TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

How to convert your Showbiz Pizza into a Chuck E. Cheese

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

The old Showbiz Pizza I went to in Arlington Heights has been a Chuck E. Cheese since like 1991. I didn't think there could be any left.

The old Showbiz Pizza I went to in Arlington Heights has been a Chuck E. Cheese since like 1991. I didn't think there could be any left.

Wierdly enough, one of my earliest memories is going to that exact Showtime Pizza and I went to that Check E. Cheese a few times.

Anyone else remember the commercials in the '80s where the two chains were constantly ripping on each other? I remember a Showbiz commercial that showed a parody of Chuck E. Cheese made to look like an ugly rat. It was hilarious.

God I loved my Showbiz Pizza as a kid, 8 lanes of Skee-ball, huge ball pit, tons of arcade games, and the animatronics were plugged in to perform Top 40 hits of the day.

I've been to Chuck-E Cheese's in the last couple years, they suck now, way too small, more concerned with crappy ticket games.

Thank God for Dave & Buster's

That's some real depressing music during the dismantling process.

Last time I went, the two-story Chuck E. Cheese near my old neighborhood in San Jose was a bit run down but still had a decent arcade. The one they just built near my house is completely devoid 0f everything except redemption games.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Wierdly enough, one of my earliest memories is going to that exact Showtime Pizza and I went to that Check E. Cheese a few times.

On Dundee Rd. right before the 53 exit, by Portillo's and a French restaurant? No shit! I used to live around there.

On Dundee Rd. right before the 53 exit, by Portillo's and a French restaurant? No shit! I used to live around there.

Yeah, my Grandparents live in Wheeling.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

My grandmother lives in Northbrook, which is also just down the road from Wheeling. Did you ever go to Peep's? That's where my family would always get hot dogs and chili and Italian beef sammiches to eat while watching Bears games. I still stop in now and then if I'm in the area for some reason. The same woman is still running it, and none of the decor and signage has changed at all in 17 years. That's really cool to me. You're mah anchor, Peep's.

There's a newer Chuck E. Cheese in our area...we went a couple years ago to take my brother-in-law (he's much younger than my wife) there...it was OK...basically no real arcade games...all of the ticket redemption stuff. Kind of a downer, as I remember they used to have really awesome arcades back in the day.

My grandmother lives in Northbrook, which is also just down the road from Wheeling. Did you ever go to Peep's? That's where my family would always get hot dogs and chili and Italian beef sammiches to eat while watching Bears games. I still stop in now and then if I'm in the area for some reason. The same woman is still running it, and none of the decor and signage has changed at all in 17 years. That's really cool to me. You're mah anchor, Peep's.

Never been to Peep's. Sounds good might check it out next time I'm in the area.

We didn't have Showtime, we had Billy Bob's Pizza with animatronic hillbilly bears. Sometime after I outgrew the place, it was turned into a Chuckie Cheese. I guess they bought out all those types of places or something.

People I've talked with always think it was Chuck E. Cheese that bought out Showtime when it was actually the other way around with Showtime buying them and all those other places out. Eventually it was decided to brand all of them as Chuck E. Cheese in order to appeal to younger kids and save money since Showtime's characters were all licensed. Since Billy Bob was one of Showtime's mascots I think they were just another arm of them also.