TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, Jan 15 Issue

Man I looooooooooove their ability to talk out of both sides of their asses in the WWE

CM Punk: Pay your dues you little know-nothing n00b

Lashley: Have the ECW Title Mr. Lashley and can I polish your car?

pathetic, but unfortunately not surprising

Why are you suprised? WWE has always catered to home grown talent like Lashley.

Well I didn't say "surprised" - amused by their total lack of common sense (and glad that because of the net the WWE aren't my only source of wrestling any more)

Well I didn't say "surprised" - amused by their total lack of common sense (and glad that because of the net the WWE aren't my only source of wrestling any more)

I'm use to it by now...

I really don't know why McMahon insists on pushing unover stuff down our throats, and then burying people who are over (RVD, CM Punk as some expamples).

I'm beginning to wonder if McMahon just got lucky during the attitude era because right now it seems that he doesn't have the slightest clue (or he does and just doesn't care) about what THE PEOPLE want.

I'm not asking for a title run for RVD or Punk or anything like that, just PLEASE don't bury them.

I think the success of '98 - '01 went to McMahon's head. I don't think it was all luck...but he did get some great talent working for him. He's still stuck in the "Attitude" era and believes everything he does is gold.

I dont anyone's that lucky. I think in 1997 he realized he was an old man that didnt know what the fans want, and he'd listen to anyone/anything.

I also think he underestimated good wrestling/wrestlers in the main event.

He honestly believes if someone else shaved their head they wouldve been as popular as Austin, even if he was a poor worker. That's obvious his treatment of Austin his last active years, wanting him to put over Coachman of all people.

The only time he was honest as a promoter was when he was doing an interview and said, " I honestly dont understand the character or popularity of Stone Cold." That was back in '96 so it wasnt as angle and he wasnt considered the go-to guy yet.

So he was much more openminded when it came to talent back then.

Now he pushes who he wants and doesnt seem to listen to anybody, or at least nobody ever questions him.

So all the success he had made him think he ISNT an old man who has a loony view of wrestling.

The problem is before the boom they were losing money, and turned everything around in a year. Now, they never lose any money, even though the product sucks, so no one ever tells mcmahon is crazy. A huge bulk of fan support would have to cease before they look at creative and stop the crap.

The problem is before the boom they were losing money, and turned everything around in a year. Now, they never lose any money, even though the product sucks, so no one ever tells mcmahon is crazy. A huge bulk of fan support would have to cease before they look at creative and stop the crap.

Hasn't the WWE had losses at all within the 2000s? I thought they did at least once or twice.

as crazy as Vince is, I would imagine he would realize shit is getting bad once the losses roll in...they obviously aren't losing too much cash if they're continuing to put out the crap you currently see (let me just note that really it's just Raw that's crap).

Yeah but that was a TOTAL fluke - come on now we ALL know that, it was just LUCKY that it happened like that, not something that Heyman put some energy and thought into making happen coupled with Punk's own intangiable qualities, no, no it was just a fluke.

then again if say Lasley's verness is what happens "by desgin" then sign me up for the "Fluke overness" any day.