be at the end of the day) Anyone know the scenarios?

Yikes, that performance by the Giants was really embarrassing today. Not so much they're actual play (which was poor), but more about how they carry themselves. Constant personal fouls, throwing tantrums when they're down, etc. They had given up on the Saints game halfway through the 3rd when they were only down by 13. Coughlin has to be done at the end of the season.

I was also disappointed with the Steelers bending over and taking it from the Ravens. Usually, that rivalry is competitive and both teams take a lot of pride in winning those games. Even when each team won the SB recently, they split the season series. This year the Steelers got beat up on both sides of the ball and apparently don't care anymore.

Can anyone sort out the NFC Wildcard picture? The Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Rams, and Packers are all 7-8 (and the Niners might be at the end of the day) Anyone know the scenarios?

Eagles are 7-3 in conference, Giants and Packers are 6-5 in conference, Falcons, Panthers and Rams are all 5-6. The first three teams have the best shot at getting in. I think the Eagles might be in already.

Atlanta loses any tiebreaker involving Carolina due to worse divisional record, and the Eagles would lose any tiebreaker involving the Giants due to worse record in common games.

1:00 pm game notes:

- i don't know why but i'm feeling a carolina panthers playoff run coming on. it's not so much that i'm feeling it, it's just that now that they're back in the picture it shouldn't be too long now before they're declared the favorite to win the wild card.

- titans win a game that they probably shouldn't have to keep the slim playoff dream alive. every week with vince feels like walking on eggshells and for all the previous weeks where i was like "oh, this'll be the let down game", i really felt that this week against a hot bills team that seems more complete than the titans would be the let down game. maybe i hit leena's koolaid a bit too hard? who knows.

- yeah, the forward-pass ruling in the jacksonville/new england game was a load of shit. his arm was moving forward. as soon as troy aikman starting saying that "the defensive player's arm caused garrard's arm to move forward" i knew they wouldn't overturn it, but it is assuredly a bullshit call that probably ended the jags' season. if only they could finish against those pesky texans, who now have a .500 record in what (on paper) is probably the #2 or #3 division in football right now.

- so, uh, how about those giants? it's like nobody on that team can understand why they're losing. i caught one scene in that game after a saints touchdown where there were five giants standing around looking at each other like "wow, whose fault was that?" something's gotta be done about that team.

Yeah, Jaron does a great job coaching overall but every once and a while he makes a call stupider than anything Malarky would do. As soon as I heard they were going for it I knew JP (who to his credit now looks like a solid NFL starter) would panic, run around forever and get sacked or picked off. The odds of Lindel making a 45 field goal into the wind are a lot better than converting a 4th and 5 with an inexperienced QB. Even if they got the first down they wouldn't have been that much closer and they could have given up a sack after that and ended up with worse field position.

Anyone else think the Packers have a shot at beating the Bears next week? In this season where past performance doesn't indicate a damn thing, I could see it happening.

Yes, I foresee it.

Philip Rivers is having an awesome game, 1-10 for 9 yards, but he does have the game's only TD with that lone completion.

Anyone else think the Packers have a shot at beating the Bears next week? In this season where past performance doesn't indicate a damn thing, I could see it happening.

Yes, I foresee it.

No because Tank's playing. Now if they sit Grossman, it could happen.

Yes, I foresee it.

I guess you guys forgot how horrible the Packers looked on Thursday.

Is Leinart hurt? I'm following some non-televised games on the NFL website and Warner is in right now.

Why was LT not playing in a 13-7 game? If the Chargers end up losing that game and the # 1 seed and he wasn't hurt I don't like their prospects in the postseason.

Disgusting effort by the Bengals. That was the most asinine way to lose a game and a likely playoff berth I've seen in years.

Holy crap. I can't believe that happened. Cincinnati's center snapped the ball so poorly, the holder barely even got a hand on it. Just embarassing.

Yes, I foresee it.

I guess you guys forgot how horrible the Packers looked on Thursday.

That's why I wrote the part in bold.

Worst onside kick ever.

Awesome win. Just AWESOME.

I liked how the commentators were trying to justify the deep onside kick as a good idea since nobody would have been expecting it.

And the Jets are officially in a Wild Card spot! Nice! My Bengals fan friends are going to be pissed, though.

...How do you play your ass off the entire game, then give up a TD with just twenty nine seconds left?

God damn you Seahawks. I had my hopes up for second.

And then get sacked trying to drive for the trying FG.