TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

Since when doesn't Yahoo set a roster for you? Every other league the roster filled in with the earliest drafted players in their position and you edited from there. I figured I would at least be able to have that for this week.

If anyone's desperate for holds, I'd be interesting in trading Jon Rauch for a position player. He was kind of an insurance policy in case Heilman didn't work out, but with Heilman looking healthy and recording two holds already, that's not looking like much of an issue.

My offense led by monster power houses like Jacque Jones, LaRoche, Rolen, and Kevin Youkilis is already flailing... At least my pitching is holding up with a very solid outing last night.

I benched Salomon Torres in favor of Zack Greinke because I was worried about hitting 28 innings, and Torres goes out and gets saves in the first two games. I love weekly rosters! <_<

Could be worse, you could have 22 1/3 IP of 3 run ball sitting on the bench. I still can't believe there was no auto roster set up. Figures I finally got the home computer back on Tuesday a couple days too late.

I really like having weekly rosters in this league. Makes for more of a challenge and makes you actually have to do a bit of thinking and research at the beginning of the week, rather than just throwing in whoever's starting on that day.

You can't forsee an injury though. I mean, it's not like we have 10 bench spots anyway. Whoever you have will most likely play no matter what, but it's the injuries that throw off your whole week.

I know we voted on it, but daily rosters seems a lot better. This is supposed to be fun!

The roto league is for fun this is hardcore anti-streaming, anti-cheating, anti-joke team, you actually have to think about this one. Its a miracle my team is healthy!

You can't forsee an injury though. I mean, it's not like we have 10 bench spots anyway. Whoever you have will most likely play no matter what, but it's the injuries that throw off your whole week.

That's part of the challenge.

Here's hoping my pickups of Trot and Peralta make a difference next week (damn Kom going off this week offensively...). Granted I can't really slot Trot anywhere at the moment barring an injury occurring in my OF but oh well. Peralta better get named the closer soon.

I will have the best cumulative OBP over the whole season in fantasy baseball history.

.512 right now.

Yay, 2 HRs, and like 5 RBIs sitting on the bench between Church and Marte.

Frank Thomas is up for trade. Looking for a starter, or just an offensive player who can get some steals, and has a decent OBP.

I just racked up my 3rd player on the DL so far this week.

My pitching staff has completely exploded already. I have recorded 8 innings pitched between 2 starters and 2 relief pitchers. I was slightly happy that Chris Carpenters start on Sunday didn't count because he had a bad 7.5 ERA over 6 IP. John Patterson, a 14.73 ERA over 3.2 IP, and AJ Burnett, a 27.0 ERA over 2.0 IP, both have managed to make Carpenter's start look like a gem.

For some reason Carpenter's next start is getting skipped in favor of Kip Wells, Which fucks me out of a few innings because I could have started Mike Maroth instead and got probably 5 innings out of him. Patterson and Kei Igawa are scheduled to pitch on Saturday. That's it for my starting pitchers for the remainder of the week. They would have to both go 9 innings for me to have any chance to make the innings requirement. And that would only happen if they both have no hitters going and I know damn sure that isn't happening.

My batting categories seem on par with what I expected. I will without question have the lowest HR totals in the league.

I was hoping Freddy Garcia would be back with the Phillies this weekend, but he's making a rehab start in A-ball first. Now I need 7 innings minimum from Oliver Perez and Dave Bush, plus probably four innings from my relievers.

Just as a heads up, he may miss next week too. I think he is scheduled to make two minor league starts and be back 15th-ish. Not positive about that but look into it on Saturday if possible before setting your rotation for next week.

I seriously hate the Holds stat and Mike Stanton for being a mere one out pitcher and Billingsly not becoming the next Scot Shields...