TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

Changed my picks, no way is Baltimore winning. Their defense isn't good enough to win a SB, their run game will be swallowed up, and their QB isn't as good as Peyton, so I go Colts 31, Ravens 20.

COLTS

EAGLES

BEARS

CHARGERS

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Just confirmed that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are calling the Bears game. Strap in for Grossman-bashing and Bartman clips!!!!

Guest Princess Leena

Aikman was defending Grossman on his radio show. Buck will have to play the doubting part.

Thanks God those two shitty announcers aren't going to wreck the Eagles game again.

Between 5,000 shots of Shockey on the sidelines and Joe Buck sucking off Tiki, it was awful.

"WILL THEY BENCH REX, OMG!" (not likely, Bears will blow Seahawks out)

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Aikman was defending Grossman on his radio show. Buck will have to play the doubting part.

Oh, I'm sure he won't mind. He even brought it up in a Giants game once:

I'm watching the Giants beat the Panthers. The game's near the end. With the Bears nowhere in sight for an entire day, Joe Buck just couldn't stop. Literally out of nowhere, with no introduction or any reference to the Bears preceding it, he comes out with this: "The one thing Rex Grossman can't do with that defense is turn the ball over. At least Eli Manning doesn't do that."

Eli doesn't turn the ball over? The hell? Did Rex Grossman kill Joe's dog or something?

When you say Eli doesn't turn the ball over and you are being serious, something is wrong with your vision of reality.

Maybe during the Bears game he can say, "You know, I think this Bears team needs a veteran quarterback. Someone like Drew Bledsoe. A true leader and someone who doesn't make the mistakes that Grossman does."

Just because the near 30 minutes of silence from Aikman will be priceless.

I don't hate the Bears, I just don't like Grossman (or anyone else who played at Florida under Spurrier). Since MJ retired and the Knicks became a laughingstock there's no reason to hate the Bulls. As for the Cubs how can anyone hate such a lovable group of losers?

The league can't have someone as bad as Grossman follow Big Ben into SB history on the backs of a great defense. At least with Dilfer there was never any pretense that he had anything to do with the ultimate success of his team. Just look at how the anointed Big Ben was ripped for not producing the same results in Pittsburgh even though he ended up playing about as well as he did last year. I can't take the Rex Grossman "fall from grace" angle if the Bears win this year and he still sucks next year.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Yeah, Rex Grossman is going to destroy the National Football League because he's erratic. What are you talking about?

Changed my picks, no way is Baltimore winning. Their defense isn't good enough to win a SB

Are you absolutely serious? The BEST Defense in the NFL isn't good enough to win the Super Bowl?

their run game will be swallowed up
The Colts will see a consistant dose of the Ravens running game, even if they get down early. Billick will have a comittment to the running game regardless. And if the Colts put too much emphasis on stopping the Ravens rushing, McNair will find Todd Heap, Derrick Mason or Mark Clayton deep all day long.

and their QB isn't as good as Peyton

at least McNair's played in a Super Bowl. Peyton's destined to be the next Dan Marino..

so I go Colts 31, Ravens 20.
If the Colts score 31 points on the Ravens defense (all points on the defense, not counting Colts possible defensive scores, win or lose) then I'll quit TSM for good and you'll never see me again. But that ain't happening so I have nothing to worry about. There probably wont even be 31 points scored in the game total.. Ravens 20 Colts 10

COLTS

EAGLES

BEARS

CHARGERS

Ravens/Eagles/Seahawks/Patriots

Guest Vitamin X
If the Colts score 31 points on the Ravens defense (all points on the defense, not counting Colts possible defensive scores, win or lose) then I'll quit TSM for good and you'll never see me again. But that ain't happening so I have nothing to worry about. There probably wont even be 31 points scored in the game total.. Ravens 20 Colts 10

Marv, I'm gonna hold you to this. Although you shouldn't have put in that thing about it having to be all points on the defense, since I have a feeling the Ravens will give up a couple scores off turnovers tomorrow. And he didn't say that they were going to put up 31 on the defense, only on the team.

Now I have someone to root for tomorrow!

All I know is the most points the Ravens allowed all year was 26 to the Titans. They held San Diego to 13, New Orleans to 22 and Cincy to 33 points in 2 games, a couple of the better offenses/QBs in the league. I see no reason why they would allow 31 tomorrow, even to the Colts.

Actually Marino did make that one Super Bowl vs. the Niners. And jobbed in it.

Anyway here are my picks for the weekend:

Baltimore 21, Indianapolis 17. The Colts have been playing like crap on the road lately. They will be better this time, but it'll be for naught.

Philadelphia 31, New Orleans 24. The Saints have been a nice, uplifting story but they still aren't really worth a damn. I seriously, seriously hope I'm wrong about this however.

Chicago 28, Seattle 9. I'm flat out amazed anyone with a clear mind is picking the Seahawks to win this game. Yes, Rex Grossman sucks ass. But can you see a 9-7 team with a -6 point differential on the season making the NFC TITLE GAME???

New England 24, San Diego 22. Nate Kaeding will fuck up and miss a last second FG, much like he did against the Jets 2 years ago. Due to this, people will want Schottenheimer fired.

New England vs. Baltimore will be the AFC title game and Philly vs. Chicago.

Chicago 28, Seattle 9. I'm flat out amazed anyone with a clear mind is picking the Seahawks to win this game. Yes, Rex Grossman sucks ass. But can you see a 9-7 team with a -6 point differential on the season making the NFC TITLE GAME???

Yeah, something like that could never ever happen, especially the year after a # 6 seed won the Super Bowl by beating the # 1, 2 and 3 teams in its own conference on the road and the # 1 seed in the other conference in the SB.

Actually Marino did make that one Super Bowl vs. the Niners. And jobbed in it.

Marino went to the SB in his 2nd year in the league. Peytons already been in the league 8 years the farthest hes gotten is the aFC Championship game where he threw 4 ints vs NE. Id say if he ever does make it to a SB, he'll probably choke then as well.

Im hoping for Eagles/Ravens Super Bowl. It'll be hysteria around here if that happens. They can even bring up the Orioles/Phillies 1983 World Series, the failed T.O. trade to Baltimore (HA!)

"If the Colts score 31 points on the Ravens defense (all points on the defense, not counting Colts possible defensive scores, win or lose) then I'll quit TSM for good and you'll never see me again."

Fuck that, 31 and you're gone. You made such a big-time defensive argument that you just had to have a loophole. 31 is 31. 31 means "Seeya later!" big shot.

their run game will be swallowed up
The Colts will see a consistant dose of the Ravens running game, even if they get down early. Billick will have a comittment to the running game regardless. And if the Colts put too much emphasis on stopping the Ravens rushing, McNair will find Todd Heap, Derrick Mason or Mark Clayton deep all day long.

How'd that work out for LJ and Herm?

So are you assuming Baltimore scores 4 TDs on defense/special teams and McNair and the offense account for the 2 FGs?

Guest Smues

Why am I flashing back to Dama saying to ban him if OU lost to USC, and coming back in what, 2 days? And besides didn't you already 'quit' TSM for good and came back in 2 weeks? I don't see Indy scoring 31 on that defense, but if it happens don't be surprised to be held to your word.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

If the Colts win, Marvin has to change his name to "Manning's Anal Rape Victim, Internet Nuisance."