TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

Currently down 7-3 with my offense fading (OBP, SLG, HR) and my pitching not doing enough to catch up on some categories (K's, Saves).

The only good news is I'm tied in WHIP, Saves, and am 1 SB shy of tying that category. I'm hoping for a big day from my offense today so I can jump the R and RBI categories too.

I've got 3 Mariners who I'm losing games on, plus, the only players who are hitting worth anything are my 3 Blue Jays and they had a game cancelled, too.

Thankfully my pitching is doing really well.

Yeah, my pitching's awesome. Going into the day, I had all my innings done and an ERA under 2.00. It's been enough to give me an 8-4 lead, even though I haven't got much production out of my offense. Pujols has been especially frustrating as he's slugging under .200 for the season thus far.

Looking at a big win this week, my offence seems to be holding on despite getting zero production from anyone not named Kinsler, Ramirez or Granderson, and with one more start to go from each of Santana, Peavy & Escobar i should clean up in every pitching stat aside from Holds & Saves.

Jimmy F'N Rollins is the man, that is all. The man owns all 6 categories on offense 5 Runs, 3 HRs, 6 RBIs, 1 Steal, .600 OBP, .800 SLG!

My offense is still barely trailing Kom even though Ichiro's been sitting almost nightly and my pitching may/may not catch up on WHIP and K despite C.C. Sabathia's having his start delayed like 2 times now.

Got the season off to a pretty good start with an 8-3 win over the Rebels of Oakland. If everyone had remembered to set their rosters, that would be enough to put me a half game out of first. My offense didn't play up to potential, but still won 4 categories and my pitching was just lights-out awesome. Also, my recent signings of Xavier Nady and Dave Roberts will mean that I'm not stuck starting Nick Punto this week which should be a nice little boost to my hitting.

A very nice 9-3 win for me, 40+ innings of 2.68 ERA baseball and reasonably good offence. I'll be hurting if Hanley Ramirez misses any significant time though.

Well, if it had to be the week where Manny and Teixeira both struggled badly...

I was going to worry about my pitching this week, but with Johan and Peavy on the other team, I gave up.

Disappointed in my offense's showing though I guess I should be proud since I was missing Ichiro for like half the week and still managed to stay within range in R and SB.

Here's hoping the changes I've made with Trot and Blake now in the lineup can offer up more power and better OBP/SLG on the week. And can I please get a start out of Sabathia? Jeesh.

Well so far this week I've racked up 2 more guys on the DL. Bringing the total of 5 guys so far this season, one of which has been dropped.

Hideki Matsui and Chris Carpenter are the newest two. I couldn't get Matsui out of the lineup in time so he's going to log a bunch of nothing for me this week. Once again I'm probably going to be pressed for innings pitched. Thankfully AJ Burnett had a quality start tonight.

This season isn't looking very promising. I thought a lot of the older players I had would break down later in the season. Not the first week. This team is going to take some serious work to try and turn around.

173989287_cb87536941_o.png

GEICO, FA pick of the week was SP Looper and damn did he produce like a pro he went 7 innings! for a 3-0 win nonetheless! GEICO keeping the ERA and WHIP as low as possible...it's a shame that Maine couldn't make one more out to get credit for the win though.

Goods new is that Schmidt won't miss his start Sunday. Bad news is that my offense is once again going up against a team whose offense is currently batting really well, which I can't afford. I am happy with my OBP/SLG but annoyed at trailing or being tied in most categories...again.

I'm putting Buehrle on the trading block he should get 2 starts with 10 innings next week. For anyone who is in desperate need of innings well here you go. I'll consider a closer or another starter in trade.